• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Brookman

Smash Hero
hmm i need a strategy? im doing fine but it just that im tooo predictable...

also my bro spikes me ALOT with falco's dair, its hard to get above it when he is edgeguarding,i get stunned ALOT,he do i stop this,its killing me,i also get hit ALOT sometimes sheild give up on me, he even learned to wavedash/and chain grab without even practicing,(yeah im jealous) so now..i dont know what to do, give up??
Ok, here's what you need to do.

Full jump nair/dair over his lasers towards himm/where he is going.

l cancel shine wavedash out tap a run up and charge up smash

combo nair/bair after up smash to hit him off stage, edge guard.

Brookman

Smash Hero
I don't moonwalk, I just do a weird turn around that kind of looks like a moon walk by tilting the stick (not running) and then quickly changing direction and releasing the control stick.

it's just like wavedashing in place, but it puts you into your initial dash animation and stuffff

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
i hope some people can give me some good advice on this, but when is nair to uptilt worth doing as fox...like i'm guessing vs falco at low percentages it should be more beneficial to just grab usually...

i'm also not sure when the nair actually combos into uptilt..i'm guessing that only works when it raises the opponent up on the nair..

anyways i'm trying to find out what, if any, place it has in my game...advice would be appreciated.

also one other thing...wavelands to smashes..i feel like executing this in a fox vs falco or fox ditto seems to be very risky...wavelanding for spacing into nairs seems almost as good and a lot safer...does the waveland have any place in a space animal ditto? i can kinda see how it does in matches when the opponent can die off the top a lot easier by an upsmash..but other than that does wavelanding into smashes really work much?

Oskurito

Smash Lord
i hope some people can give me some good advice on this, but when is nair to uptilt worth doing as fox...like i'm guessing vs falco at low percentages it should be more beneficial to just grab usually...
Nair to uptilt only works when the nair juggles, mostly at 30%-40% (depends on the char). Trying to do it on lows% is risky, you will get jabed, shined, d-smashed, etc. out of it.

Aerial>grab doesn't work on falco at low% unless is uair, falco will just shine you out of it. But if the falco doesn't know that (he must suck) abuse it. Nair to uptilt works pretty well against falco at high% like 70 or so, if he pops up and doesn't DI go for it.

Waveland into w.e is fast and kinda risky imo, if you go for an smash attack (and I don't see to many uses anyway) is punishable (dash dance, wavedash backwards then dash and punish or full jump bair), dash into w.e instead.

You know what ***** space animals? thunder's combo. Master it.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Se acercan las vacas Oskurito!!!!!!!!!!!
lol yeah, my vacations start on dec 21 =)

w.e, it seems like Im getting more friends from texas... now I know side effect and roy. I usually talk to them on msn.

Also... how do I rdshl? ^^

Shök

Smash Champion
How do you know Side Effect and Roy_R, that seems pretty weird lol. Well to RDSHL, you need to know how to RSHL. The thing is that you must barely tilt the control stick the opposite way so fox can turn around before he SHDL. When you RSHL, you dont have to move the control stick so slightly.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
O yah well I know hylian, dawn, and sethlon.

Ok guys, here's me going on topik. When falco is shine comboing me, my fox sometimes is automatically recoveres after a shine and flies more upwards, know what I'm talking about? Well is it possible to make fox recover like that on purpose?

Shök

Smash Champion
O yah well I know hylian and sethlon.

Ok guys, here's me going on topik. When falco is shine comboing me, my fox sometimes is automatically recoveres after a shine and flies more upwards, know what I'm talking about? Well is it possible to make fox recover like that on purpose?
Lol .Yeah I know what you mean Brawlpro. Well I dont think Fox could recover like that. Unless you get hit or something. :confused:

dawn001

Smash Ace
Lol .Yeah I know what you mean Brawlpro. Well I dont think Fox could recover like that. Unless you get hit or something. :confused:
wait wait what do you mean like when falco shines you then intead of you flying close to the ground you fly like up there very high is that what you mean?

GOTM

Smash Champion
speaking of falcos...when they are comboing you, what is the most sane thing to do????

i get most joy out of just watching them **** me until they mess up, lol...

i cannot get out of the ****!!

dawn001

Smash Ace
speaking of falcos...when they are comboing you, what is the most sane thing to do????

well thats basicly the only way to do it, i mean unless you are fighing a good falco then there is no reason why to even DI of it cause they will still go after you DI.but if they are that good of a falco then DI!!!! my advice to you is DI no matter what and try not to get combo by falco pillards and shines and chain grab falcoand then up smash for the win is the only way to go!! :laugh:

Miharu

Smash Hero

Smash DI away from the initial dair/nair, in hopes that they'll either have gone too short or overshot their target. For the shine, try to CC or SDI down, and tech the resulting shine. Rolling after the shine (if you're still in your shield) helps as well.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
O yah well I know hylian, dawn, and sethlon.

That happens because the dair>shine didn't combo, you can nair him out of it. Dude, just shine him out of his dair, end of history.

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
So just wondering, have any of you guys ever get so frustrated in smash because you weren't making any progress that it made you want to quit?

That's how I feel about my fox and just kinda about smash in general right now. I think I'm gonna take a break from playing smash seriously and come back when brawl comes out or something, I'm just not having fun anymore :(

Miharu

Smash Hero
I feel that way sometimes, but then I just take a few moments to sit back and think about just what exactly I'm doing. Often I'll find that I've just been mindlessly play, and it's no wonder that my play would stagnate, which would be the cause of many losses.

A short break can often fix things up, though.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
goldkirby, you live like 20 minutes away from me lol, i think you're not getting better because you don't know what to do to get better, or what to work on.

we'll smash sometime.

LuCKy

Smash Master
gold kirby you play with people who play different characters? and go to tourneys? those things and playing with different people happen to make the game a lot funner for me

anyone know a couple good anime's ive watched so much latly i dont know what to watch now lol

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
golden kirby lets smash tomorrow, i'm having a smashfest.

lucky gtfo out of this thread lol.

(come over tomorrow too noob)
I would, but I have to study for finals right now, then after finals I'm going home for Christmas break. I'll stop by sometime next year if you have a smashfest in Jan. or something though.

@Lucky - you watch any Gundam 00 yet? I like that show, can't beat robots beating down on each other. :) Also, if you haven't yet, you should watch Fooly Cooly and Cowboy Bebop. Those are my 2 favs of all time. Also, most of my friends play different characters, one of them is good with Samus and Marth, and another one plays a really scrubby Falco. But I don't get to tournaments cause I'm usually busy with school.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
ok theres this guy named thinkaman here in st.louis and he uses pound approaches and roll out, and they work because we don't expect them, help me marquez, and who should I use fox or falco, because I can use them both evenly.
since mango won't help otto you help. I just need general help vs a puff. I get pound --> rested a few times too.

Rak

Smash Cadet
What's easier to learn/master? Shine turning or backwards shining? And is there any reason you generally perform one over the other, because don't they have similar results? I know certain instances you could sine turn into grab, or backwards shine into bair, but I'm talking in general...

Also, what exactly does mikehaze do to shine marth out of light shield on the edge...(where does he DI/does he JC shine)??

EchoesofAngels

Smash Rookie
Hey i've got one. My roommate was watching the M2K vs. Ken NY MLG 06 tourney, and i noticed that M2k's fox edgeguards Ken with some strategy i haven't seen before. I'd look it up again if i could but my connection on campus is awful :-/. But i remember while marth was recovering, m2k would wait on the edge with his light shield up, and then when marth made his move for the ledge he would either A) do some move i can't remember and knock him back off, or B) wait for marth to land and then immediately dsmash him back off.

I really don't remember what it looked like i just remember seeing it and it seemed to work quite well in a couple of those games. Can someone explain what he was doing, the strategy behind it? Also is this a common edgeguarding technique? B/c i've never seen it before. . .

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
If you hold light shield down by the edge and the control stick towards the edge, if the marth tries to use up-b to grab onto the ledge, his sword will usually go through the stage, hit the shield and knock you off the stage and you instantly grab the ledge. This forces the marth to get back on the stage. So M2K is just exploting is fact, and waiting for the Marth to get close enough, and he probably b-airs the marth away when Ken tries to get back on the stage.

Asian_Flava

Smash Ace
What do you do against people who CC like krazy? As in they CC after EVERY SINGLE aerial you do. My cousin plays as Samus and all he does is CC + Dsmash (90% of the time) and Nairs a lot. I hate Samus.

FoxFtw

Smash Apprentice
B) wait for marth to land and then immediately dsmash him back off.
I saw that one, he simply got up from the ledge the most basic way possible which is just gettin up and he downsmashed before Ken could shield/grab after Ken did his UpB....

What do you do against people who CC like krazy? As in they CC after EVERY SINGLE aerial you do. My cousin plays as Samus and all he does is CC + Dsmash (90% of the time) and Nairs a lot. I hate Samus.
Oh yea, my friend plays samus but he doesnt do that alot sometimes he does it with Dtilt,
Id say to try to camp with lasers until you get an opportunity to grab and follow with a combo and maybe go in with an Uair for an aerial......

you should wait till someone else says anything cause im not sure, but this should help you...

Can anyone giv me an idea on counterpicks against a peach??

GOTM

Smash Champion
if you dont miss your lcancel to a shine, a nairshine will always work, letting you nairshine>dash>usmash/grab.

other than simple shine comboes like that, i like nair>grab, or nair>usmash

laser spamming works but its boring...lol. save for tournies :laugh:

LuCKy

Smash Master
ok theres this guy named thinkaman here in st.louis and he uses pound approaches and roll out, and they work because we don't expect them, help me marquez, and who should I use fox or falco, because I can use them both evenly.
use fox son!!! for pound just back up constantly and laser and you will avoid the pound a lot easier if you are more campy and patient.if your rushing like mango explains on his vs fox part when fox rushes in your gonna run into stuff from your speed but if you learn to be patient and laser you will see a lot more opennings as for rollout.......um i cant really say jump to a platform? if fd grab the ledge and remember you have a laser for a reason and your speed is to capitalize on every single one of puff's mistakes,not to rush so hard you cant see what you rushing into witch might be your problem and learning percents on when jiggs dies means so much when they miss a rest to u smash when to u throw u air it can be fatal if you let a jiggly live after a missed rest because of dumb u throw rest or b throw to edge guard

GOTM

Smash Champion
lucky i think you are like the ultimate person to go to when asking problems against a jiggs with fox, lol. if i have any problems i know who to ask :laugh:

Top Bottom