• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fourth and final community vote about Meta Knight.

Should Meta Knight be banned from competitive Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Palpi

Smash Hero
If Ally came up to me and said MK should be banned or challenged Avarice or w/e you were trying to prove, I would probably say he was dumb or something of the sort :)

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Most people are. This thread's name should be changed from "Should Meta Knight be banned?"nope, the problem is dimishing and realistically, hes not powerful enough to be ban worthy to "Do you want Meta Knight to be banned?"yes, id rather not have to deal with him and have more fun just playing brawl in general against more high tiers like pikachu, pit, ect..

Palpi

Smash Hero
Most people are. This thread's name should be changed from "Should Meta Knight be banned?" to "Do you want Meta Knight to be banned?".
Making this Do you want metaknight to be banned would be an even BIGGER waste of time :)

Pit is high tier? I kinda tend to not look at pit ever, so I wouldn't know.

Sky`

Smash Lord
Amen Old Mocha. =]'

Subjectivity, thy name is the Pro-Ban Debate. Most of it anyway. Edrees has the best Pro-ban arguments. =]

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
I'm done speaking of this with you. I would continue, but my
head hurts. And seriously saying that you can't argue with me because I'm a known good player IS stupid and ignorant. So stop trying to use that against me, because you're just complementing me at the moment; you're not insulting me nor putting me in my place by saying that you can't argue with me because of my status in the brawl community.

Funny, because if someone like Ally came in here and said something like this, I doubt you'd continue to argue and dabble the way you are at the moment. I'm off to bed. Good night.
I'm not saying I can't argue with you because of that.

I'm saying that's what you're sounding like.

In some way or form in this anti-ban vs. pro-ban argument, I've always been challenged as to how good I am by known players. I'll be in the process of an argument, and the other person, in general, just says, "Hi I'm (good player) who are you you must be bad why should I listen to you?"

Fiction's done it to me. Dekar's done it to me. Xyro just did it to Thiocyanide. You just did it to me.

And given that I've had to give somewhat the same response to the aforementioned people, I doubt that I'd just kneel before Ally if he was saying the exact same things as you are at the moment.

You just asked why am I not placing well in tournaments if I want MK to stay and I'm a Diddy or whatever, did you not? You're implying that I want MK to stay in the game to be selfish, and you're implying that I have to be good to have an opinion that matters.

At least, that's what it sounds like.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
Kirby's rock and nado sucks, MK has a cool sword, better mobility, etc etc. Kirby's bad match ups are gay as **** too. =/
Match ups? What? My 12 year old little sister, (who doesn't exist by the way,) doesn't ****in' care about match ups. Neither does my girlfriend. They just love Kirby.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Match ups? What? My 12 year old little sister, (who doesn't exist by the way,) doesn't ****in' care about match ups. Neither does my girlfriend. They just love Kirby.
That has nothing to do with how fun he is in competitive play, which is what I was talking about, but thanks for mentioning **** no one gives a **** about.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Please stop repeating yourself and ignoring my posts.

Plank vs. Puffster shouldn't have happened. Diddy has the tools to beat an air-camping MK. Period.

Dojo vs. DEHF, do you honestly know enough about? Do you honestly think that DEHF practiced how to beat air-camping MKs well? Do you honestly think that this match shows that Falco can't beat it, even though it was only one match, and to my current knowledge, DEHF was very hesitant to approach?

You don't ban things because they COULD be a problem in the FUTURE when there is no evidence to support that. Why? Because suppose you ban it, and you're wrong? Then congratulations, you would have unjustly banned a character because you were too impatient to wait and see if these things would actually be a problem.

IDC is banned. Period. EDC? Lol, what would you even use that for? To retreat? To stall? You realize that it has punishable start-up and ending lag, AND you can predict and chase them out of it?

What do you mean supposed? Apex. Genesis. Have you seen the results? MK banned tournaments don't affect Ankoku's ranking list, as he only takes tournaments that go from the official S.B.R. ruleset. But I'm not even talking about that Compare the results of Apex and Genesis to hobo11 and cot4. It isn't that hard to figure out that there's much less MK dominance.

Stop giving a general summary of what MK can do, make it sound "scary", and try to pass it off as an argument. Stop avoiding my counterpoints to your actual argument.
Explain how diddy and falco beats air planking, because apparently, I am undereducated...

You tell me not to refer to those single incidents, but yet, you refer to Apex and Genesis, as though every other tournament that happens with MK taking top spots doesn't matter. Interestingly enough, Genesis had Ally then 3 MKs of, you could possibly say, contrasting styles, and from wut I hear, nothing but Ally could beat those MKs. What you want to assume from those stats is up to you.

Also, the absense of evidence is not the evidence of absense.... especially where there are spotted cases of evidence that shows that MK can be broken.

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
Metaknight Is In Brawl. He's Not Leaving. NO MATTER HOW MUCH BEGGING OR REASONING WITH ANYBODY, HE WILL REMAIN IN THE GAME. The Sooner You Realize It The Less Problems That Occur.

There Are Three Ways To Cope
1) Cry To The High Heavens And Post Vids On Youtube About How Its Not Fair
2) Play The Crappy Game For What It Is
3) Don't Play

Simple

Sukai

Smash Champion
You claim that the pro-ban arguments in the OP far trumphs the anti-ban arguments. In order to come to that conclusion, you would have to be largely ignorant on a lot of things. Thus, anything you have to say on the matter will be tainted by said ignorance.

This is my definite last post barring a last-minute post before I leave in 2 1/2 hours.
I never said it "far triumphs" the anti ban argument.
My entire point was that I'm neutral on the subject, I based my vote on the more compelling argument, in which the pro-ban side impacted me more.

Have a safe trip in any case.

Zolios

Smash Apprentice
Also, talkingbeatles, Fox's dair to whatever is one of the worst tactics with fox ever Lol.

I haven't fell for it since about April of last year.

#1. Avoid dair.
#2. Punish.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
I honestly don't know how Falco beats air-camping. That's the thing. It sounds like you're acting like you do because of this one match, where the tactic hasn't been extensively tested to get past. I'll be honest, he probably doesn't, but does that mean that DEHF was playing at his smartest?

While absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence, it certainly doesn't mean, "Ban him anyway, just in case." I'll ask again; what do you do if you're wrong and you unjustly ban a character?

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
Also, talkingbeatles, Fox's dair to whatever is one of the worst tactics with fox ever Lol.

I haven't fell for it since about April of last year.

#1. Avoid dair.
#2. Punish.
I know man. These are my tactics for every match I'm in:

#1 avoid attack.
#2. punish.

I'm like, the best where I live.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
This thread is the reason why TOs should organize more low tier events so that everyone is happy.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
What in the hell does low tier tournaments do in regards to MK? Really now, use your head.

@jb: He was pointing out the fact that you pulled the "I am better than you so our argument is null" card. He is not discussing how he cannot argue with you, he is discussing how you are using the fact that he is a lesser player as a method of attacking his argument. Argumentum ad hominem.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
I honestly don't know how Falco beats air-camping. That's the thing. It sounds like you're acting like you do because of this one match, where the tactic hasn't been extensively tested to get past. I'll be honest, he probably doesn't, but does that mean that DEHF was playing at his smartest?
the question of if anyone was playing at their smartest... is no good, because i can argue that m2k wasn't playing his smartest when he went up against Ally in Genesis finals....

While absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence, it certainly doesn't mean, "Ban him anyway, just in case." I'll ask again; what do you do if you're wrong and you unjustly ban a character?

but there is evidence. you just said that you honestly don't think falco can beat air planking...

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
While the playing at the best argument wasn't the best argument, I was trying to say that while Dojo beat DEHF via air-camping, it doesn't mean that MK beats Falco with air-camping.

So Falco might not being able to beat air-camping=MK could be broken in the future?

To the best of my knowledge of the two characters and Falco's options, Falco wouldn't do to well against an air-camping MK. But given that I'm not an MK or Falco main, and haven't experience fighting an air-camping MK as a Falco, I wouldn't know.

And you keep avoiding my question.

Why would you ban something that's debatable BEFORE it's actually a problem? What happens when you ban him, and you're wrong, and he ISN'T ban-worthy?

Allied

Smash Master
What in the hell does low tier tournaments do in regards to MK? Really now, use your head.

@jb: He was pointing out the fact that you pulled the "I am better than you so our argument is null" card. He is not discussing how he cannot argue with you, he is discussing how you are using the fact that he is a lesser player as a method of attacking his argument. Argumentum ad hominem.
yo tell em about those frames

Infinite Emerald

Smash Journeyman
Don't Ban!!!

I think he should not be banned for after I read some stuff about this I think he is possable to beat, and If the people that made smash bros. put him in than we should just ecept that and move on. So vote and vote how you think.

Palpi

Smash Hero
@Avarice

Semantics.

Just let him defend himself, or try to atleast. It is just drama queens wanting attention, it was and will never be a problem, as you probably feel.

I think he should not be banned for after I read some stuff about this I think he is possable to beat, and If the people that made smash bros. put him in than we should just ecept that and move on. So vote and vote how you think.
I feel ashamed to be anti-ban with this arguement.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
I love how you avoided my argument because I'm apparently not good enough at this game.
I love how my points made recently still beat out yours even without the fact that you are not a known brawler. I'm sorry to the frail and fragile but your opinion has more weight when you are experienced in the game and have proven it through tournament results. What M2K sais about the for example: Marth vs MK matchup has more weight than whatever you say about the matchup. It's the way things are, its the way things work. Don't get butthurt over it now. Not saying that your argument is completely void, just you defended MK with such a burning passion! It's interesting to see you want to keep him in yet you probably haven't seen the things MK does in tournament. Notice the word probably, I choose my words carefully to give room for error. Do discuss, I wonder what counter argument you'd pose next...

Palpi

Smash Hero
Jbandrew, can you please say something that adds to this "debate" instead of having a unfriendly exchange of witty comments. lol

I thought Melo making epic posts with banned? I voted yes for that.

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
I voted no. He isn't even that bad. If a ban happens, it would confirm my thoughts on the community. I started to warm up to the puffball. I hear he's a good scrub killer. MK can deal with them so my Sonic/ICs won't have to.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Why would you ban something that's debatable BEFORE it's actually a problem? What happens when you ban him, and you're wrong, and he ISN'T ban-worthy?
You would ban something before it's actually a problem to be safe.
When Brawl first came out, many stages were banned before they became problems to the advanced metagame.

If you ban him, how can you tell I'm wrong and that he isn't ban-worthy?

Edit: wow, I'm getting tired, missed an entire point, my bad.

On falco, if MK can do air plank Falco, who has decent jumps and lasers, why not air camp every other that has decent jumps and a projectile? It's not like MK doesn't have the safest possible moves in the game to get in a quick bit of damage for the lead and let the air camping to commence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom