• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FUND: Help MANG0 get to EUROPE! $496.0 Goal: $1000! (BEAST 3!!!)

Armada

Smash Lord
I totally understand that. Armada flights back to the other end of the world and declares his retirement -> No way you could ever play him again. :urg:

Imo the best way would´ve been Armada declares his retirement after Apex BEFORE Apex actual happend. People from America could´ve had a last chance playing him.

This is an unhappy situation. :facepalm:
Yeah but what people don't understand is how that would affect my experience in America.
As most people probably have seen on the boards people is asking about EVO/G3.

Imagine how Apex 2013 would have been for me. Not been able to do anything or focus on the tournament.

That maybe sounds extreme but I think the reactions would still be pretty strong and I wanted to have a "normal" last tournament.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I agree with Armada. How he executed his retirement kind of sucks in a lot of ways, but for HIM, this was just about the best way it could be done. The thoughts and feelings Mew2King posted aren't exclusive to him; there would have been literally hundreds of people trying to "get their last set in w/ Armada" at APEX 2013 and flocking him the entire weekend, affecting his enjoyment and performance at the event. For Armada, there was no way to do it that satisfied all parties, and for all he's contributed to Melee and the community at large, he wasn't obligated to make a sacrifice like that.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
i actually agree with Armada as well

it's just too bad that Apex's GFs weren't arm2k battling it out. really wanted to see that, but i fail to see how it's mature to try and talk him into continuing to compete when he doesn't want to.

now, just playing serious sets for fun with no money on the line is different. and armada would probably make a badass coach/commentator

:phone:

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yeah I kinda want my money back

I'll donate it to another fund sometime probably but that decision's mine

thanks novi

10th

Smash Cadet
I can ask him but I think he will not play serious no matter what :/
Any way to convince him to play one final set vs M2k? Not that he owes anything to the community, but it would be such a nice parting gift for everybody involved. Obviously everybody really wants to see it!

Scar

#HarveyDent
^everyone is allowing him whatever dude, it's just voicing opinions. "you people are vultures" = too much.

i still think it would be sick if he could stay in shape for beast/genesis/potentially evo. if there's anything we can do to facilitate that i think the community would reasonably come together and support armada.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Armada will have given this matter an extreme amount of thought. Continuing to ask more of someone who has given us so much, despite their constant refutation, is disrespectful.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Armada will have given this matter an extreme amount of thought. Continuing to ask more of someone who has given us so much, despite their constant refutation, is disrespectful.
Do you mean to say he has given this matter an extreme amount of thought? Your usage of the future perfect is a bit ambiguous.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
It wouldn't shock me if a couple years down the road once the metagame advanced further we see Armada come back. I don't claim to know Armada at all but it sounds like he's more burned out than tired of the entire game ala Isai and Ken.

UGS.Android

Smash Cadet
It wouldn't shock me if a couple years down the road once the metagame advanced further we see Armada come back. I don't claim to know Armada at all but it sounds like he's more burned out than tired of the entire game ala Isai and Ken.
I wasn't here when Isai and Ken retire, but what I know is Armada is tired to tell everyone he "retire". Armada is that kind of person who not change his decision.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
so yeah im still down to visit Sweden since I had been planning for like 6 months and

got a few homies who were down to come

but if u guys wanna take ur donations back I understand

and yeah if I won you guys would get ur cash back

<33

NamiNami

Smash Apprentice
Actually can we do like $20-30 MM? Still have so many dollars after my US trip.

Or I could give Novi the money next time I meet him though, too lazy to create a PayPal.

Should save for G3 too lol.

hectohertz

Smash Ace
yeah i would still be down to see mango vs europe even without armada, would be pretty cool. and who knows, maybe AR will MM/pride match you

MaNg0

Smash Hero
so far I have scar as 100 percent confirmed with me

possibly toph and possibly boback

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
I'd hope for a madman to burst in and shoot all the smashers in the venue if that happened

Top Bottom