• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fourth and final community vote about Meta Knight.

Should Meta Knight be banned from competitive Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Trolling is saying something to intentionally elicit emotional responses from other people. For example, saying "Ike sucks" in the Ike boards would be trolling. Ren hasn't been trolling.

UberMario

Smash Master

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
MetaKnight creationist? rofl

Edit: saying that M2K sandbagged and that he bribes people without the slightest form of evidence is trolling.
m2k just plays the the snake matchup very aggressively. could he play it a bit more defensively? sure, but he was giving it his all.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Umm, so? Does that matter? No. I disagree with the method. Regardless if you've used it in the past. It's still arbitrary, and you're begging the question.
It's a standard...You disagreeing with it doesn't matter in the slightest.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Really unanimous? So 1 person thinking MK is beatable is still too many?

In a game where 75% of the people have used Mk to win a set(that possibly shouldn't have been won), it's amazing pro-ban even has the lead. Ren is right, MK is like their income. Why would you vote to ban a character that pays your bills?
Obviously I don't mean it has to be 100%.

Please, you act like every random scrub who picks up MK starts winning. Are you kidding?

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I think the fact that this is the fourth vote and each time pro ban wins should say something. It's obvious more people want him gone than not. If this wasn't a topic that was important, it wouldn't be reoccurring so often with the same results.

I love how everyone magically gives a **** about random scrub #4,526 when it comes to their pro-ban vote which is solely based on the fact that his cousin Jordan constantly kicks his Ganon's *** up and down with MK.

I personally agree with the 2/3rds thing...mainly because this community can be lulzy

Edit:
Diddy has counter characters?

o.O
Luigi? Jiggz? Marth? Any characters that don't get completely wrecked by Diddy's nanners I suppose.

Palpi

Smash Hero
MetaKnight creationist? rofl

Edit: saying that M2K sandbagged and that he bribes people without the slightest form of evidence is trolling.
m2k just plays the the snake matchup very aggressively. could he play it a bit more defensively? sure, but he was giving it his all.
M2k just beat ally at evo09 right?

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Diddy has counter characters?

o.O
Luigi? Thank god no one mains Luigi, lawlawlawlawlawl.

I love how everyone magically gives a **** about random scrub #4,526 when it comes to their pro-ban vote which is solely based on the fact that his cousin Jordan constantly kicks his Ganon's *** up and down with MK.

I personally agree with the 2/3rds thing...mainly because this community can be lulzy
I lol'd.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
lmao

Edit: Luigi? Jiggz? Marth? Any characters that don't get completely wrecked by Diddy's nanners I suppose.
The only character that seems to be legit enough to be called "counter" is probably Peach.

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
Pro ban = stubborn as rocks

You could find a character with a 0 death infinite on him, and they'd still make up some **** about MK can easily avoid it ololol, or something like it's only one counter

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
A standard it is. Albeit an incredibly arbitrary one.
And how exactly could we define a majority without it being arbitrary? You are talking like we didn't discuss it.

D

Deleted member

And how exactly could we define a majority without it being arbitrary? You are talking like we didn't discuss it.
Crack a ****ing dictionary open. A majority refers to the greater number of people.

RDK

Smash Hero
A standard it is. Albeit an incredibly arbitrary one.
How is "the majority" arbitrary? It has to come down to "play as MK or lose". That's what qualifies as overcentralization.

It's actually the exact opposite of arbitrary. What pro-ban wants to do is draw a line in the sand and use that as a benchmark. Talk about stupid.

Hyro

Smash Lord
can we have votes to ban other characters? i want to see what the difference would look like between a poll to ban snake and a poll to ban metaknight
Haha, people don't complain as much but I bet we'd easily have 3/4 to ban Diddy.

Hmm...4 polls, always a little over 3% vote to ban MK. But it's not a clear majority, so he stays unbanned. Now if he started off banned, and 53% voted to unban him, that wouldn't be a majority so he would stay banned. How come change has the disadvantage?

Obviously 3% isn't "so many people" so if there was change, what would be the problem? It's not like there'd be a lot more people who are unhappy...since the same amount of people (if not, a little MORE) would be happy.

Doesn't the fact that this thread is here clearly show there's a problem?

I'm gonna stop. I'm not good at arguing and I might confuse myself XD

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
*Grabs popcorn*

RDK vs DeLoRtEd1. Battle of the minds.

Their pro use of big words gets me hot n bothered.

Edit: 4 posts at the same time...this thread is too fast.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Just like you're wrong on the fact that Ledgestalling has been banned because of Meta Knight alone.
I don't give a ****, lol. You're just being obnoxious with your clenching onto that ban, you're almost like creationists in that matter.

All stuff regarding a "Diddy ban" is a joke. We're just using the same line of arguments Pro-Ban does. Or rather, poking fun at it. Just because it's not funny to you because you're a Meta Knight creatonist it doesn't mean we don't have our fun doing so.
As though you aren't clenching onto MK? Nearly every argument you've made has been flat out incorrect or completely subjective.

Pro-ban: 30% of money.
anti-ban: "not good enough"
pro-ban: "says who?"
anti-ban: "David sirlin sez ur a scrub and sf4 did it"

that's about it

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero

You could find a character with a 0 death infinite on him, and they'd still make up some **** about MK can easily avoid it ololol, or something like it's only one counter
1. Sheik and ICs already have a 0-death on him. and so does anybody else that can regrab him on a grab release on a walk off stage

2. if there was an actually useable 0-death on MK, i wouldnt ask for him to be banned, id main that character in an instant. as a matter of fact im going to go work on my IC CGs right now

Red Arremer

Smash Legend

Bowser has one, tho not extremely reliable.

Crack a ****ing dictionary open. A majority refers to the greater number of people.
In terms of polls, "winning" respectively "majority" has to be defined by those making the poll. If they think that 1% lead is enough, than so be it. If they think one side needs any other amount, then so be it. That's absolutely up to the creator of the poll.
Usually, 2/3 are a reasonable amount, since that means the greater majority desires something on the matter.

Furthermore, if Pro-Ban wins by 1%, that still would leave 49% of the community that are opposing this. That's still almost half. Not a neglectable minority, such as, say, 25%.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Well.. from what I'm seeing right now, it's just endless arguments just for the sake of arguing lol.
Yeah pretty much...

As though you aren't clenching onto MK? Nearly every argument you've made has been flat out incorrect or completely subjective.

Pro-ban: 30% of money.
anti-ban: "not good enough"
pro-ban: "says who?"
anti-ban: "David sirlin sez ur a scrub and sf4 did it"

that's about it
You cannot be serious...
just gtfo.

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
Only 22% of tournament placings are Meta Knight's. 22% =/= 75%. Stop making **** up.
You obviously didn't catch what I said then. "In a game where 75% of the people have used Mk to win a set(that possibly shouldn't have been won". I was losing a set to a luigi once, what did I do? I picked MK and won. The point is you don't have to place to use MK and steal a match.

I was playing a top player before. I had beat them the first match. Then they picked MK and won the rest. They went on to win the tourney. They didn't do anything wrong, its just that MK is a character to use when you don't have any other options.

D

Deleted member

How is "the majority" arbitrary? It has to come down to "play as MK or lose". That's what qualifies as overcentralization.

It's actually the exact opposite of arbitrary. What pro-ban wants to do is draw a line in the sand and use that as a benchmark. Talk about stupid.
Er, I don't think we're arguing the same thing. Saying "okay, from now on, everything has to be a 2/3 majority" is arbitrary. The numerical aspect is the arbitrary part, not the definition of majority.

51 is greater than 49. Too ****ing bad, boys and girls.

PS - look at the 2008 election. In a relative sense, Obama didn't win by much, but that's the way a) democracy and b) majority goes. No johns, thanks for playing.

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
1. Sheik and ICs already have a 0-death on him. and so does anybody else that can regrab him on a grab release on a walk off stage

2. if there was an actually useable 0-death on MK, i wouldnt ask for him to be banned, id main that character in an instant. as a matter of fact im going to go work on my IC CGs right now
Kill nana, problem solved

I'm taking about someone that cant be split up and has a decent grab range.

The shiek one can be escaped

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
You obviously didn't catch what I said then. "In a game where 75% of the people have used Mk to win a set(that possibly shouldn't have been won". I was losing a set to a luigi once, what did I do? I picked MK and won. The point is you don't have to place to use MK and steal a match.

I was playing a top player before. I had beat them the first match. Then they picked MK and won the rest. They went on to win the tourney. They didn't do anything wrong, its just that MK is a character to use when you don't have any other options.
Well duh. Meta Knight still is the best character in the game. Of course - if you play Meta Knight against a character who has trouble against him (Luigi), then clearly you are at a huge advantage.

Besides, I still can't believe all of those "then I picked Meta Knight and instantly whooped everyone's ***" or "then they picked Meta Knight and they instantly whooped my *** while I would've beaten them easily" stories. I utterly SUCK with Meta Knight. My *** gets whooped all the time if I use him. And I'd say I'm a decent player at the very least.

Besides, which character did that top player use before?

Palpi

Smash Hero
I'll continue the sentence for you. And every argument pro-ban has made has been factual evidence and not completely subjective thus warranting in a ban in standards that weren't randomly made up.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Are you arguing that a 51% vote should allow one side to win just because it isn't arbitrary or are you just nitpicking at my wording for no reason?

Either way...

RDK

Smash Hero
Er, I don't think we're arguing the same thing. Saying "okay, from now on, everything has to be a 2/3 majority" is arbitrary. The numerical aspect is the arbitrary part, not the definition of majority.

51 is greater than 49. Too ****ing bad, boys and girls.

PS - look at the 2008 election. In a relative sense, Obama didn't win by much, but that's the way a) democracy and b) majority goes. No johns, thanks for playing.
My bad, I thought you were talking about MK meeting the overcentralization criteria, not the poll. I agree with you that the poll is stupid, and there's no way it should be used to make a decision like this. Half of the people who voted on here don't even go to tournaments.

That being said, the SBR should be ashamed of themselves. The Smash community is a laughingstock of competitive fighters at this point.

D

Deleted member

You don't get it - I don't think the poll is stupid! I think the SBR is, and that's why we should be looking at the poll for the results of this ban. We didn't elect the SBR, we don't know what's happening in the SBR, and many of us don't agree (either side) with the SBR. It's a community vote or nothing. If nothing, the poll is incredibly telling.

Are you arguing that a 51% vote should allow one side to win just because it isn't arbitrary or are you just nitpicking at my wording for no reason?

Either way...

That's exactly what I'm saying. 51 is greater than 49. No johns.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
My bad, I thought you were talking about MK meeting the overcentralization criteria, not the poll. I agree with you that the poll is stupid, and there's no way it should be used to make a decision like this. Half of the people who voted on here don't even go to tournaments.

That being said, the SBR should be ashamed of themselves. The Smash community is a laughingstock of competitive fighters at this point.
Well there's only a handful of those people that voted on the poll that actually goes to competitions.. i'd say about 1/4 of the people that voted. Why don't we ever get 1000 person in one tournament? =P I'd say most people are scrubs lol and only 50-70 people can be considered high level players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom