• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

charcoal_

Smash Rookie
I thought I read somewhere that if you have momentum (i.e. dashing before the shine) it's way easier to shine upsmash
if u have momentum and u run at the cfalcon/whoever, u have more leeway in your WD to reach them i think. it doesn't have to be that long/clean/good.
sometimes i overshoot the wavedash when running at them and hit them with the weak part of the usmash though

joeplicate

Smash Master
if you grab falcon at like 7% or something and he doesn't DI you can do a standing shine upsmash

it's flashy but it can happen

(throwin that out there)

Tomacawk

Smash Master
if you grab falcon at like 7% or something and he doesn't DI you can do a standing shine upsmash

it's flashy but it can happen

(throwin that out there)
you can do it at 0% too. shine comes out in time to hit him and it has set knockback so % doesn't matter
shine usmash is pretty much my go combo out of uthrow on falcon when they don't DI at really low %s now. it looks really ******, is effective, and it's more reliable to me than uthrow utilt, uthrow waveshine, or uthrow jab because all of these things can be buffer rolled out of

johnburlap

Smash Rookie
alright im fighting link and once i get up to him i pwn but he as a projectile assult i can't seem to beat. he starts with a boomerang then he pulls out his bomb and walks forward. i cant reflect the bommerag because it still hurts on the way back so no rushes then he jumps once and tosses the bomb if i reflect it bounces onto me and if i shield he grabs me. If i try to jump over the boomerang he ditches the bomb and shield grabs me. i can't jump over him and if i land infront the bommerang gets me if i go to block the boomerang i get grabed i cant retreat cuz the stage ends " on final destination"

Any ideas help!

JPOBS

Smash Hero
if you're having trouble playing keep away then play to your strengths.

rush the link down constantly and keep the pressure on. pulling projectiles are slow flor link so stay in his face and pwn him

Turazrok

Smash Master
I think I saw PC do a standing Shine JC usmash once. Out of some crazy combo but still.

Also. Shoot more lasers to beat link,

johnburlap

Smash Rookie
its more of a matter of getting to him without gettin lost.... not as fun but i spose ill jus shl the balls out of him

Tomacawk

Smash Master
besides this falcon scenario, how often can you do shine-upsmash without momentum?
The only time I ever shine usmash is on falcon or when I'm doing a running usmash and want the extra % because I think it's the difference between a kill
so to answer "how often", I will have to say never. However this means very little because as I said I never attempt it to begin with.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I think you can u-throw shine upsmash space animals
space animals fall behind you naturally (without DI) when you do that so the only ways to do it is to turn in your shine and then usmash (which I think cannot be done fast enough, can someone verify this?) or to move a little, turn, and then shine jc usmash them, which I'm pretty sure you don't have enough time to do

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
space animals fall behind you naturally (without DI) when you do that so the only ways to do it is to turn in your shine and then usmash (which I think cannot be done fast enough, can someone verify this?) or to move a little, turn, and then shine jc usmash them, which I'm pretty sure you don't have enough time to do
that little run away method works if you do the upthrow at high enough percent... if you guys meant at 0, i doubt it can be done without some wack DI

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Is Reverse Aerial Rush a good tactic with Fox?
If you're talking about the similarly named brawl tactic wherein you can SH in one direction then turn around once in the air, then no. It doesn't exist in melee.

If you're talking about using bair over and over again, then yes, bair is an amazing move.

A word of advice though. The more you limit yourself to one "tactic" in melee, the more the other areas of your personal game will suffer. React to the situation and use what moves you think can apply and benefit you in the long run. Fox's strength primarily lies in his ability to outmaneuver his opponent, and stack damage at an alarming rate. (The latter isn't a focal point of Fox's game; he has the tools to kill an opponent at literally any given percent)

In my experience, its become clear that Fox is better attacking from the front - and bair spacing should only be used if your opponent shows you their competence in a match-up Fox has slight difficulty with. (i.e.: MUs where Fox needs to camp to win) Samus, Peach, Jiggs, etc

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
ohai foxys whats that one thing called where you run to the edge of a stage and shine then jump, but your on the edge and instead of jumping you just fall off the side of the stage and can bair, dair what ever you want. its super sexy

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Raynex are you going to APEX? If you are, I would very much like to record a moneymatch with you. (Maybe multiple moneymatches?)

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
im not talking about waveshining off the edge. you litterally just run at the edge, shine, jump, if you have the right timing you will fall. then you can do an aerial. assuming your shine hits them offstage.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
shine turnaround wavedash edgehog?
nah, he's talking about the thing where your in shine, turn around and as you pass the ledge, if you try and jump you'll just fall straight down. i don't know if theres an official name for it. but it looks mad hot, i hit fluxwolf with a shine bair doing this once :laugh:

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I can do it with nair and u air consistently.

you can practice by running off and jump nair. you fall if done right.

your jump gets canceled by you sliding off the edge. so you jump running shine, and time it so you fall off before your jump starts..

you need to jump with in like 4 frames of falling off the edge.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
nice. i turned around when i did mine on fluxwolf
thats raaaape.

I can do it with nair and u air consistently.

you can practice by running off and jump nair. you fall if done right.

your jump gets canceled by you sliding off the edge. so you jump running shine, and time it so you fall off before your jump starts..

you need to jump with in like 4 frames of falling off the edge.

ya what he said.

Top Bottom