• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

EWC

Smash Ace
If you wanna chaingrab, then you should go play sheik. Foxes upthrow is great because you can do pretty much anything out of it.

Shinku

Smash Champion
i got a question. if im fighting a marth with my fox and he has a stock lead on me, he camps on the ledge cuz he can easily gimp/ m2k kill my fox at low percent. how do i go against that? oh sure spam lasers but even so, they wont approach me

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
****, Raynex, I really had no idea you were that good. I don't think I deserve to post within 5 posts of you anymore.

Shinku: Watch and carefully place your drillshines. You've gotta use mindgames for this one, but basically you want your opponent to leave themselves open for either a shine or a grab.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
****, Raynex, I really had no idea you were that good. I don't think I deserve to post within 5 posts of you anymore.

Shinku: Watch and carefully place your drillshines. You've gotta use mindgames for this one, but basically you want your opponent to leave themselves open for either a shine or a grab.
lol. I live in Canada, we are weird and stuff. : D

Skinku: Laser to force him to start 'real' fighting you. If he simply refuses to approach space bair on him, or bait his utilts/grabs with stuff like running in WD back and the like. When he leaves himself open just dair->shine and you put him in a dangerous edge position. When your opponent camps the ledge like that its best to not commit to anything except edge-guarding. Don't run in with nair->shine then randomly waveshine if they block. Chances are your opponent will grab you after the shine and gimp you. Also, try to not approach from the air because of how gay his utilt is. That could lead to death too.

Just space bair so he can't CC, then shine and jump out if it misses or is blocked, that way you can't be punished and you force him to move. Alternatively, do the dair->shine thing I was talking about.

In tournament (if I was winning in the match), I'd just laser him - seeing as it is the safest option.

i got a question. if im fighting a marth with my fox and he has a stock lead on me, he camps on the ledge cuz he can easily gimp/ m2k kill my fox at low percent. how do i go against that? oh sure spam lasers but even so, they wont approach me
i'm only ok with fox against falcos
Vs. good Falcos is my worst match-up I think. T_T

Great vid, Rayn. Getting tech chased can lead to some lethal(and embarrassing) combos.
Getting tech chased and d.i.ing poorly. lol

hey rayn relax on that vid :)
I should be flaunting around rayn or shine instead. lulz

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Vs. good Falcos is my worst match-up I think. T_T
well let me rephrase that, my fox is best while playing falcos. lol
i will still get savagely beaten by anyone you've ever heard of. haha

I should be flaunting around rayn or shine instead. lulz
i fully support a combo video titled "rayn or shine"
LAWL @ fox combo videos all being shine puns. IT'S TOO GOOD!!!!

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
well let me rephrase that, my fox is best while playing falcos. lol
i will still get savagely beaten by anyone you've ever heard of. haha

i fully support a combo video titled "rayn or shine"
LAWL @ fox combo videos all being shine puns. IT'S TOO GOOD!!!!
lol but my name is raynex dammit. rayn or shine was so **** perfect. It was either that or "Its Rayning Men". >_>

off the top of my head:

Raynfall

Its Raynin' son

Let It Raaaaayn

Make it Rayn?

My name is gay.

hhaha. It's a good video, I think I've exhausted watching all fox melee vids. It's a bit ridiculous. If only I had someone to play with right now!
wifi ONLINE BRAWL! lol..

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Guys I play against a marth who likes to do auto canceled sh nairs whenever I approach (to intercept my shffls)
Even if I can bait it I can almost never punish it cuz it has so little lag afterwards.
Help plz. how do I counter this?

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
lol but my name is raynex dammit. rayn or shine was so **** perfect. It was either that or "Its Rayning Men". >_>

off the top of my head:

Raynfall

Its Raynin' son

Let It Raaaaayn

Make it Rayn?

My name is gay.

wifi ONLINE BRAWL! lol..
i think you misunderstood me. lol
i actually liked it. i wasn't being sarcastic this time. LOL
rayn or shine is the best one. haha

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Guys I play against a marth who likes to do auto canceled sh nairs whenever I approach (to intercept my shffls)
Even if I can bait it I can almost never punish it cuz it has so little lag afterwards.
1. is this a legitmate post? like... no spam? like... really?

2. i suck, but i suggest laser camping to bait for a grab. and how is that working?
if he's auto canceling nairs, he can't start the nair till after half of his short hop, right?
(i think lol) so you should see him short hopping and not short hop into it (since fox's short hop is much faster.) but i suck so idk. someone give him a real answer so i can see how stupid i am.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Either laser camp so that he is not worried about your shffls or two you space so that about the time the move ends you can grab or nair. If you aren't close enough to do that. Then just be near him after the move ends and it will limit his options.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i suck, but i suggest laser camping to bait for a grab. and how is that working?
well you described a scenario where he would counter you best approach.
so don't approach. lol
just make him do it.
when you sit and observe someone's approach, they're more than likely going to have patterns.

observe, avoid, punish.

but like i said, i'm garbage.

Top Bottom