• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fourth and final community vote about Meta Knight.

Should Meta Knight be banned from competitive Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xerit

Smash Apprentice
What paragraph are you reading where I said he's a lightweight. I'm talking about Snake, not D3, stop being a fool.

lol@etecoon. lol actually in competitive gameplay you need to know your **** to beat certain characters HERP DERP.
You said Snake lives to 200%+, and said it as if it was an advantage D3 doesn't share.

Also I haven't seen anything i'd call a paragraph out of you in a while. Plenty of insults and one liners though.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Why does it take me to Inui's post when I refresh the page?

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
@Xerit

No, I didn't, I didn't even kinda infer it, I never brought up D3, you did, get off my nuts.

D3 is far easier to gimp. I know that Kirby **** sure has an easier time gimping D3 than Snake, and since MK is like Kirby with better range, you can see how that works out. He COULD live past 200% but his recovery doesn't allow him to.

@sasukebowser

Because your avatar is silly

BBQTV

Smash Master
[Falconv1]What paragraph are you reading where I said he's a lightweight. I'm talking about Snake, not D3, stop being a fool.

I pity the fool!!!!!

Xerit

Smash Apprentice
Shut up Xerit, most good Snakes think you're silly. Have you not seen how ****ing far up he goes? And he lives to like 200 ****ing percent. Who the hell cares if you can punish it if he still gets back and STILL outlives you.
See bolded.

I'm assuming you brought those points up because you felt it was some kind of advantage he has over D3 (otherwise why bring them up in a d3 vs snake argument?).

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
But why play Snake or DDD when you can just pick MetaKnight?

etecoon

Smash Hero
lol@etecoon. lol actually in competitive gameplay you need to know your **** to beat certain characters HERP DERP.
obviously it helps but you can't assume that your opponent has inferior knowledge/experience, if we took into account how good most players of a character were we wouldn't be discussing a ban <_<(and I do believe that this differential in experience is a lot of the reason why some diddy/wario/bowser/whoever players think they go even with MK)

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Why ask silly questions when you could be asking good ones

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Why have a reason to answer a half decent question with a half decent answer!?

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
All of these questions only prove that this thread has gone on too long and everything that is important has been discussed.

Because MK does not guarantee victory. MK does NOT destroy the viablity of every single character. Snake and Dedede both are clearly good characters as well.

(Sorry I made a serious post.)

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Because MK does not guarantee victory. MK does NOT destroy the viablity of every single character. Snake and Dedede both are clearly good characters as well.
When you say "MK does not guarantee victory", we can only assume that you're saying Snake and Dedede DO guarantee a win.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
When you say "MK does not guarantee victory", we can only assume that you're saying Snake and Dedede DO guarantee a win.
Why would you make that assumption? I'm saying that D3 and Snake are certainly not incapable of winning against a MK.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
When you assume, you make an *** of u and me.

Say it with me now.

EDIT: Oh, and if you really think about it, MK is a viable answer to everything in Brawl. Why learn different characters when you can learn MK only and do even-or-better against the whole roster? MK isn't broken, but he ranges from "too good" to "perfect" at two of this game's objectives, which are "knock your oppoenent off the stage and prevent them from returning" and "return to the stage to avoid losing a stock". Now, couple these with his tools to answer everything, his ability to survive until very high percents (heavyweight property), his lightweight properties (ability to avoid being combo'd), and the most insane moveset in the game in terms of speed:power (excluding Snake's ftilt and utilt, which are only 2 attacks, rather than 4+ [dsmash, fsmash, upB, nair...]), and you get what we have here: a character that people find themselves complaining about because, I repeat, is "too good" at what this game is about.

Nothing can stop me from picking MK over my mains, and nothing can stop anyone else from picking MK over everyone else. As you can see, some people don't use him because of the social consecuences of being labeled a "tier ***** (a soft ban, IMO)". If this wasn't a problem, we'd see more MKs than we have now (not saying that 21% of tourney participation is a lot, I agree that him being the BEST means he has the largest representation).

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Why would you make that assumption? I'm saying that D3 and Snake are certainly not incapable of winning against a MK.
Because of the sentence structure. You're telling them that they shouldn't main Meta Knight because he doesn't guarantee a win, then saying Dedede and Snake are other options without telling us why.

When you assume, you make an *** of u and me.

Say it with me now.
That reply was bad and you should feel bad.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
Im so ****ing dissapointed in the smash community to actually ban a character even though he is the best.. All the people that say MK should be banned should improve there mindgames.. Its not Mk that wins but the players that play to win.. Sure he is the best but he is not far from the other characters such as snake, falco, & wario.. Come on people are you ****ing kidding me if metaknight gets banned, BRAWL SHOULD BE BANNED FROM TOURNAMENTS..

Edit: Would like to add ice climbers who are going to become right next to the cast in a next couple of months looking at the tourney results..

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
That reply was bad and you should feel bad.
I'm actually chuckling cuz it's a crappy statement what I said. lol

But astill, you should stop nitpicking at others' posts for not writing their sentences how they should be written. Stuff like that is what derails topics into a field of anger and provokes insults. And at times like your reply thay I quoted before, you are the one who baits the flame, you troll, you.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I really wish people who knew nothing about the subject wouldn't voice their opinions.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Because of the sentence structure. You're telling them that they shouldn't main Meta Knight because he doesn't guarantee a win, then saying Dedede and Snake are other options without telling us why.
I must disagree you here. EDIT: Okay, I will admit that I did not explain WHY they're options.

His post suggests that there is no reason to play with a character like Snake or Dedede because MK will guarantee more success. He is suggesting here that MK will always do better than these two characters and he is questioning why someone would play with anyone besides MK.

I am responding to the above post here by saying that there is reason to play a non-MK character like Snake or D3. I stated how MK does not destroy the entire roster's chances at winning. And notice how I included the words "as well." This means that are good characters ALONG with Meta Knight, not instead.

I'm saying that D3 and Snake are certainly not incapable of winning against a MK.
Either way, this was the point I attempted to get across.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'm actually chuckling cuz it's a crappy statement what I said. lol

But astill, you should stop nitpicking at others' posts for not writing their sentences how they should be written. Stuff like that is what derails topics into a field of anger and provokes insults. And at times like your reply thay I quoted before, you are the one who baits the flame, you troll, you.
Oh noes. I have been found out.

Edit: There's really nothing to talk about now. People bring up the same points, and they're shot down every time.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Im so ****ing dissapointed in the smash community to actually ban a character even though he is the best.. All the people that say MK should be banned should improve there mindgames.. Its not Mk that wins but the players that play to win.. Sure he is the best but he is not far from the other characters such as snake, falco, & wario.. Come on people are you ****ing kidding me if metaknight gets banned, BRAWL SHOULD BE BANNED FROM TOURNAMENTS..

Edit: Would like to add ice climbers who are going to become right next to the cast in a next couple of months looking at the tourney results..
Don't assume that all the pro-banners are dumb enough to not have an answer for MK. I, for one, do very well against MK (ask any Puerto Rico player for proof to this statement), but I also know that a different kind of community will have the chance to develop with MK's absence.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Edit: There's really nothing to talk about now. People bring up the same points, and they're shot down every time.
Even THIS has been repeated tens of times.
It's time to stop discussing pointless things.

this is america, deal with it scrub xD

i honestly dont see anything left to discuss here.soft ban or gtfo?
^
Someone who thinks everyone on Smashboards is from America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom