• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fourth and final community vote about Meta Knight.

Should Meta Knight be banned from competitive Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
If this discussion goes on for much longer im going to switch sides and troll...

*and many wont notice because they cant read*

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
THE TO'S ALWAYS DECIDE IF THEY BAN MK AT THEIR TOURNAMENTS.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Hard ban, soft ban... But no one has mentioned Jagged ban!

... Whatever that is.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Shut up Falcon. Most Snake's i've spoken to admit that Snake's recovery is both predictable and punishable. Hence poor. Its as predictable as D3s, but without the invlunerability on the way up.

D3 might have some trouble closing the gap, but once he does and lands that first grab all it takes is a couple rounds of predict and punish with snakes recovery to make up whatever damage he took closing it.

I'm not saying D3 >>>>> Snake, just D3 > Snake. I'd call it 60/40.
Now, if your talking about OFF stage, i do believe D3 definitely does better when it comes to off stage edge guarding. However, most snakes would do well to avoid having to recover low for obvious reasons. And most try their best not to. There are situations where D3 can pummel release snake down and off the stage which is where he can get a good kill on snake in that type of situation. But to come to such a situation, against a good snake ON the platform will be challenging since Snake's ground game and camping game are better than DDD's

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Doesn't PR have very few MKs in their power rankings?

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
this coming from someone in cali....who has the most MKs in the reigion
ITS A TRAP I TELL YA!!!
I wanna go to a big tourney at America(land?)!!! Next summer I'm definitely going along with Excel_Zero and other PR players, mark my words. D:

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
this coming from someone in cali....who has the most MKs in the reigion
ITS A TRAP I TELL YA!!!
And yet we don't ***** about them. We don't make **** up like it's the reason people quit and stuff, if you are a mid level player, you're going to lose, who the **** cares if it's to 2 MK's or 1 Diddy and 1 Snake, or 2 Snakes or 2 Diddys, seriously.

etecoon

Smash Hero
And yet we don't ***** about them. We don't make **** up like it's the reason people quit and stuff, if you are a mid level player, you're going to lose, who the **** cares if it's to 2 MK's or 1 Diddy and 1 Snake, or 2 Snakes or 2 Diddys, seriously.
cali doesn't ***** about MK? lolol

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Doesn't PR have very few MKs in their power rankings?
2 MK mains, one of which always wins the tourneys he attends, the other one lives near me and we play all the time (also takes #3 in local tourneys more often than he doesn't)... And a retired MK main who no one could beat, according to everyone who was there when he was still playing.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
What I will say, is that there is one valid reason to choose a character besides MK...

MK cant 100% guarantee a kill just by connecting with one grab

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
God the horrible points in this thread are too much for me.
So few of you look at the big picture.

*unsubscribes from thread*

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Also, Mk isn't always the best choice for a certain match up.

Oh no facts, how scary.
Why learn different characters for different matchups, when we can learn MK for all matchups?

Oh no playing with facts, scarier.

Tianxiazhai

Smash Journeyman
Ive been reading a couple hundred pages, and I see that the anti-ban supporters are taking apart specifics from the pro-ban argument and defending them. The problem is that these specific things dont warrant MK a ban, the combination of all the things he has are what makes the pro-ban call him broken, I believe. Just my 2000$

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Why learn different characters for different matchups, when we can learn MK for all matchups?

You don't.

You have a main, and one secondary that covers your mains bad match-ups to the best. That might be MK, it might not be (and probably won't be).

But seeing as how the character counterpick system is hardly used at high levels of play, it really doesn't matter.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Hey Kewkky, why not learn to play your ****ing character? Seriously, he's not God, it's the mid/low level players fault for not getting the match up even though it's even or a slight advantage.

Sirami

Smash Cadet
Ive been reading a couple hundred pages, and I see that the anti-ban supporters are taking apart specifics from the pro-ban argument and defending them. The problem is that these specific things dont warrant MK a ban, the combination of all the things he has are what makes the pro-ban call him broken, I believe. Just my 2000$
The combination of all those things leads to around a 20% win ratio in tournaments. 20% is good, but that's about where Eddie sits in GGAC. Didn't Fox also have about that win ratio in Melee?

I still think he's good, but not broken. I have a hard time dealing with MK players, but I don't feel that he's broken.

He's easy as **** to chaingrab with, well, anybody that has chaingrabs. Even in a bad matchup, like G&W vs MK, you can stall almost as good as he can, and if you force a good position (G&W under MK for example) you can take the match. Is it annoying? Yes. Is it hard? Yes. Is he broken? Nah. Not without IDC.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
Mk is not at all far from any of the characters.. Come on now fow beat tyrant & M2k & these are the best meta knights in the nation.. PEOPLE NOT TO MENTION THIS KID USED A CHARACTER CALLED NESS WHICH ALL META KNIGHT HAS TO DO IS DOWN AIR HIM OR FLOAT OVER HIS UP B RECOVER.. Come on people it takes serious skill to beat top characters with mid level or low tiers.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
2 MK mains, one of which always wins the tourneys he attends, the other one lives near me and we play all the time (also takes #3 in local tourneys more often than he doesn't)... And a retired MK main who no one could beat, according to everyone who was there when he was still playing.
& who is that??
If nobody could beat him his name would be known

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
That what i basically said a few days ago on this thread. plus when the hell 4chan raided this website.
/v/ raided the place like 3 times. I'm sure it's on Encyclopedia Dramatica somewhere, but I'm not sure where.

"The Internet, tired of Dylan's ***gotry, decided to go forth and troll failed attempts of witty banter and TOTALLY CORRECT ASSERTIONS out of the pursuit of lulz. On June 26th, 2007, Anonymous paid a visit to SmashBoards.com, making it crash for a brief period. Dylanpasta, Mudkips, and Zippocat were all featured. When interviewed, one poster had this to say. "

Smash Master

Quoted for emphasis. Seriously, can anyone answer this or are we going to continue to cover our ears and sing?

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
To ban, or not to ban?

If I weigh up all the facts piled up so far and add my own opinion to the mix, I would have to say ban Meta Knight. I haven't had the fortune of ever going to a tournament, and according to some posts very early on in the thread videos are no substitute for experience, but the fact that MK just has so many different options for offence, defence and stalling in his metagame as well as his overall strengths like transcending priority mean I'm going to stick with this decision.

I'm only hoping there won't be TOO much of a fuss if MK is banned after all...

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Quoted for emphasis. Seriously, can anyone answer this or are we going to continue to cover our ears and sing?
You don't.

You have a main, and one secondary that covers your mains bad match-ups to the best. That might be MK, it might not be (and probably won't be).

But seeing as how the character counterpick system is hardly used at high levels of play, it really doesn't matter.
Thanks for reading two posts under what you just quoted.

Edit: Also, as far as learning MK for all even match-ups goes, you still have to actually learn said match-ups just as much as someone with a main/secondary does, maybe even more so as that every character board knows the MK match-up pretty well, while a lot of people don't have an inkling of their Yoshi, PT, Lucas, Samus, Zelda, or other low-tier match-ups are.

You aren't going to get anywhere without learning the actual match-ups in the first place.

fkacyan

Smash Hero

I'm pretty sure you can learn Jiggs for almost every matchup in Melee, and then Fox for others. Pikachu dominates the cast in 64. Chun / Yun dominate SF, etc. There is always a character that is extremely good against every other character, and it'll always be that way. However, none of the characters listed above are unbeatable, and the same has been proven with MK. All it takes to prove that a character isn't broken is for him to be beaten at high levels of play, and he has.

Stop using this argument and find one that works.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Pretty much every S tier in every fighting game can't truly be counterpicked to death. The same goes for Brawl.

Smash players are such babies. It's why nobody can actually turn Smash into a business like every other game is. It's why MLG won't take our game seriously. We suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom