• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fourth and final community vote about Meta Knight.

Should Meta Knight be banned from competitive Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQTV

Smash Master
why does anyone want to bannd MK he's not broken and if you cant beat him your a scrub and thats why some people want him bannd NOT ALL people who want him bannd are scrubs though.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion

I'm pretty sure you can learn Jiggs for almost every matchup in Melee, and then Fox for others. Pikachu dominates the cast in 64. Chun / Yun dominate SF, etc. There is always a character that is extremely good against every other character, and it'll always be that way. However, none of the characters listed above are unbeatable, and the same has been proven with MK. All it takes to prove that a character isn't broken is for him to be beaten at high levels of play, and he has.

Stop using this argument and find one that works.
pikachus case-this was when every character had a 0-death and a sheild breaker combo on eachother with something like that you really cant argue "oh but hes the best in the game" cuz thats kind of hard to tell

jiggs and fox's case- you cannot learn jiggs for every matchups its just the really good ones (mango hungrybox ect.) that play jiggs exclusively if im not mistaken fox counters her, marth counters her, and a crap load of characters go even or slight disadvantage either way

as for fox he has his bad stages and he even has a few bad and even matchups

as for street fighter and such i dont know much about it and havent really played it much so yea

metaknight has no matchup not in his favor and his worst stage is still a decent stage for him

Inui

Banned via Warnings
pikachus case-this was when every character had a 0-death and a sheild breaker combo on eachother with something like that you really cant argue "oh but hes the best in the game" cuz thats kind of hard to tell

jiggs and fox's case- you cannot learn jiggs for every matchups its just the really good ones (mango hungrybox ect.) that play jiggs exclusively if im not mistaken fox counters her, marth counters her, and a crap load of characters go even or slight disadvantage either way

as for street fighter and such i dont know much about it and havent really played it much so yea

metaknight has no matchup not in his favor and his worst stage is still a decent stage for him
Please refrain from speaking of things that you do not know about (basically everything you just spoke about). ~_~

fkacyan

Smash Hero

This makes my head hurt. The top level of the metagame is all that matters in discussing banning a character or not. How games play out for mid-level placers / losing-out-pools level placers like myself doesn't really play into this. Would banning MK make my life a bit easier? Possibly; there are the side effects of where those players go, but that doesn't really matter here. We're discussing MK being broken in high level play, and you are ignorant of what that means. Stop posting.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Pretty much every S tier in every fighting game can't truly be counterpicked to death. The same goes for Brawl.

Smash players are such babies. It's why nobody can actually turn Smash into a business like every other game is. It's why MLG won't take our game seriously. We suck.
In truth, there isn't much money in competitive gaming. Smash is more likely to make money then any other fighter because people would be willing to watch. So far, the only professional game is Starcraft.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I wonder when the SBR will actually reach a final decision..?
They're NOT going to ban him, that's the conclusion they'll come up to.

Thank God the majority of the False SBR have smart people who believe in getting better instead of taking the easy way out, due to how many people claim that they all play MK when I'm sure they all do the opposite.

'V'

Smash Lord
In truth, there isn't much money in competitive gaming. Smash is more likely to make money then any other fighter because people would be willing to watch. So far, the only professional game is Starcraft.
Honestly, I don't see how Louisiana players even play Brawl still. Lee Martin just dominates at every single tournament he goes to here. It kinda isn't even fun to watch that often anymore and I'm their biggest spectator.

'V'

Smash Lord

Thank God the majority of the False SBR have smart people who believe in getting better instead of taking the easy way out, due to how many people claim that they all play MK when I'm sure they all do the opposite.
Yeah I figured that. I was just wondering when they'll put it up for the whole world to see so we can put this behind us.

BBQTV

Smash Master

taking would be cheating or cheap it would be the easy way out instead trying to ban him find a way to beat him.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
taking would be cheating or cheap it would be the easy way out instead trying to ban him find a way to beat him.
Can you rephrase that please?

I couldn't understand any of that.

Take you're time, I'm going to take a shower.

BBQTV

Smash Master
Can you rephrase that please?

I couldn't understand any of that.

Take you're time, I'm going to take a shower.
my bad i was rushing that pretty much find a way to beat MK stop whining the time you waste whining could be used to try and beat MK.

Halo has a very successful competitive scene. It's usually THE game to watch in current MLG events.

Tony_

Smash Ace
About the MLG thing: If they had something other than shooters in there people would take it more seriously. Madden side event's don't really count.

Tony_

Smash Ace
who the **** cares about maden.
Alot of people do, but not enough people do to the point where it will be nationally noticed.

Right now, MLG is a joke. Each of its games is an eye sore to watch, and Fighters take WAY more skill than an average FPS game you have running around flaunting itself out like a cheap ***** as your main game.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Hard ban, soft ban... But no one has mentioned Jagged ban!
... Whatever that is.
wtf is jagged ban? where did you even get that from?

Doesn't PR have very few MKs in their power rankings?
iirc, someone said that 3/4 of the players are MK and they softbanned CPing MK, and if you do CP MK, your name goes on the hall of shame. Such honorable people. I dunno who's on their power ranks tho, but just math assumptions lead me to believe that more than a few MKs are on PR's PR

Also, Mk isn't always the best choice for a certain match up.

Oh no facts, how scary.
But he's never the worse.

pro ban, anti ban, and...pro choice, lmao
I definitely pro choice.

iirc, someone came up with this idea that half the SBR mains MK... but who knows what that has to do with anything.

who the **** cares about maden.
a f*ckton of people.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
All I have to say is - if I lose a match, I switch to MK and I pretty much always win, unless I just screw up big time. That shouldn't be allowed. Ban him!

fkacyan

Smash Hero
All I have to say is - if I lose a match, I switch to MK and I pretty much always win, unless I just screw up big time. That shouldn't be allowed. Ban him!
You also live in I've Never Heard of This Place, Georgia, which I'm inclined to believe is full of sub-par players based on your comment unless you can prove otherwise.

I'd love to see where you did this to place high at a large tourney.

Move along, nothing to see here but another scrub's anecdote.

'V'

Smash Lord
iirc, someone came up with this idea that half the SBR mains MK... but who knows what that has to do with anything.
I don't know where this "The SBR mains Meta Knight, so they don't want him banned" thing came from. There are plenty of people who main Meta Knight and they do want him banned.

That shouldn't have anything to do with this debate, and even if it did, they probably have enough experience to know that he's not banworthy.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
You should ask John Madden himself...
John Madden is only another human being instead of the immortal broadcasting genuis he once was. Why did he have to retire? :(

Ive been reading a couple hundred pages, and I see that the anti-ban supporters are taking apart specifics from the pro-ban argument and defending them. The problem is that these specific things dont warrant MK a ban, the combination of all the things he has are what makes the pro-ban call him broken, I believe. Just my 2000$
When every one of the specifics the pro-ban states has been weakened by the anti-ban's evidence/counterpoints, the sum of the parts suddenly looks a lot weaker. The pro-ban usually illustrates MK's 'brokenness' by pointing out things that are either true in theory but hold no water in the actual metagame, or they're just simply not true.

we are the laughing stock of the game community.
So a bunch of Halolz shooterz elitists think that they're superior to us because their game's sponsored by the MLG? Please, it wouldn't be worth having to share a venue with those guys.

They laugh at us, we'll just laugh back at them.

BBQTV

Smash Master
So a bunch of Halolz shooterz elitists think that they're superior

They laugh at us, we'll just laugh back at them.
I like this attitude they laugh at us will just go and laugh BACK.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I don't know where this "The SBR mains Meta Knight, so they don't want him banned" thing came from. There are plenty of people who main Meta Knight and they do want him banned.

That shouldn't have anything to do with this debate, and even if it did, they probably have enough experience to know that he's not banworthy.
That's because the people who do MK and want him banned are trolling IRL.

Watch, when (more like if) they ban MK, they'll go back to the character they mained before and act like everything is normal, but to them they'll have either one less MU to worry about or their silly character is viable with him gone.

'V'

Smash Lord
For some reason that reminds me of Rawk Hawk in Paper Mario: TYD.

"When life rocks you, RAAAWK BAAAAACK!!!"

Good times. :laugh:

PottyJokes

Smash Apprentice

Uhm, I don't know about you but the Evo2k9 livestream had over 23k viewers for the Street Fighter IV Finals at one point.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
That's because the people who do MK and want him banned are trolling IRL.

Watch, when (more like if) they ban MK, they'll go back to the character they mained before and act like everything is normal, but to them they'll have either one less MU to worry about or their silly character is viable with him gone.

The best part is, only a few already-high-tier characters will see any kind of placings boost; and it'll be hard to tell if it was just the ban holding them back, or the new influx of players from MK that have given them the new 'tier position', fwiw.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Uhm, I don't know about you but the Evo2k9 livestream had over 23k viewers for the Street Fighter IV Finals at one point.

23k isn't even in most advertisers' field of vision; professional sports generate viewers in millions across various mediums. And ads are what determines what becomes big, as well as being a determinate of when things are big. You don't see nearly as much advertising and coverage for soccer (football for all you non-Statesdwellers) in the US because it's not big.

PottyJokes

Smash Apprentice
i was just responding to his smash was the fighter most likely to make most money

'V'

Smash Lord

23k isn't even in most advertisers' field of vision; professional sports generate viewers in millions across various mediums. And ads are what determines what becomes big, as well as being a determinate of when things are big. You don't see nearly as much advertising and coverage for soccer (football for all you non-Statesdwellers) in the US because it's not big.
In his defense, I think he was just talking about how Smashchu thought more people would be willing to watch Brawl more than any other fighter.

Edit: He beat me to it.. Didn't think he'd come back.. -_-;;;;

fkacyan

Smash Hero
In his defense, I think he was just talking about how Smashchu thought more people would be willing to watch Brawl more than any other fighter.

Edit: He beat me to it.. Didn't think he'd come back.. -_-;;;;

And then at that point we're comparing a game that has had a strong competitive scene for over a decade to a game that has just become widely known in the past three years. Not really a fair comparison.

That said, no gaming is near money-making status in the US, so it's kinda a moot point.

EDIT: ****N son, if HRNUT can vote 'No' after that match with Spam at CoT4...

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Pro Street Fighters make plenty of money. Peep this: JWong and MagnetoManiac had a $1000 MoneyMatch in MvC1.

$1000? Yeah, they get it like that. Small tourneys can't make you that much money, but when you start to win those big name tourneys (prime ex: Evo), you gets quite a pretty penny.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Pro Street Fighters make plenty of money. Peep this: JWong and MagnetoManiac had a $1000 MoneyMatch in MvC1.

$1000? Yeah, they get it like that. Small tourneys can't make you that much money, but when you start to win those big name tourneys (prime ex: Evo), you gets quite a pretty penny.
At this point you're talking about a percentage of gamers that is far smaller than the amount of gamers that would like to be professional as compared to a similar proportion of other professional games, such as sports.

I'd say that maybe the top .0000000001% of gamers have that much money to toss around, while maybe .0000001% of sports players can throw, proportional to how much they make, that much around*.

*follows basic rule that all statistics made up on the spot, are, in fact, almost certainly incorrect, though can still serve a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom