• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fourth and final community vote about Meta Knight.

Should Meta Knight be banned from competitive Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
LOL, please....look at my previous post.

Get an argument.

People KNOW the matchup....

its called

picking any level
picking meta knight
doing infinite recovery options
not getting gimped, ever.
yo....wanna pick MK on me next tourney? xd We can put your theory to the test. :D

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I just called my friend on the phone and asked him what he decided and he said this:

"I chose anti-ban"

"why dude?"

"Because I dont want to main Snake."

"Did you even READ everything?"

"yeah"

"You didnt think the pro ban side was well written?"

"I dont know."

WOW!!!!!!

Kevin-If you can gimp me I'll give you $20.00. If I don't get gimped you give me $10.00. We'll even do a set.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Yeah Ruddy, Sheik and Pikachu make Fox cry tears of agony. I used to main him so I'm pretty aware of his weaknesses. MK v Fox isn't that bad if you mind your stage positioning and spacing but even then it's still a pain.
Yea I remember you from the fox boards, and there will never be a fox (who doesn't second MK) place #1 in a big tourney with MK on the loose. I've played good MKs, so I've heard I'm one of the best foxes out there, and good MK's just shut me down. Once MK gets to a certain lvl, theres nothing I can do.

Staco

Smash Champion
I love how half the MK mains say "LMAO, BAN ***** FOR NO REAL REASON".
I love how half of the pro banners are wifi players or players with a char, which will never win tourneys (like the fox guy which posted here before) say "LMAO, BAN MK FOR NO REAL REASON".

way to go @ LBK

which char shall we get banned after we got snake banned?
cant decide atm, falco or wario?

make it super smash low tier bros. brawl

seriously, who cares about the low tier mainers which think they could win tourneys without MK

there are maybe like 10 chars, which can win tourneys
and banning MK wont change it!

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
I just called my friend on the phone and asked him what he decided and he said this:

"I chose anti-ban"

"why dude?"

"Because I dont want to main Snake."

"Did you even READ everything?"

"yeah"

"You didnt think the pro ban side was well written?"

"I dont know."

WOW!!!!!!
Just because you called up one ignorant friend doesn't mean that anti-ban has nothing good to say.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
I love how half of the pro banners are wifi players or players with a char, which will never win tourneys (like the fox guy which posted here before) say "LMAO, BAN MK FOR NO REAL REASON".
I main MK.

I am pro-ban

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Or, you know, people with actual arguments.
You might have known that if you read the OP.

And I also love how half the anti-ban main (or at least second) MK. =P

It's also nice when people want to ban their own character because they think it's the right thing to do.
+1 to those people.

Edit: lol, probably much more then half main or second MK. What was I thinking?

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Half posts here were addressed either in the pro ban side argument or the anti ban side argument. Please read the arguments before voting, otherwise you look like a doofus whenever you post something that was addressed to massive detail in the OP.

To come up with an analogous situation to "you want to ban MK because you don't main him" ..I'll just make the claim that "you want freezing the game banned because you suck at the glitch that freezes the game" Yeah, so what? Doesn't make it good for the game.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
MK DOES have a good reason to be banned. He has no characters that can be used as a cp against him UNLESS its a MK ditto... that itself means he destroys brawl's cp system. Brawl being the game of cp's that it is can't shine when its system is destroyed by one character...

IcyLight

Smash Lord
did you not see the trolling in any of those wifi posts? oh...you are from germany, nevermind, you don't matter

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I also main MK

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Half posts here were addressed either in the pro ban side argument or the anti ban side argument. Please read the arguments before voting, otherwise you look like a doofus whenever you post something that was addressed to massive detail in the OP.
It sickens me when people literally put a lot of time and effort into something and people just skim their writing and just be like "meh, ban him!" or "I already know what I think...dont ban him!"

Its disrespectful and arrogant.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
That doesn't mean you can't just get better than your opponent and win.
Theres a limit. Fox's limit stops at about lvl 50. Meta Knight's stops somewhere over 9000.

I can lvl myself up to 50, if MK is above that, I'm not going to win.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I main MK.

I am pro-ban
You just want MK banned so you can be sexy again and main Sonic.

/hope

No, but srs. I voted pro-ban, because I feel the pro-ban argument in the OP convinced me. I was neutral until an hour ago.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
It's to restate things for people didn't bother to read in the OP.

ShinoBee

Smash Apprentice
To My Dearest Region Norcal,

Step it up. That way we could give the **** again, rather than just cry "**** yo mama".

Love,
Shino, aka "The Bat**** Insane Anti-Ban MK Who Loved Drawing All Over The SFSU Chalkboard Before She Was Accused For A Crime She Didn't Do"

TruBlu

Smash Cadet
I personally believe that MK is simply too good. m2k won the most money at Genesis. Let's admit it. m2k was not playing his best *I AM NOT SAYING HE WAS SANDBAGGING*, he could've won. But somehow Ally won, grats to him! I think his consistently high tournament standing , combined with his simply broken array of moves, calls for a ban. Genesis was the exception. A MK main won Evo, if I am not mistaken. What fun is this game, if it is nothing but MK MK MK MK MK MK MK MK snake snake dedede. That's quite fun, isn't it? There was a tournament held with MK banned. The result? MANY characters placed in the top eight, including R.O.B, Yoshi, and Diddy. MK is simply stopping many characters from reaching their full potential, because even a player with excellent skill will be stomped by Meta Knight's brokenness.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Kevin-If you can gimp me I'll give you $20.00. If I don't get gimped you give me $10.00. We'll even do a set.
Who said anything about gimp, I just was gunna utilt KO you at like 90%. I remember you spazzing when I Uair KOed your Marth at like 80%. It's even worse for MK. You can't really gimp ROB either btw, so if that's a reason it's a bad one.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Also, the domino theory is lol. Amazing people actually believe in it.
That's not so much domino theory as it is slippery slope, which is a logical fallacy, but here, it could be valid. Looking at Ankoku's rankings list, MK is at 1.623 of Snake's "score," while Snake has 3.640 times what Falco, the next highest character, has.

I also give this to anyone who wants to rebut that, because that's based on tourney results, and those'll change if MK's gone, both in matchups and MK being unable to place, but still, some evidence helps.

Phoenix~Lament

Smash Ace
Why the flame war when our vote only counts for 10% or less of the final vote?

Remember (my prediction):

This vote will end up pro-ban, but anti-ban will win out in the end.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I want Meta Knight banned so the meta game will not revolve around "what stops MK?" and so I can stop saying to myself in tournament "Alright, cant go out and gimp Meta Knight. Got to play it safe."

With all do respect, the anti ban side argument in this thread is significantly weaker and I believe Chibo put a lot more work into his preparation with this.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I think he should be banned.
I voted no though because he shouldn't really.

Staco

Smash Champion
Theres a limit. Fox's limit stops at about lvl 50. Meta Knight's stops somewhere over 9000.

pick MK vs. the people you loose to. you will still loose.
and fox cant win tourneys at all, this wont change, if MK gets banned!
its not MK only, which destroys fox!

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman

way to go @ LBK

which char shall we get banned after we got snake banned?
cant decide atm, falco or wario?

make it super smash low tier bros. brawl

seriously, who cares about the low tier mainers which think they could win tourneys without MK

there are maybe like 10 chars, which can win tourneys
and banning MK wont change it!
Lol half the pro banners main MK. As for my character never winning tournies, I never plan on winning a tourney by picking fox alone. I have to counterpick. Metaknight throws counterpicking out've the story. Unless I choose MK I can't do anything about it. As for snake? Why would we want to ban snake? We can counterpick snake. Fox practically goes even with snake. I eat snakes all the time. No offence but coming from a place where your best player plays sheik (and gets wrecked at a major US tourney), I don't think you have any room to talk trashy about low tier mains.

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace

LMFAO @ that random number you made up. How do you know if you're just not good enough to break this "limit" ?

judge!

Smash Ace
i love how people are voteing yes even if they dont think he should be banned...sbr is a joke

C.box

Smash Journeyman
You dumb C***, M2K would never sand bag. He said it himself how much he hates it.

BTW, There are other characters besides MK that make fox unviable. Do your mother****ing research next time.
You know i'm actually against the ban and yet the second part of this post just said "idiot".

M2k didn't sandbag: Fact, why would someone sandbag with so much money on the line you are right there.

BTW, There are other characters besides MK that make fox unviable. Do your mother****ing research next time

He said in the rest of his post that as a fox main he faces many hard counters but unlike metaknight he can counterpick those counters such as pika and sheik with people like icies and marth, but he can't cp mk.

Either way i'm anti-ban so w.e.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
That's not so much domino theory as it is slippery slope, which is a logical fallacy, but here, it could be valid. Looking at Ankoku's rankings list, MK is at 1.623 of Snake's "score," while Snake has 3.640 times what Falco, the next highest character, has.
further complete the math and look at how far up mk is compared to falco, which is 5.91x higher than falco, which is pretty ****ing rediculous compared to 1.6x

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
LMFAO @ those random numbers you made up. How do you know if you're just not good enough to break this "limit" ?
Is it really that funny? You ever seen a fox beat a big name MK player? You ever hear OMG R00kie beat DOJO! OMG that Zeton guy wrecked Tyrant. No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom