• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FUND: Help MANG0 get to EUROPE! $496.0 Goal: $1000! (BEAST 3!!!)

Battlecow

Play to Win
I wish I could be a success like blazing speed and live through my own noteworthy accomplishments in smash and sports.

limited, respectable patriotism is a laudable virtue in a person of any nationality. In Americans, it's even justified because we're objectively the best country in the world.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
All this US hate is completely unwarranted. Hate on their smash community all you want, but insulting the country itself, especially if you've never been there, is completely stupid. It's a perfectly good country, for the most part. Of course there are bad parts of it, but there are bad parts of every country.

I had more to say but I forgot what it was as I was typing :embarrass:

btw, I'm not American
ive been to flopmerica several times.
minnesota, hawaii, florida and new york. all in all 6 or 7 times. last time i was there was roughly 1.5 years ago.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Patriotism, in any manifestation, is pathetic. You're that desperate to define yourself that you have to identify with the plot of land your parents happen to **** on? You live vicariously through the achievements of others, both in Smash and (apparently) in sports, because you're a loser who's succeeded in neither field as an individual.
What do you know about me defining myself?

I live vicariously through the accomplishments of others? What do you know about my life?

I'm a loser? Because I'm not a top player in smash or a professional athlete?

Lol. I'm not judging you based off a gaming forum like you've done to me, but if I were to, I'd say you are very stupid. ;)

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Europeans tryin to get Mango's thread closed so he can't **** em up
I wouldn't be surprised if a handful of them felt this way lol... Although I know most of them don't... I don't plan on doing or provoking anything that would warrant closing this thread, but I'll put ignorant haters on blast any day.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
OK, guy. How about, Mike Haggar CONSTANTLY says ****ed up **** about the US... CONSTANTLY. But I make one statement and I'm going "all patriot"? He talks **** non-stop and I poke fun at him ONCE and he didn't like it so I agreed to stop. What are you trying to get at here exactly? Aside from advertising that you are uninformed, that is.

Edit: btw, I like how you're obsessed with an american band, lol.
Dude, the trolls... Like... They're so dumb. Why bother talking back?

PS: This is a snowman.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Dave when you add population into the equation, we didn't do particularly well at the Olympics

When that's added in

Jamaica did the best

Which means this fund should be for virusbluemage

End of discussion

Yay mangos

:phone:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Dave when you add population into the equation, we didn't do particularly well at the Olympics

When that's added in

Jamaica did the best

Which means this fund should be for virusbluemage

End of discussion

Yay mangos

Again, Lucas, I'm fully aware of that. It's a shame that people take dialogues with mike haggar so seriously.

the green baron

Smash Cadet
in a safe way, like virtually all fox/falco players (maybe not most flopmerican ones). he laser camps/waits more then the average fox/falco from europe.
but thats because mango is SMARTER HURR DURR MANGO HAS THE BEST POTENTIAL READS EVERYTHING MANGO OPEN YOUR ******* SO I CAN STICK MY HEAD IN IT
Can you provide vids to compare mango to the "average" European spacie?

Bones0

Smash Legend
The US sucks in almost every single conceivable category, especially because most of the things we are second rate in compared to other industrialized countries could easily be superior if the general populous would stop being a bunch of ignorant ****s.

That being said, one thing we are sick at is competing in games, and Melee is a game, so GO MANGO! WOOH! **** YEAH!

Battlecow

Play to Win
The US sucks in almost every single conceivable category, especially because most of the things we are second rate in compared to other industrialized countries could easily be superior if the general populous would stop being a bunch of ignorant ****s.!
Dude you and the rest of the "IT'S NEGATIVE SO IT MUST BE TRUE LOOK AT ME I HATE MY COUNTRY JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER DUMB LIBERAL 20SOMETHING" crowd make me sick. Every conceivable category? Really? You're confident that this country is inferior to those glorious European paradises in every way? You can't think of a single way, cultural, economic, hell, meteorological, in which we're equal to them?

You're one ignorant mother****er, dude. You think you're better than the average american, but you're so, so much worse.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
The US sucks in almost every single conceivable category, especially because most of the things we are second rate in compared to other industrialized countries could easily be superior if the general populous would stop being a bunch of ignorant ****s.

That being said, one thing we are sick at is competing in games, and Melee is a game, so GO MANGO! WOOH! **** YEAH!
actually overall flopmerica sucks at e-sports especially looking at how big the population is

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Maybe someone with $200 lying around but not willing to donate can lend it to your donation if they trust you can pay them back by Jan.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
When is the ticket being bought? If we can wait til January-ish, I can promise $200
The goal is to buy it ASAP as the prices are going up. We have about 20% of the amount now, although I think Mang0 will be able to cover atleast third of the price of the ticket with his tournament winnings.

Please don't lock this thread mods, please =(

And everyone please stop with offtopic & trolling etc.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
actually overall flopmerica sucks at e-sports especially looking at how big the population is
yea but we **** at summer olympics broooo.
how many medals did sweden win again?

on topic: I may have some money coming in soon and will try to donate a good $50-100 or so (depending on what I get).
so yea.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Maybe someone with $200 lying around but not willing to donate can lend it to your donation if they trust you can pay them back by Jan.
The issue there is a lack of trust. I don't really know Toph so I'm not willing to lend him $200 because I trust him. I mean, that's the limit on the amounts we're donating to mango, right? Trusting him to place 1st-2nd at the tourney, to pay us back when he does, etc.

Also--doesn't Europe have any other major tournaments? I feel like somebody somewhere on the continent should be capable of obtaining a venue that could fit more than a hundred people. Not sure if we should pay to send him to a second-rate tourney in terms of size; this is likely a one-time thing.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
yea I'd be more willing to pay for him to go to a larger one.
but from my understanding, euro tourneys don't even get much more than 150 or so do they?

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
If there is another larger tournament coming up next year in Europe and I haven't bought the tickets yet I might consider another tournament.

I think 200 is like a record number or something, EU tourneys are not that big.

Mahone

Smash Champion
ugh... the 100 person cap is pretty lame

also, i dont know if i missed it but it doesnt say what the singles entry fee is

im just trying to get an idea of whether id get paid back in full if he won or not

i dont really wanna donate if he cant pay back at least some if he wins

Ive lost too much money betting on mango cuz he sandbagged to donate right away though...

if he wins apex 2013 and looks like he actually is trying then ill mm for however much money i have at the time...

itll probably be $400 bucks, but it might end up a little less or more if u get like a parking ticket or some ****

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
MM Mango for $400? Admirable. I doubt that'll be necessary as long as he isn't too hungover to win a few more tournies lol

Mahone

Smash Champion
ya true, i was thinking if he has this much and wins apex he might not even need it, but whatever, just in case he does

also im planning on winning, so i might be the reason he cant go

edit: also i might be in nc in the next week, can u hang out at all? i vaguely remember u having a hard job and not having a lot of time off, but if ur free and not super out of the way id be down to drive there and play

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
lol I hear you, I wouldn't think of donating if he was sandbagging/getting drunk and losing tournies leading up to the EU one.

Next week? Pretty sure I'll be in NY by monday, but I haven't gotten the call yet from work. I got the "it's coming up, get ready" phone call. Just waiting. who knows it might be a full week from now but idk. We need to play some time. You get up with blackchris? he's in blacksburg right now

edit: PM's.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
yea but we **** at summer olympics broooo.
how many medals did sweden win again?
Not this fail again. 3 times more than the US. If you want to counter-troll by bragging, at least know what there is to brag about.

Also--doesn't Europe have any other major tournaments? I feel like somebody somewhere on the continent should be capable of obtaining a venue that could fit more than a hundred people. Not sure if we should pay to send him to a second-rate tourney in terms of size; this is likely a one-time thing.
There will likely be a Beast 3 soon, but I heard it will be a little too soon and that Mango won't come here before Apex.
Maybe ask Lolex to make Beast 4 shortly afterwards =). Or just postpone Beast 3.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Not this fail again. 3 times more than the US. If you want to counter-troll by bragging, at least know what there is to brag about.

There will likely be a Beast 3 soon, but I heard it will be a little too soon and that Mango won't come here before Apex.
Maybe ask Lolex to make Beast 4 shortly afterwards =). Or just postpone Beast 3.
We may have a big tournament in France in 2013, but nothing is set yet. It would most likely be an ESA or an HF-Lan, which means it'd take place in Paris.
But nothing is confirmed yet :/

Tero.

Smash Champion
Hope you guys don't choose the same weekends as Melee Royale!
Also if those tournaments are like 3 weekends in a row mango could attend all of them :S

Armada

Smash Lord
Yeah but I doubt all them will be really big if we have them that close to each other :p
The 100 limit is bad because Mango maybe is coming.

I hope a tournament in Paris or something can be housted so we can have much more. Beast 3 in planned before Apex 2013 but maybe we can have Beast 4 in the summer or something.

Top Bottom