• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
oye you

dont u realize he's just copying your posts/others posts
maybe if you just space him better in attempts to avoid getting shield grabbed.
spacing is all about not getting punished while remaining in a position to punish.
but i'm pretty bad so idk if this makes sense.

p.s. i know. we are brethren, after all.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
hehehe...ok

some people dont realize his antics

<3 brawllover.
so if you two are here for post count/spam, how do you not have enough infractions to keep a near litteral permanent ban?

p.s. nice wording, huh?

p.p.s. everything i say makes sense BTW. lol

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
well i do...i have 4 right now...but then i chill for a little bit on flame posts/obvious spam for a while...until im down to like 2 or none...then i start back up :)

he just keeps getting banned.

CommanderCody08

Smash Apprentice
When you send back a projectile with the shine does it go bak more powerfully or does it do the same amount of damage as it would have done to you? I've heard conflicting things before.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
hey cool. i thought i still had like 3 or 4 points. lol
but they're all expired now.
YAY!!!! i'm good at swf.

now if only my fox were that good... :/

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Either laser camp so that he is not worried about your shffls or two you space so that about the time the move ends you can grab or nair. If you aren't close enough to do that. Then just be near him after the move ends and it will limit his options.
While camping is the safest and most obvious option...bah I hate stupid jman/spamerer-style defensive play. Learning to get through things like that using the aggressive options Fox has to choose from is much more rewarding. PC Chris was like that, always on his opponent, not giving them any breathing room and stuff. Camping with lasers is alright but there are ways around this autocancelled nair bs that I'll explain.

maybe if you just space him better in attempts to avoid getting shield grabbed.
spacing is all about not getting punished while remaining in a position to punish.
but i'm pretty bad so idk if this makes sense.

p.s. i know. we are brethren, after all.
Spacing is somethign you should always be doing. It shouldn't be limited for use only when you are in a bad situation. There is actually a move that completely ***** Marth when he does aerials. ^_^

Dude, you HAVE to come to my tourney now.
I will. :)

Guys I play against a marth who likes to do auto canceled sh nairs whenever I approach (to intercept my shffls)
Even if I can bait it I can almost never punish it cuz it has so little lag afterwards.
Help plz. how do I counter this?
Alright Mike:

So I'm sure everyone has had a problem with Marth's stupid sword and how it beats your approaches from the front/back. When it comes to getting through this, I figured out something that works wonderfully. While playing Falcon, and watching vids, I noticed how more than half the time his raptor boost goes underneath Marth's nair/fair and stuff. I'm like hmm, Fox has something that hits relatively low and moves forward too.

Its called dash attack. If you run straight at Marth and dash attack, 85% of the time, it will cut through auto-cancelled nairs and fairs just by flat out going underneath. I'm sure some of you have done this accidentally or something. It doesn't make any sense to me, but it works wonders if your opponent tries to aim high and stuff your approaches.

Alternative aggro methods:

-Jump over the Marth and Bair

-Run in a shield the nair, then wait for the attack he does after the autocancel, like utilt/dash away or w/e. Then move out to counter-attack or usmash oos/grab if he lags with utilt. Marths love auto-cancelled stuff -> utilt.

-Space yourself when you are running in and CC the move he does after the nair with dtilt. This can only be done at relatively low percents though. Assuming he doesn't tip the utilt, you can do this in excesses of 30%.

-Run straight at him and trade nair with usmash. Either it clinks, beats, or trades (lol usmash never loses if you time it right). You'd be trading up and likely wouldn't get knocked down. At low percents you can probably get uairs. At high percents the trade would be in your favour and you would kill him. Trading is a good option sometimes, you just have to know how to choose your battles.

yea, hope that helped.

edit: tl;dr - you should've read it. : p

brickman

Smash Lord
Shine that marth's *** like there is no tomorrow. What, he has you in a grab? Struggle out of it and destroy him with a dair, shine, upsmash, nair utilt uair combo.

I don't think you should let a marth breath ever in a match, once they get a chance to breath, they get grabby, and you die.

Don't ever give them space, you should be the aggressor.

Sorry Rayn, I usually read your post, but that one was tl.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Shine that marth's *** like there is no tomorrow. What, he has you in a grab? Struggle out of it and destroy him with a dair, shine, upsmash, nair utilt uair combo.

I don't think you should let a marth breath ever in a match, once they get a chance to breath, they get grabby, and you die.

Don't ever give them space, you should be the aggressor.

Sorry Rayn, I usually read your post, but that one was tl.
I'd rather give a long detailed informative post, rather than say things like:

"don't get grabbed", "combo with nair/utilt", "laser camp".

what if they CC? What if they camp back? Its better to get descriptive rather than be useless and vague. meh, I can't expect EVERYONE to read my posts.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
lolol yeah
what kk does is good tho he writes that post then writes a post for those that tldr at the end

Falcinho

Smash Ace
Wow im stupid >.<

With Falco i love to dashattack Marths, but with Fox i never thought of doing it.

I guess it's because Fox legs seem to be too short =P

thanks rayn

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
@raynex: thanks for the help man I'll try out the dash attack thing. sounds good.
btw, do you know if usmash can work and just beat it rather then trading since fox's head is invincible during it?

a question for someone who knows alot about frame-data and stuff: is it possible to punish a sheik and/or samus ftilt through WD:ing out of shield and shining?

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Wow im stupid >.<

With Falco i love to dashattack Marths, but with Fox i never thought of doing it.

I guess it's because Fox legs seem to be too short =P

thanks rayn
yea dash attack is broken. M2k spams it vs. Ken and wins. It leads to deaths in numerous -ways.

Fox DA is sooo good (it hurts), watch M2K's Fox
qft.

@raynex: thanks for the help man I'll try out the dash attack thing. sounds good.
btw, do you know if usmash can work and just beat it rather then trading since fox's head is invincible during it?

a question for someone who knows alot about frame-data and stuff: is it possible to punish a sheik and/or samus ftilt through WD:ing out of shield and shining?
In my experience you usually get hit if you try to run in and do it. I don't think the invincibility lasts very long. Uh, nah WD->shine is waaay too slow.

-Ftilt hits

-miniscule amount of shield stun

-Ftilt retracts and lag ends as you WD out or maybe even before you WD out because its so fast

-You WD and wait for lag to subside

-You Shine

too slow i think.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I was thinking about Samus'. Honestly, why would you bother trying to punish Sheik's tilts? its SHEIK. She just throws out another one super fast and it eats your moves.

lol..

Tero.

Smash Champion
yesterday i found out that against samus you can camp way better with shl than with fj tripple laser, im having way less problems against samus now lol

(fukc, excuse my bad english lol)

FYASKO

Smash Apprentice
raynex sucks monkey baaalllsss!!!!!
lsjhsiufyiuwegfhew
!!!!!

bernie when we go to ct can you buy me a sammich?
i'll buy you a corndog if you buy me a sammich.

RAYNEX GETS 2 STOCKED BY RANDOM DOC SCRUBS.
LAWLAWLAWLAWLAWL
<3

i have too much time on my hands at 3 in the morning T.T

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I should favourite that match. It's just so exciting. You can see the sweat, tears, and intensity emanating from the players. It's the only match I've seem in a while where you feel right where the action is.

I think... I think I might just love Spamerer.

Top Bottom