• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Frigate Orpheon is the best stage in the game.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Also known as Forgade Optiom.

Discuss this wonderous battleground.

It's just so amazing. The lip lets you perform ridiculous walljumps/clings if you're Lucario and allows a new form of planking due to the lip that can only be seen on that one stage. The short, stubby main stage of Frigate1 is heaven for juggle-based characters and matchups, as well as matchups dependent on intense close-combat, and the single platform on the left is just the perfect height for a lot of fun shenanigans. The temporary wall is just superb, and the floating platform on the right is just amazing to abuse against characters with short recoveries, linear vertical recoveries, linear horizontal recoveries, or recoveries with terrible landing lag.

Grabbing someone at just the right spot on Frigate during a flip so that they die and you live, and standing at just the right spot on one of the sides during the flip and buffering an aerial that connects with an opponent on the opposite side(and possibly kills/spikes) is just one of the greatest feelings ever. Same with baiting a fastfall aerial or using a spiking throw during the flip.

The side platforms on Frigate2 can save people from gimps and are common enough to have a regular effect on the match. The lowered mid-section of the stage combined with the platform above is just heaven for platform campers, and once again the height of the platform is just perfect for many fun shenanigans. The lowered mid-section also has its share of shenanigans outside of camping, such as how Ice Climbers can alternate ice blocks to form a small, impregnable fortress.

All in all, this stage is sexy. Use it more and discuss.

rolrctermaniac

Smash Apprentice
Heck ya it is! i love to use it even with Falco and lolimar. Frigate 2 is my my favorite part. the groove in the middle is Fun and the platform is a great defense from aerial appraching

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
Personally i prefer smashville
Don't get me wrong when i say this i enjoy Frigate its my 3rd favorite stage Castle siege,smashville,frigate It causes minimum lag and it can really save when your in a vicegrip sitch

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Not one of my favorites because of my char but a very awsome stage for sure.

Mogotoo

Smash Rookie
Wow... I never thought about it in that sort of detail.

I guess it's a fine stage, but not particularly rememorable.

Variable

Smash Ace
I'm not a huge fan, there are better stages, but I do enjoy playing there every now and then. Doesn't compliment either of my characters too well... But if I'm playing with friends and for fun then yeah, It's a good stage.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I hate this stage. -_- I like the music, but the stage itself is just...ugh. Don't like getting screwed over by the ledgeless side. I find it too small for my playing style, much like Smashville. Platforms don't feel like they are in the right spot to me, they feel too low or something. Not exactly sure.

Lylat Cruise's Background > Frigate Orpheon's Background BTW. :D

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It's great, and I'd love to push it as starter, but the non-teatherable ledge kills it for that :/

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Despite what you might think, if the RNG keeps the stage to the second half this is actually the best Olimar stage in the game, due to the dip covered by a platform and the pikmin ratios here.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
i liek this stage, all my characters can recover while alot of people cant from the ledgeless side :D
Except peach :( her stupid umbrella ugh
But, it does make pk thunder2 hard for lucas in its 1st position as he can fall off if the moving platform on the right is up D:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Frigate is best for my Sonic and Falcon, so thats a positive.
But when it comes to ICs, meh, FD flat stage all the way:bigthumbu

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's rare for someone to counterpick this in my area, I love to abuse that fact. Also shenanigans are always good as long as you're on the giving end instead of the receiving. It has a nice tendancy to break people's ordinary playstyles as well.

Darach

Smash Rookie
Its a fun stage. Ain't gonna lie the first time I played it I swear I thought the parasite Queen was gonna jump at us @_@.

Variable

Smash Ace
This map is amazing... And way underplayed if you ask me.. Every now and then you'll get stuck with a stage rotation though... =\

Damage Points

Smash Ace
agreed. def a top map, one of my best wario maps. i can camp my a$$ off on this stage and i love all the changes that go on during the match.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
It's an okay level. I tend to have some hard feelings on that first part of the stage (no ledge makes Link cry :urg:), but the second part is great. Plus, it's good for practicing your DI if you play a character with a bad recovery; it forces you to learn or die, hahaha.

Judo777

Smash Master
Despite what you might think, if the RNG keeps the stage to the second half this is actually the best Olimar stage in the game, due to the dip covered by a platform and the pikmin ratios here.
Wrong see distant planet lol

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Tbh, I don't like the second form too much due to getting camped crazily under the platform, but the first part of Frigate is amazing. If it never changed I would CP every time without hesitation, I still CP it a lot as the first form is my favorite stage in the game but I also have Smashville and Delfino in consideration too.

As a Samus main I loath this stage. It's so small I can't really camp at all, and im limited to one ledge :/. It's fun for other characters, not for me though.

Arcade

Smash Ace
I really like this stage. It's stylish, it has good music, and it has a good gimmick. If I designed it I'd have to give myself a

Pony

Smash Apprentice
I always called it Freakin' Orphanage.

I really have no specific reason for liking this stage.. I just feel comfortable there. :)

PurpleTop

Smash Cadet
Frigate has always been my favorite as well haha. The background is so epic, and I love the music. When the stage switches, it is really cool also. Plus it has a flat ground, which is always nice. Those little platforms that come in and out of the side of the screen on the flipped part of the stage is always fun to mess around on too.

Top Bottom