• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fourth and final community vote about Meta Knight.

Should Meta Knight be banned from competitive Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash Master
Who won with the IDC before it was banned, or are the anti-banners hypocrites?

Just sayin'

PikaPika!

Smash Ace
Look, it is statistically impossible for MK to get banned.

SBR consists of best players around. MK dominates around 22% of the tourneys, extrapolate and you can guess at least 20% of SBR is MK. they only need 13% more of anti ban to stay around. Fun isnt it?
This is the reason MK will never even be close to being banned, there's too many MK players in the SBR and 99% of them will obviously vote to not ban their character.

Overclassed

Smash Journeyman

SBR consists of best players around. MK dominates around 22% of the tourneys, extrapolate and you can guess at least 20% of SBR is MK. they only need 13% more of anti ban to stay around. Fun isnt it?

swordgard

Smash Hero
I can't say anything about you, since you have contributed a lot by disproving two pro-ban arguements. :laugh:

Now onto Ike. The main reason is, of course, that F-smash. That, coupled with his Quick Draw and Counter, makes him WAY over powered. DUh, he needs to be banned.
Did you see the range on that fair? MK may have transcendent priority, but that can backlash if the opponent has more range since he cant clash. Not only that, but add in comboes like neutral air to neutral air to up air to fsmash(cannot be avoided because ike can predict if you DI, as proven by the near coming MK ban).

Get ***** by ike!

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
A) Plank vs sk92 at axis.
B) Mew2king making a banning thread.
*sigh*

So the community finds nothing wrong with banning planking with no evidence of planking being unbeatable.

Yeah, that definitely sounds like a plan to keep MetaKnight.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216

~KBizzle

Yeah, not like it matters to me since I can still give good MKs a run for their money with Peach/Kirby; but I still call bull**** on the whole voting process. The public poll may be filled with a lot of nonsense, but the SBR poll is obviously filled with bias. Both are ridiculous to me.

~The Gifted Unknown

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I like how every time I come in this thread, no one responds to my posts with any intelligent rebuttals. I just get a bunch of crap with factual errors, strawman, logical fallacies, etc.

My question still stands. (addressing the anti-ban side) Why are planking/IDC banned? They are beatable within the realm of human ability, and they can be beaten at the top levels of play.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Who won with the IDC before it was banned, or are the anti-banners hypocrites?

Just sayin'
~KBizzle

Careful there. It's not anti-ban's fault when it comes to the planking decision. They can, however, try a little harder to answer the question about why it was banned though since they can obviously understand the logic of "banning for a valid reason". I have yet to see anyone but Swordgard answer the question.

~The Gifted Unknown

swordgard

Smash Hero
I like how every time I come in this thread, no one responds to my posts with any intelligent rebuttals. I just get a bunch of crap with factual errors, strawman, logical fallacies, etc.

My question still stands. Why are planking/IDC banned? They are beatable within the realm of human ability, and they can be beaten at the top levels of play.
IDC cannot be beaten at high level of play, it will inevitably create forced overcentralization. Either you play MK or you lose because as soon as you dont have the lead he can teleport away and stall for any amount of time until the end of the match.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
DanGR, I would just wait until some of the regular anti-ban posters visit the thread.

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
Ryko already said it. Most of the SBR use MK. MK pays the bills around the house. Why would they choose to get rid of something that pays bills?

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
We're not gonna get a legit answer for what evidence shows EDC/IDC and planking to be unbeatable.

It's one of those.... "things."

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
IDC cannot be beaten at high level of play, it will inevitably create forced overcentralization. Either you play MK or you lose because as soon as you dont have the lead he can teleport away and stall for any amount of time until the end of the match.
As well as FOREVER stalling the game through constant draws...

Ryko already said it. Most of the SBR use MK. MK pays the bills around the house. Why would they choose to get rid of something that pays bills?
How would they not still get money? People really good at the game will remain good.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Planking should be allowed IMO unless it can be proven broken. IDC is broken...invincibility + invisibility....

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
IDC to stall is obviously unbeatable. Just like Homing Attack under the stage. (unless you go MK, Pit, or maybe Kirby, and possibly other characters to stop it.)

EDC for positioning.... that's unbeatable? Your theory does not impress me.

swordgard

Smash Hero
We're not gonna get a legit answer for what evidence shows EDC/IDC and planking to be unbeatable.

It's one of those.... "things."
Seriously, i told you, infinite stalling is banned for a reason. It creates forced overcentralization. I dont see MK pro ban answer why planking was banned either. So please stop. EDC shouldnt be banned since it still has a limited duration which cannot be varied indefinitly. Planking was banned prematurely imo, not that much testing was made.

EDIT: They asked IDC first, not EDC. I dont believe EDC is really banned, has no reason to be.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
IDC to stall is obviously unbeatable. Just like Homing Attack under the stage. (unless you go MK, Pit, or maybe Kirby, and possibly other characters to stop it.)

EDC for positioning.... that's unbeatable? Your theory does not impress me.
~KBizzle

No matter what though, Planking is definitely beatable. Anti-ban also often refers to the highest levels of play for their reasoning, and planking is obviously beatable at top levels of play, again making them the perfect candidates to answer the question as to why Planking has been banned.

~The Gifted Unknown

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
To clarify the rule confusion:
Infinite Dimensional Cape (IDC) is banned officially.
Extended Dimensional Cape (EDC) is not banned at all.
The Ledgegrab Rule is not established officially, many tournaments use it, though (which means Planking isn't banned either).
Aircamping/Airplanking is not banned at all.

Edit: Sorry, got words confused, lol.

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
~KBizzle

No matter what though, Planking is definitely beatable. Anti-ban also often refers to the highest levels of play for their reasoning, and planking is obviously beatable at top levels of play, again making them the perfect candidates to answer the question as to why Planking has been banned.

~The Gifted Unknown
iknorite!!

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
To clarify the rule confusion:
Infinite Dimensional Cape (IDC) is banned officially.
Extended Dimensional Cape (EDC) is not banned at all. But it should be banned.
The Ledgegrab Rule is not established officially, many tournaments use it, though (which means Planking isn't banned either).
Aircamping/Airplanking is not banned at all.

Edit: Sorry, got words confused, lol.

Fixed for ya.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
You know what's really sad?

There are techniques people are finding and keeping to themselves for the sole purpose of not letting MK players find out about them. lol

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i don't really see how "air planking" could be justifiably banned. it's simply playing defensively and once again playing to MK's strengths and exploiting almost every other character's weakness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom