• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox vs DK: matchup battle

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
IT'S OVER 9000! Just to let you guys know, Dragonball Z is way to awesome for its own good. I've been watching way to much of it lately. I'm ready for this thing in january, but when I try to get online matches going, either I can't find a soul willing to participate, or the ones I find only know how to lag.

Also, fox boards is going to win.

M@v

Subarashii!
Me and Zhamy are the same in one aspect. If you wrong, we are telling you straight up. We aren't going to make you feel any better about it either =P

Veggi

Smash Champion
About edgeguarding, keep in mind when edgeguarding DK that you can jump off and nair him, then jump and uair or fair him while he is doing his up b because he is vulnerable from below.

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
I'll participate as 1 of the foxes if you need more, i'm up 4 kicking sum monkey ***. just make sure it is east coast. I officialy quit playing ppl in west.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
but Dair from straight above works as well right?

anyway i just need edgeguarding work in general, cause anyone whos fought my Fox can say they rarely if ever see me follow them off stage.

OP is now updated. if i missed someone please tell me. now we need the DKs to collect a organized list for there 9000 competitors.

Irsic

Smash Ace
Your Fox, from what I saw of the videos, still needs a lot of work. You have tons of reliance on the same few moves, don't go for the easy kills when they present themselves, and you seem to have a disturbing fear of the offstage game.

Fox is, to a degree, a bait and punish character, and you're doing neither.

Then again, I'm not the one organizing this, so it's not my call.
I may not be following the exact formula, but you're giving me a little less credit than deserved, I can still handle Fox quite well. Also, I don't follow Marth offstage because you'll get spiked by his upB, it's happened one too many times. Other characters? I follow off stage all the time, so I don't even know what you're talking about there.

Yes, I do need work, but you're just bogging down on some negatives. I highly doubt any and or all of the Fox's on the list are flawless.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
I may not be following the exact formula, but you're giving me a little less credit than deserved, I can still handle Fox quite well.
You're not following the basics, and that's what killing your game. And there is no formula to playing Fox.

Other characters? I follow off stage all the time, so I don't even know what you're talking about there.
When did you follow Peach offstage? (Also, watching that Peach kind of made me want to cry.)

Yes, I do need work, but you're just bogging down on some negatives.
I'm not bogging down, I'm pointing out where you need work.

---

Also, I watched a few videos of A6M's Fox online, and crap, he's good. Half the stuff he does shouldn't work, but he makes it.

Irsic

Smash Ace
After rewatching that Peach match, I oddly didn't follow him off, but I normally would. I guess I just didn't see any of the right angles, also, I know that player quite well and he was trying to bait me, so I stayed off. I was able to handle him on stage a lot more successfully anyway, I've had some bad experiences Fox vs. Peach.

And no, he's really know that great a Peach player, but he knows how to play.

Especially the very first time he goes offstage. He tried to get me to follow him but I knew that he would up-b at the first sign of movement.

Irsic

Smash Ace
Heh, speaking of offstage fighting. I have a pretty decent Fox vs. Ness match that I haven't uploaded yet. I end up losing though (extremely close) because I end up trying to get offstage too late and lose because I make a bad mistake. Up to that point, it's a pretty **** good match. I'll post it tomorrow.

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure, range, priority and omgwtfkilling is a good thing on wifi, but I guess that's just me.
This is true (hence why Ike is moderately more usable on WiFi), but being unable to DI properly isn't such a good thing on WiFi, when you are against Fox (or Ivysaur, but that's off topic).

Anyway, I gave up on WiFi play before I started playing DK, so I really have no idea if he is really good on WiFi or not.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
like the other slow characters DKs cooldown after moves is cut down thanks to lag/latency. from the fighting end they seem to work fine. Fox on the other hand with his need fro precision needs extreame work lol.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
These battles are going to be silly. Fox ***** DK pretty hard, and he's even better on WiFi.
Unless all the DK players are pro and completely wipe the floor with us. Possibilities.

Duo55

Smash Ace
hmmm, considering I have like one of the worst connections on the east coast... (80% of my rostered friends are red connections... some of whick live only afew hours away) this may be difficult for me... but I'll fight if the need be. GL foxes, this can be a tough match if the DK player knows the match up well, and wifi makes this worse, remember, DKs F smash can kill fox at 60% give or take in the right cercumstance.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
oh thats the same for me Duo, one of my friends just lives an hour away, but we have a bad red connection, while someone in alabama i have a yellow connection ??0.o?? most of my connections are also red lol

Top Bottom