• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

LuCKy

Smash Master
lucky i think you are like the ultimate person to go to when asking problems against a jiggs with fox, lol. if i have any problems i know who to ask :laugh:
i can also play against jiggs with a number of characters :laugh:

and you would have been supprised on how much info i wrote on that last post but my computer lagged so i canceld and it was really late so i was just like......uuuuggh and wrote itall fast

Oskurito

Smash Lord
He gave vague advice (and somehow ironic because I know he got owned by Mango) as almost anyone else on this forum usually does.

Anyway, I know that bp can handle it on his own if he decides to go smartly against jigg.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
He gave vague advice (and somehow ironic because I know he got owned by Mango) as almost anyone else on this forum usually does.

Anyway, I know that bp can handle it on his own if he decides to go smartly against jigg.
you make it sound as if it matters whether or not lucky gets "owned" by mango or not, they play every day, and live like 5 houses away from eachother.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
use fox son!!! for pound just back up constantly and laser and you will avoid the pound a lot easier if you are more campy and patient.if your rushing like mango explains on his vs fox part when fox rushes in your gonna run into stuff from your speed but if you learn to be patient and laser you will see a lot more opennings as for rollout.......um i cant really say jump to a platform? if fd grab the ledge and remember you have a laser for a reason and your speed is to capitalize on every single one of puff's mistakes,not to rush so hard you cant see what you rushing into witch might be your problem and learning percents on when jiggs dies means so much when they miss a rest to u smash when to u throw u air it can be fatal if you let a jiggly live after a missed rest because of dumb u throw rest or b throw to edge guard
i'll agree with this post.

Many players who have problems against certain characters forget to simply just camp and wait until you get an opportunity to punish.

A lot of the time against puff, simply just laser, and when they approach either nair + shine and repeat, or camp lasers and do Bairs between platforms.

(sorry for the double post)

Ares.

Smash Journeyman
I should abuse the power of the Fox advice/questions topic a little more.

Anyways I have some frame questions, but it may or may not be relevant.

When im dashing ( Not DD ) and I CC and Shine does the frames to CC increase for the amount of time I've dashed? And if it does, how should I measure when to shine following a CC?

Silentwolf, why didn't your tech skill video feature any shine turn around jc edge hogging?
A lot of people seem to be able to do those. I was going for long scenarios so players would stop confronting me telling me they can do everything in my video =P
*shrug*

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
upthrow upair stops working at really low % though doesn't it? like 15 or so they can jump out?

I just dthrow and techchase..i find it hardest to hit them though if they don't tech but then just DI weirdly...hard to tag the upsmash i admit on jiggs, (i'm guessing that's a 1/4 or so chance; would be 1/6 but you can sorta react and chase if they tech in various directions)..but it seems to be more consistent than upthrow upair

MTN

Smash Rookie
Ok i have a question on Double Shining. I just got it a couple of days ago. But Im wondering if there is an easier way to perform this skill. I shine, then immediatly slide my finger from the Y botton to the B while holding down.

Any Advice or am i on the right track?

dawn001

Smash Ace
Ok i have a question on Double Shining. I just got it a couple of days ago. But Im wondering if there is an easier way to perform this skill. I shine, then immediatly slide my finger from the Y botton to the B while holding down.

Any Advice or am i on the right track?
yup you are i mean there is another way but is with the control stick but that allows yo to do 2 of them but if you do it by sliding your fingers from Y to B thats the best way...

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
i just drillgrab-uthrow-uair

and also laser :laugh:
upthrow upair stops working at really low % though doesn't it? like 15 or so they can jump out?

I just dthrow and techchase..i find it hardest to hit them though if they don't tech but then just DI weirdly...hard to tag the upsmash i admit on jiggs, (i'm guessing that's a 1/4 or so chance; would be 1/6 but you can sorta react and chase if they tech in various directions)..but it seems to be more consistent than upthrow upair
Yes, maybe against the noob jigglies GOTM plays, it will work until 100+ percent, but when you play a good puff that knows how to JUMP, then it won't work.

LuCKy

Smash Master

pshhh like i said i wrote some good stuff on the key things to remember while playing jiggs but i havnt been going to sleep theese past couple of days so and when my laptop like froze i was too lazy to write it again and canceled it and just answered his lil question.

as for getting owned by mango im the only man to 4 stock his jiggs:) and i do very well on his jiggs and well jiggs in general...so well i wish there were more jiggs out there but sadley there isnt

but honstly i could probobly make like a complete guide on fighting jiggs with fox lol:)

GOTM

Smash Champion
Yes, maybe against the noob jigglies GOTM plays, it will work until 100+ percent, but when you play a good puff that knows how to JUMP, then it won't work.
lawls. i dont play any jiggs, haha. my teammate picked her up like a few weeks ago. other than that, i played cactuars jiggs today :laugh:

I recorded with Eggz for a day. I have enough for a video now lol. Don't want just him though. Keep an eye out for it =OOOOO

EDIT - On topic, I found a very easy way to do multishines. >_>
Mainly works for me with Falco though.

BC-Chris

Smash Journeyman
hey otto I'll record you at sfe or portland and post them in filefront or burn the videos there so u can set up your combo vid plus u will be playing mcs and others, so it should help with your vid k (labtop with high qual. footage) :]

Oskurito

Smash Lord
I recorded with Eggz for a day. I have enough for a video now lol. Don't want just him though. Keep an eye out for it =OOOOO

EDIT - On topic, I found a very easy way to do multishines. >_>
Mainly works for me with Falco though.
=O plz you have to tell me (us)! Im having trouble with falco's jc shines, his timing is so weird!

ANd post your combo vid here when is finished, don't mind the fox boards, w.e just post it because I know it'll be very enjoyable to watch and im sure everyone else will like to watch it.

hey otto I'll record you at sfe or portland and post them in filefront or burn the videos there so u can set up your combo vid plus u will be playing mcs and others, so it should help with your vid k (labtop with high qual. footage) :]
Sounds good. Depends if I'm going though, not up to me =P
=O plz you have to tell me (us)! Im having trouble with falco's jc shines, his timing is so weird!

ANd post your combo vid here when is finished, don't mind the fox boards, w.e just post it because I know it'll be very enjoyable to watch and im sure everyone else will like to watch it.
I'll have it in my sig, and post in the Fox board a lot lol. As for easy JC shines, it would be better if you had the timing down first. =P
I won't get into it here.

Ares.

Smash Journeyman
With ganon I like to use his strength as an opening. Such as marths Forward smash, he alot of lag even with L-cancel ( Not to much though ) So DD wait for the F/B/D/U air dash forward, dash back he does the move, and bam an opening. I know this sounds noobish, but it works.

atheist

Smash Apprentice
I think ganon leaves some opeinings just wait for the jabs and then shine to shine to uphtrow and upthrow.

EDIT
wow! i cant even remember posting the above! LOL

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Does the first part of the thunders combo (shine > wavedash > jab) always force the opponent to do the attackless get up animation (assuming there's no crouch cancel, tech, etc.) against characters that fall down from the shine?

Does the first part of the thunders combo (shine > wavedash > jab) always force the opponent to do the attackless get up animation (assuming there's no crouch cancel, tech, etc.) against characters that fall down from the shine?
After like 25% it's easy to roll out if you're holding a direction. Falco gets out at lower %s than Fox I think. Not sure which %s exactly though. =P
/not helpful

Top Bottom