• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Scar

#HarveyDent
I didn't "take the title for it," Pakman, Cactuar, myself and all the other people I play smash with needed to call it something, scarjumping is what we came up with and somehow it perpetuated on the boards.

Now Stage Scarring, that I took the name for.

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
I didn't "take the title for it," Pakman, Cactuar, myself and all the other people I play smash with needed to call it something, scarjumping is what we came up with and somehow it perpetuated on the boards.

What's Stage Scarring?

If you get hit by an edgeguard attack, you can only ledgetech it if it makes you fall, right?

ie. I could ledgetech a dsmash, but not a dair from a fox?

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer

Scar's original name for scarjumping was actually instant wall jumping but that wasn't cool enough so we called it scar jumping.

Before that, scar jumping referred to scar's falcon jumping off the stage and fast fall nairing to his death.... missing both hits.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
i think what separates them is matchup knowledge...even when i watch someone destroying some other player as fox..if they are not using a "correct" style to counter various things, then i consider them to be inferior...and what determines a correct style? well, obviously if you implement new things..you have to prove it in tourney against the best players in the nation; only then will others look and begin to accept that method of fighting as being correct.

So yeah, when i compare myself to pc chris..it's not just that i'm doing everything wrong or at the wrong times..i'm not even trying for the right things in the correct situations.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
well you are the LOL master
and shine uair is pretty lol

therefore you are a smash master :)

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
brawls cool if you like butthole :)

by your last statement...so that means...im a master!!! YAY

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
what is your opinion on how you are compared to the great foxes such as m2k, pc, kdj?
My response is predictable. I'm not even close imo.

Brawl/Jungle: PLEASE stop spamming the thread.

Decision-making...and using your brain while you're playing. I think thats the hardest thing to learn.

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
My response is predictable. I'm not even close imo.

Brawl/Jungle: PLEASE stop spamming the thread.

Decision-making...and using your brain while you're playing. I think thats the hardest thing to learn.

Yeah, most of the time I just play on "instincts" and don't really think which usually leads to unnecessary deaths, etc. But when that's mastered it opens a whole new level of play.

There's also instantaneous reflexes but you can't really "learn" better reflexes.

I think probably the most important is mindgames, but that takes a crazy amount of experience imo. (Something that I do not have)

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
no just walk up and shine again :) or make your wavedash longer

distance isnt altered. fox's shine is set knockback

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
no. wrong.

just make your wavedash longer...or walk up to them. waveshining across a stage is impractical unless your positive you can do it

its so much more safer to waveshine grab or waveshine usmash

also you can wd out of your shine in like 1 frame or something silly...so two wavedashes are just never good for that

Top Bottom