• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

PK Webb

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbhUWjP_DnY

my match vs m2k starts at 1:15:36 i would like a critique and toph that exact fox vs sheik situation happens in my set and dj nintendo talks about it so u shud check it out and if u got any advice im all ears. most of my f throws were suppose to e u throws but idk what happened lol

V

Smash Ace
play falco u pu$$y
This is the most intellectually lacking post I've seen in a long time. Tech skill speed =/= play style speed. Besides I only want a pocket Fox that does what he excels at without investing too much practice time.

Exeggutorr

Smash Cadet
Carrol combo video is dope. To get those shine->bairs do you have to shine the from below? So many things in that video that I want know about.

:phone:

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
I think it only works if the opponent extends their hurtbox slightly past the ledge and at least level with the stage. I've definitely seen it happen when Marth is still in the recovery animation from f-smash whiffing.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
hey unknown at this part http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW71SOKzAjk#t=1m38s

when u did the shine ledgedash, that would only hit when falcos all the way at the edge edgeguarding right? i wanna start incorporating that but it seems like it hits so rarely
I'm not unknown, but yeah they have to be hella close to the ledge for it to hit. But the benefit is that, even if the shine doesn't hit, you're still hella safe cuz of the invincibility frames from the ledgedash. so it's worth going for anyway

edit: btw me and sfat be goin in

G

genkaku

If my fox moonwalks come out as these little dinky things that aren't giving my jump any distance, what am I doing wrong?

Lovage

Smash Hero
If my fox moonwalks come out as these little dinky things that aren't giving my jump any distance, what am I doing wrong?
practice with falcon first

also you should be walking before the moonwalk but everyone should know that by now

unknown522

Some guy
hey unknown at this part http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW71SOKzAjk#t=1m38s

when u did the shine ledgedash, that would only hit when falcos all the way at the edge edgeguarding right? i wanna start incorporating that but it seems like it hits so rarely
if they are close enough to get hit, of if they extend their hurtbox as chival said.

Usually if the falco misses a tilt, dash-attack, or tries to d-smash is when I go for it.

Sometimes on whiffed b-airs at the edge as well

:phone:

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
I'm gonna be sticking with this character. I got third in singles, but I had to go ganon in teams to win with pp. How do I play support fox in teams? Its so easy as ganon.

Uh fullhop bair is really good.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Just got back from SWEET X. I got 6th out of 7 in my pool (top 4 makes it out), and I recorded most of my sets for critiques. (including vs M2K) Just a heads up.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Shine > WL > custom combo from the edge works mainly on whiffed ground moves that were meant to cover the illusion (or up+B) sweetspot but missed. Think something like Sheik d-tilt, Fox d-smash, Falco d-smash, Ganon d-tilt, Marth f-smash, and so forth. They could also just have a leg hanging over the edge as a part of bad positioning or something (happens to me a lot vs Unknown when I can't decide what edgeguard is appropriate and I hesitate). This is more of a liability for characters who have a wider 'base' hurtbox near the ground. For Puff and co. this is just a byproduct of being a giant spherical blob. For humanoids, this is apparent mainly when the character leans one leg forward a lot as a part of their standing animation (Sheik, Falcon, Marth). For practical purposes, this means I wish Sheik kept her dress on -_-

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Well, KK, as far as practicality goes, I don't think starting a combo from a ledge-shine to waveland is a scenario that occurs frequently enough to carry weight in particular matchups for characters who might happen to have moves that require them to extend their hurtboxes.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Well, KK, as far as practicality goes, I don't think starting a combo from a ledge-shine to waveland is a scenario that occurs frequently enough to carry weight in particular matchups for characters who might happen to have moves that require them to extend their hurtboxes.
I just want Sheik in a dress.

G

genkaku

You're jumping at the wrong time
that might be it. will check.
my falcon etc. ones are fine, I'm just having trouble with spacies.
also, is walking first really better than wavedashing? Because they appear to have the same effect to me.

Top Bottom