• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fthrow/Dthrow Chaingrab Thread

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
zss has an infinite on rob? *goes to check it out!* also, cg's make it fun, because while being gay is, well, gay, its part of the smash series. From back in the day with hitstun being existent, to melee's upgraded version of that, cg's are now the brawl version of gay (well one version, aside from mk) and its just like, a shine in melee, it happens and you get gayed and move on. eventually you will learn to get around it. These are no exception, putting them out there and using them allows for creativity and learning for everyone, which in turn helps everyone, making brawl a better game

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
... ... ... I don't understand. These grabs are phenomenal. Pikachu was a great character to begin with but now you will have more people picking him up on a high level and it will cause his metagame to evolve more quickly. That is a good thing.

So... wait, let me get this straight. You don't want to play Pikachu anymore because now he is taken more seriously? That path of thought makes no sense and is ridiculous.

Why does the fact that the character is no longer underrated mean that you wouldn't want to main him anymore? That makes no sense.

Brawl is a game with ~35 characters that is played by millions of people-- you were never a Pikachu snowflake to begin with, dude. Don't kid yourself.

Play who you like playing, not who "no one else plays".

Also, Hylian is correct about the IC grab range-- Pika has a much easier time than IC grabbing people. Falco is not very hard to get grabs on-- all he can do is Laser/Laser/Phantasm to get away from Ice Climbers, and they always eventually get him. For Pikachu it will be even easier to grab Falco.
Wow, someone with logic.

I thought I was alone for a second there. <3.

gallax

Smash Hero
ever since the clan thread got exiled we are using this now.

and lets start up those matchup ratios again. version 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Hylian, the only reason i wasn't refuting their points is i tend to get overzealous and end up pissed at them for having an opinion, even if it is stupid.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
No he shouldn't, this is still the best thing for pikachu, and they aren't even fully tested.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Hylian should close this thread
Why should it be closed? I understand that you don't like the CGs.... I'm not too crazy about CGs in general either, but the fact is that in competitive play, you do what you have to in order to win. (And aside from the space animals, no one gets completely shut down by them.) These CGs can only help you win with Pika whether you like it or not.

Besides, no one's forcing you to use them or even to participate in this thread. These CGs are far from necessary, so if you want to play without them, play without them. But you can't sit there and pretend that they're not useful or deserving of being explored and discussed.

Unless you weren't being serious, in which case.... ignore this....

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Im confused..im testing MK again...and i got him at 0%. But i see his DJ animation happen...he can only do this instead of footstol?

If he can't its 0-52 + regrab

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
ok a couple things from my tourney. pika can jump out of his own cg, and apparently there is a 60 damage fthrow-dthrow chain on mk? this good mk at the tourney said someone did it to him in wisonson and he couldnt escape. fthrow on mk????

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
can you buffer fthrow cg?
You can buffer the dashes in-between.... but as for the grabs themselves: since you can interrupt a dash on its first frame anyway, it's not really buffering the grabs. Just doing them quickly.

If you mean buffer fthrow in place, I don't think so.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
You can fthrow>regrab MK at 0%. It just depends on what MK is trying to do to escape it. If he's trying to jump out, then you have to grab early in your dash. If he's trying to up b out, then you have to grab a little later. Grabbing late when he's trying to jump will miss and grabbing early when he's trying to up b will cause you to get hit.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
You can fthrow>regrab MK at 0%. It just depends on what MK is trying to do to escape it. If he's trying to jump out, then you have to grab early in your dash. If he's trying to up b out, then you have to grab a little later. Grabbing late when he's trying to jump will miss and grabbing early when he's trying to up b will cause you to get hit.
Wow that is a pain in the ***.

So basically, learn the timing, and look at your opponents controller. If they are mashing jump, do it early. If they are mashing up-b, do it late.

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
i try to bait the up+b and then jump and bait the glide attack

Uair into it and continue the cg where he lands...

Either way the fthrow will put the 10% on needed to do the dthrows

It really does become a fun little guessing game after u fthrow mk

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I am testing buffering Dashes for F-throws, and here is what i got

ZSS
0-47%. F-throw x6 + regrab

MK
0-10% Fthrow x1 + regrab
If you run for 5 frames then grab you get it no matter what. He cannot jump or up-b out of it, and then you can start D-throw CG.

Sonic
0-41% F-throw x5 + regrab

Anybody not on this list or the old list cannot be F-throw CGd

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Nice.

The ZSS one should come in handy.... and the MK one as a setup for the dthrow CG, of course.

Thanks ESAM.

1nconspikuous

Smash Apprentice
wait so fthrow > buffered dash > regrab > CG buffer dthrows are inescapable on mk? wow. that's wicked!
and the other ones are great too. =)

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
wait so fthrow > buffered dash > regrab > CG buffer dthrows are inescapable on mk? wow. that's wicked!
and the other ones are great too. =)
Basically, yes. Its inescapable, BUT you have a very small window to do the regrab. If you mess up by a few frames they up-b or jump out of it.

marioBROPRO

Smash Cadet
In the basis of starting a chain-grab, what is recommended after the CG itself? What I have found useful is to do either an B-throw or a FAIR to a Nair or something similar followed by what must be an NAIR, any thoughts?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Best options after the CG is either regrab and throw of the ledge, or to jump and nair. I don't think anything else is fast enough.

Top Bottom