• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

CandyAppleBlueCherry

Smash Cadet
If you ride up the wall you can tech all his moves up til 100%+ I'm sure. At least you can tech his Fsmash, Ftilt, Dtilt, and Dair. My problem is when they do the mew2king edgeguard, hold on the ledge and jump off to Bair you ): or ledgehop a Dair spike. Basically, having to recover with the firefox SUCKS XD

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
the URL was supposed to be a link to all the posts BrawlLover has made.

I was going to elaborate about how he doesn't contribute much and goes around spamming single sentences everywhere, and how he's joined in 08 and yet is bordering 2000 posts.

Silly things like that. I mean, people go around banning Junglefever and shiet...and I'm like why?! There are worse out there.

I don't like to make conflicts. But Brawl has been coming in posting random spam after someone else posts a question or good advice. Its really, really immature.

edit: It saddened me to see that when I went back to actually investigate his posts, I was right. This is the last time I'm going to get riled up about a spammer. Buthonestly, it feels like someone is just throwing trash into a thread and not respecting it.

just ax 8head himself
oh so you just sdi down, i see i see
it's not noob, it's about the attitude!
i don't understand your question fully
i can't wait till you actually stop being a weenerhead! i've contributed more than you have in your life, trust me buddy
I already am.
the platform chase is quite devastating
yeah because canismash never gets punished, he's the best!
flick it hard and fast

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
nobody f-smashes when they edge guard really. d-tilt sometimes goes over and iono just can't tech marth's the only one i occasionally have problems with teching.

but a more common edge guard is jab, counter, and then be gay.

counter techs are ******** or random can't explain that either lol.

p.s. marth's have been b-airing off the ledge well before m2k. just as i guess you can say they've been countering but ever since those evo vids mofos been countering like it's going out of style.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
everyone loves rayn...dont we guys :)

even though in the old days he used to bash me for saying semi ******** thigns :(

CanISmash

Smash Lord
honestly i sort of wish brawl lover would stop spamming the fox boards too. he's obviously the most popular character and this is one of the more active threads left in melee and its usually up for discussing things.

i also have no idea why you care about your post count on a stupid site like this where your reputation as a player far exceeds your post count. see malvo00.

also raynex dont fall for the troll trap sons.

CandyAppleBlueCherry

Smash Cadet
lol, the Marth boards just refer to it as the m2k edgeguard (or at least used to when I went on there often). I know very well he didn't "invent" it XD

I dunno if the jab is techable, but the counter definitely is, it just requires some crazy smash DI.

Obviously if they do something that hits you off the edge you can't tech it, same thing as getting shine spiked or Fair'd by Sheik or whatever haha.

BrawlLover

Smash Champion
honestly i sort of wish brawl lover would stop spamming the fox boards too. he's obviously the most popular character and this is one of the more active threads left in melee and its usually up for discussing things.

i also have no idea why you care about your post count on a stupid site like this where your reputation as a player far exceeds your post count. see malvo00.

also raynex dont fall for the troll trap sons.
you don't really understand, maybe when you mature a little more, i'll explain to you fully, in the meantime, keep practicing and playing

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
the URL was supposed to be a link to all the posts BrawlLover has made.

I was going to elaborate about how he doesn't contribute much and goes around spamming single sentences everywhere, and how he's joined in 08 and yet is bordering 2000 posts.

Silly things like that. I mean, people go around banning Junglefever and shiet...and I'm like why?! There are worse out there.

I don't like to make conflicts. But Brawl has been coming in posting random spam after someone else posts a question or good advice. Its really, really immature.

edit: It saddened me to see that when I went back to actually investigate his posts, I was right. This is the last time I'm going to get riled up about a spammer. Buthonestly, it feels like someone is just throwing trash into a thread and not respecting it.
I've wanted to say this more or less after seeing some most of his responses, but I'll leave it at that.

Since this is a questions board, I have a question about walljump.

Let's say I'm just falling while right beside a wall, all I have to do is flick away and I should walljump, correct? (sometimes it doesn't work for me, probably due to human error or something) I have no problem when I jump directly at a wall to walljump, it's just when I'm falling right beside it.

Even if I'm on the wall for say a REALLY short amount of time, should I still be able to walljump? (ie. I'm trying to recover on FoD and while I'm using my double jump I just graze the flat side for half a second)

It seems in theory that I should be able to, but I've never been able to.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
its hard. i think i asked this before but can someone send me to the instant wall jump page again or how to do it in simple steps. button / controller step by step.

as for your wall jump question you have to be hugging the wall, in theory you can touch it for a split sec and be able to wall jump in that split sec but its like.... not really possible lol.

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
its hard. i think i asked this before but can someone send me to the instant wall jump page again or how to do it in simple steps. button / controller step by step.

as for your wall jump question you have to be hugging the wall, in theory you can touch it for a split sec and be able to wall jump in that split sec but its like.... not really possible lol.
Well when I'm hugging the wall do I have to DI into it before I walljump away?

BrawlLover

Smash Champion
no, you have to be di'ing into the stage/wall first, a good place to do this is yoshi's obviously, just hit c stick the opposite way lightly while you are hanging on the ledge and then di into the wall and then walljump, if you did it right, you should've jumped as well as having saved your jump

Alukard

Smash Hero
after marth jabs u just airdodge up and into the stage and u can get mack on ... of course marth can grab u again or sumthing but its better then falling under and up-b'ing lol

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
what brawlmasterloverlol said is called scarjumping btw.

wow lol its funny how i remember we were close in post count, but you blew me away =/

and lol at your location. sb stands for sucks balls? lol

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
what brawlmasterloverlol said is called scarjumping btw.

wow lol its funny how i remember we were close in post count, but you blew me away =/

and lol at your location. sb stands for sucks balls? lol
Yeah, scarjumping. Some fun stuff is possible with CF, but Fox? Maybe?

I mean technically you could do scarjump to bair off a ledge but that's only applicable on like YS and that's it. Thoughts?

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
lol really 2nd week? wow , scar still made it sexy tho

well you could probably bair 3 or 4 times before you recover, or up air, um you could scarjump shine turn around bair, thats pretty cool, you could get it pretty low.

try that lucky, theres your trick.

scarjump shine turn around bair

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
lol. I feel like the majority of the things I type are unread and meaningless. I should start making shorter posts.

edit: I found the perfect example of how not to post.

http://www.smashboards.com/search.php?searchid=1775123

:laugh: ive never seen so many one liners in my life.
Dude i always read long posts. you learn something from those. I just don't respond to them (what can you say? "ok cool"?)
im bored. . someone teach me something cool
if you pick dk, jump and press down a 3 frames before he lands he will burp with almost no lag

Top Bottom