• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
it needs a name eh.
and i can do it somewhat consistently. its awkward to setup though.

i have always wondered about its applications with falco. lets say someone is on the edge holding their shield and you shine them, shine makes them tumble off stage, you jump-fall(needs name) to dair them.

think it could work?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
The jump itself is canceled by the edge. So its like an edge jump cancel or something.

So I think either

Shine jump-less nair or shine edgecancel nair.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i dont even understand what it is

let me see if i get this, you're shining right at the edge and jumping to cancel the shine, but being on the edge somehow cancels the jump, then you aerial? is that right?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
You cancel the shine but b4 the jump comes out you fall off the stage and you just run off and you can aerial.

Let me find the video for you hold up, I asked this question some time ago somewhere.

Edit: found em-

I think the shine hog is the fastest way to grab edge as well. Cuz edge canceling your jump is faster than WDing.
Double edit-this one has a bit of a tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JAXjd3_9Xg&feature=related

The jump itself is canceled by the edge. So its like an edge jump cancel or something.

So I think either

Shine jump-less nair or shine edgecancel nair.

shine jump-less nair doesnt describe it well at all and shine edge cancel nair sounds just like doing a shine, jumping and edge canceling a nair. the easiest way to accurately describe it would be shine ledge jump cancel (nair) or sljc. definitely shouldnt be called shinehog, you dont have to grab the ledge afterward.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I can see some confusion between shine edge cancel nair, but to be honest I dont know why you would link those. (see below for "those")

shine edge-cancel nair is diff than shine to empty jump ledge cancelled nair. Who ledge cancels an empty jump and tries to name it(fluxwolf probably) lol beboop *****!

So we are actually naming the ledge jump cancel technique not the whole thing.
[or else it has to be shine jump ledge cancel (sjlc) because the ledge cancel is the last thing you do]

sljc-nair
sljc-uair
sljc-fair
sljc-dair
sljc-hog
sljc-shine

Im bout to try sljc-bair/nair into shine or shine bair/nair

actually-I think ljc-rev.confusion might be what I was trying to do.

no, it should be (shine) ledge jump cancel, because "ledge" serves as the variation of the jump cancel. if it were (shine) ledge cancel jump it would sound too much like a variation of ledge canceling and not jump canceling. assuming i read your confusing post right.

edit: lol you dont do a ledge cancel

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I see what you are saying. I was only thinking that because of ledge canceled jumps. I worked my way up from there. But in simplest terms its Shine ledge jump cancel.

ledge cancel jump canceled shine-bair anyone?

Then ledge canceled jumps is a different technique.

Edit: You ledge cancel the jump animation by going into the falling motion-or teeter but idk if you can stop it at a teeter.

I see what you are saying. I was only thinking that because of ledge canceled jumps. I worked my way up from there. But in simplest terms its Shine ledge jump cancel.

ledge cancel jump canceled shine-bair anyone?

Then ledge canceled jumps is a different technique.

Edit: You ledge cancel the jump animation by going into the falling motion-or teeter but idk if you can stop it at a teeter.
whats a ledge canceled jump canceled shine bair? you mean a ledge jump canceled jc shine bair? you just agreed with me and then suggested a technique incorporating it with a different name lol

stop what at a teeter, the jump? if you stop before leaving the ledge youll just jump and it wont be canceled.

EDIT: go back to the mewtwo boards

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
How is shine ledge cancelled jump a different tech? i think it sounds better than shine ledge jump cancel.

slcj.... sljc

it should just be called... A... Shine ledge fall aerial (hog,shine)... Or something

How is shine ledge cancelled jump a different tech? i think it sounds better than shine ledge jump cancel.

slcj.... sljc

it should just be called... A... Shine ledge fall aerial (hog,shine)... Or something
Shine ledge canceled jump sounds like you would just be doing a shine, then jumping out of it and doing a ledge cancel. A ledge cancel is when you use the ledge to cancel the remaining lag of a move. youre not doing a ledge cancel when you do a shine edge jump cancel, youre canceling your jump using the ledge, hence jump cancel, not ledge cancel in the phrase.

as for shine ledge fall (aerial), that would as accurately describe it, and doesnt really sound better anyway lol.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
whats a ledge canceled jump canceled shine bair? you mean a ledge jump canceled jc shine bair? you just agreed with me and then suggested a technique incorporating it with a different name lol

stop what at a teeter, the jump? if you stop before leaving the ledge youll just jump and it wont be canceled.

EDIT: go back to the mewtwo boards
Ledge canceled jump canceled shine-bair= A [Ledge canceled][jumpcancel shine] directly into a bair. I was making a subtle joke, I said that Ledge jump cancel shine was the simplest form, this is expanded.

I am unsure as to whether or not you can cancel the start of your jump with the teeter animation. So if you were to run and hit jump just b4 the edge and stop right on the edge would you teeter in place of the jump.
Shine ledge canceled jump sounds like you would just be doing a shine, then jumping out of it and doing a ledge cancel. A ledge cancel is when you use the ledge to cancel the remaining lag of a move. youre not doing a ledge cancel when you do a shine edge jump cancel, youre canceling your jump using the ledge, hence jump cancel, not ledge cancel in the phrase.

as for shine ledge fall (aerial), that would as accurately describe it, and doesnt really sound better anyway lol.
Shine ledge cancel jump sounds like you shine and your jump gets ledge canceled, in which it does. I actually dont like it as much anymore because it doesnt explain the jc shine part very well. But its correct.

You are literally canceling the remaining frames of lag(frame commitment) on the ledge. How is that not a ledge cancel. Just because you do it early doesnt change anything.

You cancel the remaining frames of your jump with the edge of the stage. Just like a ledge cancelED nair refers to a nair that was ledge cancelED. So ledge canceled jump refers to a jump that was ledge canceled.

In simpler terms tho, you are in fact ledge canceling(the jump from) a jump canceled shine. thats why its technically ledge cancelEd-jump canceled shine. But that means that running to the edge and pressing x/y, and falling off b4 you start going up is a ledge canceled jump.

thats a ledge cancel tho.

a jump cancel is when you cancel a run or shine with the jump.

you literally cancel the rest of the lag (frame commitment) b4 the jump happens. so I don't get why its not a ledge cancel or ledge canceled jump.
you dont get it because you dont know what a jump cancel is. neither of those is a jump cancel. a jump cancel is when you cancel your jump, not use your jump to cancel something.

heres some examples:

jump canceled shine - when you cancel your jump animation with a shine (jump, 3 frames later shine, right before you leave the ground thus canceling your jump)

jump canceled grab - when you jump and cancel it with a grab

same for up smash

LOL dont try and edit your post, its right here =P

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
you dont get it because you dont know what a jump cancel is. neither of those is a jump cancel. a jump cancel is when you cancel your jump, not use your jump to cancel something.

heres some examples:

jump canceled shine - when you cancel your jump animation with a shine (jump, 3 frames later shine, right before you leave the ground thus canceling your jump)

jump canceled grab - when you jump and cancel it with a grab

same for up smash

LOL dont try and edit your post, its right here =P
Lol, You only knew I was editing because It said editing lol.-which it is finished now lol

but thats my mistake. I thought a jump cancel was when you canceled something with a jump, like jump cancel shines. or jump cancel grabs. which would be consistent with terminology like ledge cancel, where you cancel something with the ledge.

I was under the impression that you canceled your run with a jump and not canceled the jump with say an upsmash

Edit:nvm I dont think what you said makes sense. shining oos is then a jump canceled shine(ideally).

and then when you shine and press jump....you are doing what? not jump canceling? If its the way you say then you have to jump and then shine to do a jc shine. Is that correct?

Ledge canceled jump canceled shine-bair= A [Ledge canceled][jumpcancel shine] directly into a bair. I was making a subtle joke, I said that Ledge jump cancel shine was the simplest form, this is expanded.

I am unsure as to whether or not you can cancel the start of your jump with the teeter animation. So if you were to run and hit jump just b4 the edge and stop right on the edge would you teeter in place of the jump.

using a condensed version of what you call it redefines what you are doing and actually makes it not make sense, youre not doing a ledge cancel.

i already answered that. you would just jump obviously. you didnt slide off the ledge during your jump which is what cancels it.

Shine ledge cancel jump sounds like you shine and your jump gets ledge canceled, in which it does. I actually dont like it as much anymore because it doesnt explain the jc shine part very well. But its correct.

You are literally canceling the remaining frames of lag(frame commitment) on the ledge. How is that not a ledge cancel. Just because you do it early doesnt change anything.

You cancel the remaining frames of your jump with the edge of the stage. Just like a ledge cancelED nair refers to a nair that was ledge cancelED. So ledge canceled jump refers to a jump that was ledge canceled.

In simpler terms tho, you are in fact ledge canceling(the jump from) a jump canceled shine. thats why its technically ledge cancelEd-jump canceled shine. But that means that running to the edge and pressing x/y, and falling off b4 you start going up is a ledge canceled jump.
you arent doing a ledge cancel, youre jump canceling. is that so hard to understand? do you still not understand what a jump cancel is?

sure it could fit the definition i gave, but thats not what everyone knows a ledge cancel to be, and it more accurately fits as a jump cancel. im going for what is most accurate, not what sounds best or whatever youre trying to do. look: the main thing you are doing here is a jump cancel, and youre utilizing the ledge to do so, hence ledge jump cancel.

and then when you shine and press jump....you are doing what? not jump canceling? If its the way you say then you have to jump and then shine to do a jc shine.
youre just canceling your shine by jumping. you do have to jump and shine to do a jc shine lol.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I feel it otto.

for the record I agreed with ledge jump cancel shine along time ago, but was only confused on a jc I suppose.

lol why is jumping out of shine not named lol, can we name that **** too? I assumed that is what was named because its much more common lol.

Lol count=4

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
i have to clear things up. if i walk away hell just think hes right. things only get big like this because klines a *******.
I actually didnt understand why it wasnt a ledge cancel. I had already agreed to the name you chose. I actually preferred that you explained it to me. It wasnt my intention to try to prove you wrong it was that I didnt understand why you kept saying there werent any ledge cancels.

ur a bunch of stars sometimes too dude.

@Kanelol-he said *******

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
******* stars out? doesn't ******* as well?

also can we just make up a name? shine ledge jump cancel or whatever is too many words and is too confusing. just make up some random name or name it after a player.

edit: yes. b4stard stars out.

******* stars out? doesn't ******* as well?

also can we just make up a name? shine ledge jump cancel or whatever is too many words and is too confusing. just make up some random name or name it after a player.

edit: yes. b4stard stars out.
sljc .

JPOBS

Smash Hero
ok so shine ledge jump cancel makes the most sense thats what we call it.

SW, there better be some ridiculous sljc shenanigans in your next vid. Like sljc->shine firebird stalls and junk like that.

make it happen.

ok so shine ledge jump cancel makes the most sense thats what we call it.

SW, there better be some ridiculous sljc shenanigans in your next vid. Like sljc->shine firebird stalls and junk like that.

make it happen.
well see. those were in active artwork btw. i guess nobody really did notice them though. watch it again and watch the yoshis clip.

EDIT: theyre a lot harder with falco too lol. doing them with fox from a regular dash is easy.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
well see. those were in active artwork btw. i guess nobody really did notice them though. watch it again and watch the yoshis clip.

EDIT: theyre a lot harder with falco too lol. doing them with fox from a regular dash is easy.
True story.

Do you know what frame foxs jump (leaves the ground) starts on?

JPOBS

Smash Hero
they are in active artwork? **** i didnt even notice. :/ will watch again

and yea i just tried it, its so stupid hard lol

Top Bottom