• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox's that use X

PK Webb

Smash Champion
does anyone have a certain way the do short hop nair/bairs outta shine with x.....im finding it almost impossible to do with x CONSISTENTLY........i rilly dont want to learn Y becuz i so use to x i feel it would rilly mess up my game so any1 have any advice?

JPOBS

Smash Hero
like shield pressure?

theres really no trick to it other than practice.

Or you could use stick+A for your aerials so that you minimize the effort required to move your fingers to do the attack. x->ctick is a long way brah

PK Webb

Smash Champion
stick for shield pressure?????? i guess i cud try cuz y feels like wtf but the fast fall part would be more difficult right????? im just curious...... i rilly need to get this down.......i can do it wit x but its alot of stress on the finger =(

JPOBS

Smash Hero
If you're going to change what button/method you use to jump, you might as well just practice it with X only. either way, your going to have to learn how to the maneuverer. i cant imagine re-learning to stick jump or use y would be any easier than just manning up and using X but i could be wrong i guess.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
imma man up and go x with it...i jus did ten in a row wit x so i guess i just gotta get better

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I switched to Y specifically because of this heh. I was having success using Z for the aerial though, making the only hard part of the whole thing going from B -> X.

Y makes it ridiculously easier though tbh, it feels like you have more control and time (easier to delay aerials, and space since your less focus on the speed aspect, at least in the beginning).

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
does anyone have a certain way the do short hop nair/bairs outta shine with x.....im finding it almost impossible to do with x CONSISTENTLY........i rilly dont want to learn Y becuz i so use to x i feel it would rilly mess up my game so any1 have any advice?
Practice. I use X and I never really run into problems.

Then again, I have giant hands, so that might be why I have an easier time..:redface:

EWC

Smash Ace
I use up for most of my other jumps out of shine, but I do it fast enough that I'll often get stuck in hitlag if I try to do it against a shield. So I do all of my shield pressure strings with x. I'm pretty consistent.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I can easily jump outta shine it shorthoppin that's the issue
I thought I was in the Falco boards and was about to laugh at you sooooo hard

I've never understood how people use X ... it just feels so weird :c

RTpmwe

Smash Cadet
I personally use X and I don't see a problem with using it. Shorthops out of shine and sh's in general don't give me a problem.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
when u sh outta shine do u just hit the button rilly fast or do u slide ur finger off the button

tect

Smash Journeyman
I use X, I just use the joint of my thumb instead of the tip. I don't believe that my 'method' is all that uncommon.

takieddine

Smash Master
Short hop with x by sliding the tip of your thumb off of it(meaning you basically just slide off the bottom, and dont start at the middle or the top of the button), and bring out fast aerials with z, delayed aerials with A.

Y is only for situations where you need to get to B fast, like JC shines, and SH lasers.

LLDL

Smash Hero
I use X to nair, it's easy for fox you just need to break your thumb in. As for short hop bair, i use the c stick.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I should point out that if your having trouble with the shine -> sh part. Remember you can just hit A on your way to X and it will make no difference. So you may be able to save some time on your part by not having to try to avoid A on your way to hitting X.

Van.

Smash Ace
I shorthop by "flicking" X so my thumb ends up miles from the B-button but I havent had any problems with SHing out of shines.

0Room

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure it's the same distance to X as it is to Y, so it doesn't really matter. Just a different direction.

Top Bottom