• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

voorhese

Smash Master
does it involve ledge canceling the ledge?

cuz with falco ive been workin on ledgehop double laser (ledge cancel it) and do it again

EWC

Smash Ace
Wait, do people not know about ledge hop bair regrab with fox? I thought that it was at least moderately common knowledge. The timing is quite hard, but it's definitely doable. You can also do ledgehop uair regrab.

Brookman

Smash Hero
honestly, its not like placing a back air that high is going to commonly be beneficial. being able to do it is one thing but i dont really believe it has tremendous application.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
honestly, its not like placing a back air that high is going to commonly be beneficial. being able to do it is one thing but i dont really believe it has tremendous application.
whaaa? bair regrab is amazing, it's a multiple option strat which is unexpected. imagine a fox/falco recovering with up-b, guess which direction they choose with a bair, if it connects that's a stock, if not, then re-grab which covers the most expected option of upb into the ledge, and if they don't then you should have time to followup since your just waiting on the ledge. this could easily apply to falcon also

Tomacawk

Smash Master
yeah that would be PERFECT for ledge guarding falcons. I didn't even know this was possible. Time to learn it :D

PK Webb

Smash Champion
@ mid percent say 50 to 65 on falco/fox/falcon, up throw -> they land on platform-> nair............after that nair does fox really have any options to combo???? because most likely the nair will knock them outta range of anything......just wondering....trying some new stuff besides uair

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I REALLY like dair to grab for platform chasing at mid percents. Nair won't combo unless they DI in and you're really fast. Uair will combo into one more uair or a bair/nair. if they DI towards a higher platform on the uair you can grab them and uthrow usmash (on yoshi's you can get EARLY kills like this by charging your usmash)
rather than nair, if you running full hop fast fall bair and hit them towards the direction you're running you can get a combo out of it

PK Webb

Smash Champion
I REALLY like dair to grab for platform chasing at mid percents. Nair won't combo unless they DI in and you're really fast. Uair will combo into one more uair or a bair/nair. if they DI towards a higher platform on the uair you can grab them and uthrow usmash (on yoshi's you can get EARLY kills like this by charging your usmash)
rather than nair, if you running full hop fast fall bair and hit them towards the direction you're running you can get a combo out of it
toma could u go to http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=286949
im confused...i hear dair is way worse than uair because of sdi.........cuz on a platform cant they sdi the dair and slide off the side of the platform?

Lovage

Smash Hero
wtfs going on here!!!!!

i guess bair regrab is ok
its just as useless as shine bair

its a million times more risky and like 0.0001% faster than just bairing (with a fastfall) and then wavedashing back to the edge

against spacies firefox and falcon you don't have to guess which way they recover you can just react and ledgehop bair and land on the stage.

as for platform combos at low %

i think dair is only good at like under 10%. if you try to uair under 10% you might not be able to connect with an usmash after, if you drill and then grab, you can usmash much easier cuz they're at higher percent. anytime besides that though, uair is the best for punishing missed tech on platform.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
toma could u go to http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=286949
im confused...i hear dair is way worse than uair because of sdi.........cuz on a platform cant they sdi the dair and slide off the side of the platform?
what happens if they think they are gonna get hit by a dair but then you hit them with a bair? well what if they think they are gonna get hit by a bair but you dair? If they dont expect it you can get away with it....

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
dair on platforms is better from like a nair combo than from an uthrow onto platform. cuz dair after uthrow on platform is relatively standard and easy to see coming

a good example of this is that one set at R3 with Lucky vs Zhu's Marth

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
so this isn't really related to fox in any particular way, but i was playing fox when it happened and i dont want to start a thread in melee discussion because nothing gets accomplished there and smart people frequent this thread.

i was playing fox against my friend's CF today. i had missed a tech on a platform (i dont know if that's germane or not), and he stomped me. i fell through the platform and landed on the ground instead of getting popped up.

I couldn't repeat this, although we only tried like once because who cares, but what happen? My guess is that I SDI'd it down and my body went far enough through the platform that the like 'be on platform' flag or whatever bull**** wasn't triggered anymore, so my downward momentum actually sent me down instead of upwards. am i correct about this?

ASDI was not sufficient to produce the same result (bc thats way easier to test).

Brookman

Smash Hero
I may be wrong, as I know i've brought this up before in regard to grabbing fox/falco off a missed tech. I think there are frames where you're bouncing and are in the air. that's all i can imagine.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
I may be wrong, as I know i've brought this up before in regard to grabbing fox/falco off a missed tech. I think there are frames where you're bouncing and are in the air. that's all i can imagine.
if that were the case, wouldn't i have fallen down the like 2 pixels and landed on the platform? what happened was i fell all thew ay through the platform to the bottom part of the stage.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
my previous critique post has been buried so here's the only two singles sets I got recorded:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29oDrL9AfM4 1$ Moneymatch with Vro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwVUeV1VHvc Pools match with Reneblade

I feel as if I played poorly against Reneblade--I have cannabis johns
Still want a few words of wisdom? It feels like Unknown advised the hell out of this ****. Who critiques at every possible second? lol what a monster :laugh:

Im have trouble getting out of falco's combos. can anyone help me? My vids

GF: Sinji vs Cross 1-3http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ELq52LCeKE

GF: Sinji vs Cross 4-5http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrxWP0Wt8eM&feature=related
Pro tip: If you're having troubles getting out of Falco's combos as Fox, don't go back to FD.

It didn't seem like you were in control match 1, so i couldn't believe it when you went back to FD. Just CP somewhere else, where the Falco has to work to complete combos. FD is automatic follow-ups for him. Keep entering tournies and building up your smash resume. I saw lots of simple mistakes that plain old experience can remedy. D.i. away from shines, d.i. away from nairs, CG on FD, uthrow -> usmash or regrab (not utilt like you were doing everytime), etc etc etc

You got this man

Looks like a job for AR. Somebody turn the Magus symbol on, please.
pretty sure you just did

4 Aces

Smash Ace
So I roundhouse kicked Samus's fully Charged Shot and canceled it out. Am I a balla?

All jokes aside, what happened?

unknown522

Some guy
yeah, a lot of crap stop the charge shot. If it does about over half the damage of the beam, then the move will cancel it. It's really funny to knee through the charge beam.

oh, and sheik's needles.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
****, I just got owned by the internet. T-T I used to always assumed that only projectiles and maybe disjointed hitboxes could clank it.

Were you really close to Samus when it happened? Or was it just a regular clank?
Just a regular clank. What would've happened if I was really close to Samus?

earla

Smash Lord
i see some foxes run off shine near the edge and it glides them off the edge a small distance.

what is the purpose of this shine glide(i dont know the actual name) ?

does the shine hitbox extend throughout that small glide distance?

thanks

Top Bottom