• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fourth and final community vote about Meta Knight.

Should Meta Knight be banned from competitive Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
People actually think 51% is enough to ban a character?! With THIS poll?! What the ****?

That's it, I'm ****ing done with this thread. I've lost all hope in this debate. Don't bother responding to me, I'm done. Absolutely amazing.

Thanks world it was fun while it lasted.

/suicide
Agreed.

DONE!

/suicide

UberMario

Smash Master
That's exactly what I'm saying. 51 is greater than 49. No johns.
Of course there's an error of 4% or more because of multi-account-users.

66% still is the way to go. That way there's "NO CONTEST" in the words of the Brawl Announcer who's name eludes me at the moment.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
My bad, I thought you were talking about MK meeting the overcentralization criteria, not the poll. I agree with you that the poll is stupid, and there's no way it should be used to make a decision like this. Half of the people who voted on here don't even go to tournaments.

That being said, the SBR should be ashamed of themselves. The Smash community is a laughingstock of competitive fighters at this point.
Posts like this make me wonder why people don't read the first post.

You don't get it - I don't think the poll is stupid! I think the SBR is, and that's why we should be looking at the poll for the results of this ban.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Well there's only a handful of those people that voted on the poll that actually goes to competitions.. i'd say about 1/4 of the people that voted. Why don't we ever get 1000 person in one tournament? =P I'd say most people are scrubs lol and only 50-70 people can be considered high level players.
And on top of that, a good deal of users on that list are alternate accounts with less than 10 posts. :p

RDK

Smash Hero
You don't get it - I don't think the poll is stupid! I think the SBR is, and that's why we should be looking at the poll for the results of this ban. We didn't elect the SBR, we don't know what's happening in the SBR, and many of us don't agree (either side) with the SBR. It's a community vote or nothing.

Okay, you're not making any sense here. First of all, you think the SBR is stupid, and then you turn around and say the poll should be the deciding factor in the ban decision? WTF?

You do realize that not even 51% of the people who voted in this poll go to tournaments, right? You're a perfect example of the reason why this poll isn't determining whether or not MK is banned.

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
Well duh. Meta Knight still is the best character in the game. Of course - if you play Meta Knight against a character who has trouble against him (Luigi), then clearly you are at a huge advantage.

Besides, I still can't believe all of those "then I picked Meta Knight and instantly whooped everyone's ***" or "then they picked Meta Knight and they instantly whooped my *** while I would've beaten them easily" stories. I utterly SUCK with Meta Knight. My *** gets whooped all the time if I use him. And I'd say I'm a decent player at the very least.

Besides, which character did that top player use before?
They used snake

RDK

Smash Hero
Posts like this make me wonder why people don't read the first post.
Hylian, the fact that the SBR even made a poll means that they're a bunch of fools who don't know what they're doing. But they didn't just make one thread, did they? No. They made 4.

Yay SBR?

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
at the same token, 50.1 is greater than 49.9

okay, so, can this little 2/3 complaint stop? it is what it is for a reason.
even if it was 3/5 (60%) or 11/20 (55%), you would still complain...

then again, if the SBR vote is about 55% to pan, you wouldn't complain...

but like i said, it doesn't matter. it is what it is.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hylian, the fact that the SBR even made a poll means that they're a bunch of fools who don't know what they're doing. But they didn't just make one thread, did they? No. They made 4.

Yay SBR?
No, the SBR made one thread.

I am avidly against making these threads btw. I don't think this has any place here.

D

Deleted member

Okay, you're not making any sense here. First of all, you think the SBR is stupid, and then you turn around and say the poll should be the deciding factor in the ban decision? WTF?
I'm a little confused as to why you think these two contrast. Hylian stopped debating so let's just continue.

RDK

Smash Hero
No, the SBR made one thread.

I am avidly against making these threads btw. I don't think this has any place here.
Good, then we're in agreement. Why don't you lock it?

I'm a little confused as to why you think these two contrast. Hylian stopped debating so let's just continue.
You're honestly telling me you think that people who don't even play the game should contribute to whether or not a character is banned?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Good, then we're in agreement. Why don't you lock it?
Because I'm not the only one in charge of the SBR, and I was the minority.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I said so many absurd things and finally got sigged. YES! Twoskilld4u, im getting ur acceptance of my post in your sig in my signature.

lulz

D

Deleted member

You're honestly telling me you think that people who don't even play the game should contribute to whether or not a character is banned?
Lol, I know plenty of SBR members that barely play the game, but whatever. :dizzy: Applying limitations to who can vote and who can't is medieval, man. When you realize that, come talk to me.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Lol, I know plenty of SBR members that barely play the game, but whatever. :dizzy: Applying limitations to who can vote and who can't is medieval, man. When you realize that, come talk to me.
Great. Let's have the Chinese vote for American laws.

Palpi

Smash Hero
When you think 12 year olds who think items can be turned on and hate metaknight because his costumes are dumb or "their cousin jordan beats their ganondorf" should have a legitimate say on things, I am worried about your mental health.

WHAT KAGE SAID IS ALSO TRUE!

RDK

Smash Hero
Right. Let's throw out all sense of responsibility! Why not let Americans vote in Canadian elections, and vice versa? Couldn't hurt, could it?

Just throw the doors wide open! Anyone can do anything, no matter the qualifications or motives!

Palpi

Smash Hero
Right. Let's throw out all sense of responsibility! Why not let Americans vote in Canadian elections, and vice versa? Couldn't hurt, could it?

Just throw the doors wide open! Anyone can do anything, no matter the qualifications or motives!
Better idea, lets just stop doing everything. Just stand...in one spot..forever.

RDK, you're being stupid again.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
lol @ the point of SBR members not playing Brawl being either blown out of proportion and/or missed entirely.

D

Deleted member

So? Millions of people vote randomly in the elections without knowing anything about politics.
This. And that's just life. It's unavoidable and inevitable.

Whoever thinks I'm arguing for global elections is a moron. That's obviously not what I'm saying. (even though technically people with dual citizenships can vote remotely and not even visit the country during the president's term)

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
lol @ the point of SBR members not playing Brawl being either blown out of proportion and/or missed entirely.
It's blown out of proportion.
True, there are members in the SBR that don't play Brawl, but these people are actually generally very wise people that know a lot about tournament hosting in general and have contributed a huge lot to the Smash community.
These people are very helpful on their own, including supporting projects, and sharing their experiences.

Actually, as far as I know, these SBR members have decided to not vote in the SBR poll for this sole reason.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Seriously? This is your argument?

So Americans shouldn't be allowed to vote for laws that affect them?
What? No of course they can.. they can do whatever they want just like the SBR who has opened the door for everyone to vote.. the exact the same thing.

Edit: If the Government didn't want for the people to vote for a new government then they wouldn't.. it would be more of a secret society instead.. the things we don't know that's happening in the back.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Another reason why this entire Metaknight fiasco is so incredibly and needlessly stupid.

SBR member who don't play Brawl shouldn't be allowed to make decisions on Brawl, IF that's the case. Seeing as I haven't the slightest clue what goes on in the backroom, I'm also stupid for trying to comment on it. It's a vicious cycle.

RDK

Smash Hero
What? No of course they can.. they can do whatever they want just like the SBR who has opened the door for everyone to vote.. the exact the same thing.
No, it's not the same thing. Not even close. Only registered American citizens are allowed to vote in American elections because American laws effect American citizens.

I know you're having a hard time grasping this, but please try.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
No, it's not the same thing. Not even close. Only registered American citizens are allowed to vote in American elections because American laws effect American citizens.

I know you're having a hard time grasping this, but please try.
And only "Registered" Smashers are allowed to vote too, now don't even try to call me out on that.

RDK

Smash Hero
And only "Registered" Smashers are allowed to vote too, now don't even try to call me out on that.
You're still going to be dense?

So you're saying that random Joe Blow who doesn't even play Smash should be able to spend 5 seconds making a Smashboards account and vote in a poll that doesn't even remotely effect him?

Is this what you're saying?

Xerit

Smash Apprentice
In b4 alt account accusation #321445342

Ok honestly you two need to stop it.

Divinokage - You're making ridiculous and stupid comments. None of your arguments have really made any sense for a couple pages now.

RDK - You're being a pompous dork, wasting your time nitpicking arguments which already have holes in them big enough to hide a car in.

Stop it. Both of you.

D

Deleted member

You're still going to be dense?

So you're saying that random Joe Blow who doesn't even play Smash should be able to spend 5 seconds making a Smashboards account and vote in a poll that doesn't even remotely effect him?

Is this what you're saying?
This happens in EVERY ELECTION or POLL or SURVEY. Regional, national, provincial, federal, local, community...

You get uninformed, irrelevant, irresponsible voters...

That's what goes hand in hand with voting! You cannot eliminate it, you can only reduce it!

Divinokage

Smash Legend
This happens in EVERY ELECTION or POLL or SURVEY. Regional, national, provincial, federal, local, community...

You get uninformed, irrelevant, irresponsible voters...

That's what goes hand in hand with voting! You cannot eliminate it, you can only reduce it!
Exactly, I'm not dense. I am the truth! Haha! =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom