• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fourth and final community vote about Meta Knight.

Should Meta Knight be banned from competitive Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Actually it isnt, you need to never lose the % lose or you instantly lose, which cannot realistically happen at high level.
What empirical data suggests that? IDC was banned before it was used in tourney. You have no evidence to back up such a claim.

The logic is that pro ban has to show that he is broken, and not the other way around. Or else everyone could call a ban for anything.
Exactly.

edit: It's pretty clear that this tactic is beatable, given the right circumstances. If you're ahead the entire game, which is entirely plausible, the IDC is not a problem. Just wait out the IDC and shield when you see Meta Knight reappear. That's all there is too it.

My point? Meta Knight is beatable, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be banned.

Btw, I'm not advocating unbanning the IDC.

DarkPikmin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zDecoy
They just need a judge at all MK matches. Simple, no? Yes I know this has been brought up before. Not practical. Ban it? Ok. No wait! I R HAVE IDEAR. Have a judge at all MK matches....

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
They just need a judge at all MK matches. Simple, no? Yes I know this has been brought up before. Not practical. Ban it? Ok. No wait! I R HAVE IDEAR. Have a judge at all MK matches....
I sincerely hope you're joking/ being sarcastic.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
"Temp ban sounds good in the first thought, but in another way it is stupida as hell. For sure characters could develop while MK would stand still. But when the time comes and MK is re-allowed, nobody will know how to fight him and then they will scream for a ban more than ever. The only thing that could happen, that there will be found a new technique/glitch/at/whatever which makes more characters better but not MK (Like Dacus)."

Quoted anomymously... I have no clue how to spell that, if I got it right, yay.

That's not how a temp ban would work I don't think. The idea of a temp ban is merely to see if people will live without MK or not; and be able to make the final decision of a ban from there. If MK is still allowed after, people will simply pick back up where it left off before the temp ban.

At least, that's what I would see happening idealy.

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
Exactly... "within the realm of human ability" means slap the ****ing controller out of the dude's hand.
I lol'd so hard :laugh:

Actually it isnt, you need to never lose the % lose or you instantly lose, which cannot realistically happen at high level.
Engarish preez.

Are you saying that at a high level you need to never lose the percent lead? That's impossible? Not only does MK do an amazing job at maintain a constant lead, but players like Plank have proved it many times over. That, and MK players have used IDC to give themselves safer recoveries and haven't even gotten so much as a slap on the wrist :mad:

BBQTV

Smash Master
MK should not be banned and any who says otherwise is an idiot.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Having a different judge

at EVERY match with the best character in the game

is such a bad idea

MK should not be banned and any who says otherwise is an idiot.
"MK should be banned and any who says otherwise is an idiot."

I can act like a 12 year old too.

Overclassed

Smash Journeyman

The logic is that pro ban has to show that he is broken , and not the other way around. Or else everyone could call a ban for anything.
MK has IDC.

That is broken. Thus, MK is broken.

Ban the character, not the tactic.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
~KBizzle

Yes I know, but the question still has yet to be answered: Why has planking been banned? Is it because the tactic is believed to be "too good"? Is that a reason to ban something? Or am I totally wrong about why it is banned?

I just don't understand why it is banned. It may be a tactic, but wouldn't banning a tactic take away from the competition of the game? Isn't competition a heavy part of what anti-ban has been referring to in their arguments? Nothing against anti-ban of course, I'd just like to see an answer to the question.

~The Gifted Unknown
*clears throat*

BBQTV

Smash Master
the reason this thread exists is for 2 reasons to vote and to flame

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
It's to vote and to debate.
People with very... small brains go around flaming.

Common sense.
Whoa.

swordgard

Smash Hero
~KBizzle

Yes I know, but the question still has yet to be answered: Why has planking been banned? Is it because the tactic is believed to be "too good"? Is that a reason to ban something? Or am I totally wrong about why it is banned?

I just don't understand why it is banned. It may be a tactic, but wouldn't banning a tactic take away from the competition of the game? Isn't competition a heavy part of what anti-ban has been referring to in their arguments? Nothing against anti-ban of course, I'd just like to see an answer to the question.

~The Gifted Unknown

Yeah, but your implying that the people who want to keep MK around are the ones who want planking banned. I personally believe TOs banned planking prematurely due to 2 things.

A) Plank vs sk92 at axis.
B) Mew2king making a banning thread.

Overclassed

Smash Journeyman
*clears throat*
~KBizzle

~The Gifted Unknown

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Is it me or do most pro banners seem to act like jerks?
because the anti-banners are sooooo peaceful.

So, can someone please justify using the ledge grab rule and banning EDC (assuming EDC = IDC) without sufficient evidence?

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Yeah, but your implying that the people who want to keep MK around are the ones who want planking banned. I personally believe TOs banned planking prematurely due to 2 things.

A) Plank vs sk92 at axis.
B) Mew2king making a banning thread.
~KBizzle

Wrong. I implied nothing.

I just figured that since anti-ban seems to better understand the logic of "banning for a good reason", the side would be able to answer my question.

In no way did I try to point out that anti-ban also consists of the people who wanted planking to be banned. Thanks for your input to my question though.

~The Gifted Unknown

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Is it me or does Kamikaze*:

- Go around flaming
- Act like an immature kid
- Add nothing to the debate

Ridiculous.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
I thought this was supposed to be an intelligent discussion about whether or not to ban Meta Knight, not a kiddy contest of who can flame the most.:ohwell:

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Once this is over, we can all sit around and have a nice glass of tea. Then we start discussing banning Ike, because he is obviously the best character in the game.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I thought this was supposed to be an intelligent discussion about whether or not to ban Meta Knight, not a kiddy contest of who can flame the most.:ohwell:
~KBizzle

Good point, but what's left to really be discussed? Not to mention Inui spoiled the obvious result of the SBR poll (could have potentially been trolling but I believe it; SBR is rather...heavy on MK mains).

~The Gifted Unknown

BBQTV

Smash Master
Once this is over, we can all sit around and have a nice glass of tea. Then we start discussing banning Ike, because he is obviously the best character in the game.
oh i'll start making the tea and crumpets now

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
But I have added to the debate. I constantly show people that they have silly ideas. Go check yourself. I don't just come in to say "LOL MKS DON'T GETTING BANNED SCRUBS" and then leave.

swordgard

Smash Hero
~KBizzle

Good point, but what's left to really be discussed? Not to mention Inui spoiled the obvious result of the SBR poll (could have potentially been trolling but I believe it; SBR is rather...heavy on MK mains).

~The Gifted Unknown
Look, it is statistically impossible for MK to get banned.

SBR consists of best players around. MK dominates around 22% of the tourneys, extrapolate and you can guess at least 20% of SBR is MK. they only need 13% more of anti ban to stay around. Fun isnt it?

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
I often see you post 2 liners and add nothing to the debate.
I can't say anything about you, since you have contributed a lot by disproving two pro-ban arguements. :laugh:

Now onto Ike. The main reason is, of course, that F-smash. That, coupled with his Quick Draw and Counter, makes him WAY over powered. DUh, he needs to be banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom