• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fourth and final community vote about Meta Knight.

Should Meta Knight be banned from competitive Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
OMG @ allowing -EVERYONE- to vote

I'm sure 70% of you aren't even DECENT at this game with whatever main you use LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL

MK leaves then IC's are going to ****ing **** **** so easily

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Another example: Lee Martin switched to MK after his lucario failed in Semi's. Just saying...
Dude cp'd to a better character. What a ***. Not like that's gonna be possible with him gone!

Yep, with MK banned, all the top placings will change and M2K wont even get 4th place! Definitely!

TruBlu

Smash Cadet
I asked if you did, which you claimed you could, not someone else.

Also hey kids, I have a cheat card! It's called

GENESIS
I could fall back on MK and have a better chance of winning. But I won't. You know why? I don't like my wins handed ot me on a silver plate -I like working for them.

bobson

Smash Lord
Can you show me some results where Inui placed well using primarly Snake? I want to see this........................ because I never see him at the Snake boards....
Hasn't he stated before that he only takes doubles seriously?

SuSa

Banned via Administration
OMG @ allowing -EVERYONE- to vote

I'm sure 70% of you aren't even DECENT at this game with whatever main you use LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL

MK leaves then IC's are going to ****ing **** **** so easily
Snake ***** IC's.......also why that may be true, those 70% still play this game.

EDIT:
@bobson
If he's only placing well in doubles then I want to know who he is partnering with... lol

Renegade TX2000

Smash Ace
If mk isn't banned though seriously... No more ike i'm going all mk and i'm running to every youtube video on how to learn this guy, no more messing around over here "I WANNA WIN TO" shiat

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
This poll shouldnt be considered a big factor in determining if the SBR bans MK. Since Id bet that at least 3/4 of the people voting pro-ban only voted "Yes" because of one of these reasons:

They don't main him, and just voted "Yes" purely based off of that fact
They can't beat n00b MKs, and just want him banned rather than actually practicing the matchup
They didnt really put any thought into their vote, and are just listening to what their friends are saying
etc
etc
etc

Plz do not let this poll be a big factor in determining the final say in this matter.
This poll shouldnt be considered a big factor in determining if the SBR bans MK. Since Id bet that at least 3/4 of the people voting anti-ban only voted "No" because of one of these reasons:

They main him, and just voted "Yes" purely based off of that fact
They can't learn any other characters, and just want him in the game rather than actually practicing a real character
They didnt really put any thought into their vote, and are just listening to what their friends are saying
etc
etc
etc

Plz do not let this poll be a big factor in determining the final say in this matter

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
This poll shouldnt be considered a big factor in determining if the SBR bans MK. Since Id bet that at least 3/4 of the people voting pro-ban only voted "Yes" because of one of these reasons:

They can't beat n00b MKs, and just want him banned rather than actually practicing the matchup
etc
etc
etc

Plz do not let this poll be a big factor in determining the final say in this matter.
You forgot the people who voted yes thinking they're funny.

TruBlu

Smash Cadet

etc
etc
etc

I could say that you main him, and you voted no based on that fact. Here's the scoop : If the majority of people on this board think he needs to be banned, don't you think we should ban him? Heck, if we used your logic 1/2 of America's votes would be not counted... Especially the third thing you said.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Dude cp'd to a better character. What a ***. Not like that's gonna be possible with him gone!

Yep, with MK banned, all the top placings will change and M2K wont even get 4th place! Definitely!
Thats not at all what I'm saying, you're just interpreting it so you can counter argue it lol.

zeldspazz

Smash Master

etc
etc
etc

Its only gonna be 10% of the deciding factor someone said, and the pro-ban has to get 2/3 vote I believe the OP said.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
i think we shouldn't ban it. cuz if we ban it, we might lose some of the MK brawlers which is like 20% of the brawl community.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
You're giving us 1~3 votes in a 2/3rd majority vote of some 30-40 other people we have no control over, and you posted it in the spammiest part of the board. We're taking this as seriously as you're taking us.
Exactly.

We get practically no say in this whatsoever. Why even make a poll?

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
i think we shouldn't ban it. cuz if we ban it, we might lose some of the MK brawlers which is like 20% of the brawl community.
I doubt 20% of the Mk brawlers would quit. A lot of MK brawlers want him banned. I'd say maybe 2% would quit?

Dotcom

Smash Lord
I love how half of the pro banners are wifi players or players with a char, which will never win tourneys (like the fox guy which posted here before) say "LMAO, BAN MK FOR NO REAL REASON".
I won a tournament on Sunday with Olimar, beating MK's (who when played right shut Olimar down)

I am Pro- ban.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
no quivo has tried everything against lain you may annoy them. but you cant get the kill off. you evntually have to approach them. which TL has slow kill moves and has to be in close range = grab
Chip very nearly beat Lain at Genesis with no matchup experience whatsoever, and DID beat Hylian. Remember that while Chip is very good, he's from WA and hasn't played a lot of matchups.

I'm fairly confident TL has the advantage.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
while im not a tl expert, doesn't zair combo into usmash? that seems like a pretty safe kill option to me...

Famous

Smash Champion
I could just say "Quit bi***ing and learn the matchup" but I saw some pretty good points in the pro-ban section...A hell of alot of people picked of MK for obvious reasons...I think it's just laziness...

Pro-Ban

And whoever is talking badly about low-tiers...I will kick you in yo ballz...>:]

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Chip very nearly beat Lain at Genesis with no matchup experience whatsoever, and DID beat Hylian. Remember that while Chip is very good, he's from WA and hasn't played a lot of matchups.

Thank you Praxis.

while im not a tl expert, doesn't zair combo into usmash? that seems like a pretty safe kill option to me...
*covers mouth in an attempt to not flame*

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
I only voted yes because I would like to see some metagame diversity. I don't think he's overcentralizing, but he is limiting the variety of development in the metagame. Lately, it seems that the only characters that are growing are the B+ tier characters, while everyone else is being ignored from how unviable they are. While it's slightly illogical to think that no MK = a growth spurt to the other character's metagames, I do think some people will go back to people like Peach who just get destroyed by the garden variety MK. Also, MK is the go to character if you're having a problem with a matchup like DDD. The way I see it, people who side MK just for MUs will have to l2skill better and thus increase the threshold of skill.

I don't really care if you disagree and I probably won't respond if you do, so don't bother flaming me if I'm wrong.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I voted pro-ban not because I think meta breaks the game, but because I feel like meta will slowly break the dwindling competitive community that brawl has.

brdy_

Smash Lord

or Chip might just be really ****ing good.

And nice logical fallacies on your side of the argument, Praxis. =)

TruBlu

Smash Cadet
@ all the people saying that this poll means nothing, it'll make no difference, ect... Let's say there are 30-40 people in the SBR. Currently, 3 votes will be given to the pro ban side because we're 5% above 50%, plus the one vote for being at 50%... that makes a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom