• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fourth and final community vote about Meta Knight.

Should Meta Knight be banned from competitive Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flayl

Smash Hero
What's going to happen is because of SBR's insistence on whining about a character that's beatable (which has been proven time and time again), there's going to be a split in the american smash community.

If that's what you wanted, good job.

Do you plan on making a SBR just for anti-banners too?

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Once again, I will say this.

Stop theory-crafting based on no evidence, belittling the mains of MK at the moment like M2K, Dojo, and Tyrant, and saying that MK is indestructable at top levels of play, based on again, NO EVIDENCE.

I could easily say that Ice Climbers are indestructable at the highest levels of play, but nobody's there yet, but they still warrant a ban. But that's a stupid argument, and everyone would agree.

That's what you're saying.
No evidence?
Air planking, nearly impossible to gimp, downB to escape practically everything, tons of quick, unnecessarily powerful attacks with nice priority, and that's not evidence.

All IC's got going for them (to warrant a ban) are the grabs. And maybe the Ice Lock.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I wonder, if we ban MK, how long will it be before we ban Snake?

noradseven

Smash Lord
^^^^ thats my problem ^^^^

Also anyone that says MK is the most broken thing ever allow me to list things that are more far more broke

Juctice/Kliff from GG
Petshop from jojo's
Toki from HnK
Akuma from SFII
Storm from MvC2
Karas from TvC
Hell even nu13 and sagat from the new BB and SFIV are just as bad as MK if not worse

Cloud9157

Smash Journeyman
Gianfranco, I love how you think we just ***** because we cannot beat MKs.

You have to play near perfect if you and the MK are equal in skill. If they **** up and make some mistakes, its no problem (Except for ICs of course). However, If they get you in the air, get *****. ONE MISTAKE is all it takes to pretty much lose the stock against a MK. And you can't compare ICs to MK in this case, since MK will get you to mess up more than the ICs will, since its more than one thing with MK, as opposed to the ICs.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
And there we were, on an internet forum, about video games, calling people nerds.
who are you?

have you seen inui's picture? jesus christ the dude's level of nerdiness is so extreme i dont know how he's able to muster up the courage to go out in public for smash tournaments.

swordgard

Smash Hero
No evidence?
Air planking, nearly impossible to gimp, downB to escape practically everything, tons of quick, unnecessarily powerful attacks with nice priority, and that's not evidence.

All IC's got going for them (to warrant a ban) are the grabs. And maybe the Ice Lock.
Lolol.

You sir, obviously know nothing of the game.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
The elites of this world make the decisions. Look at almost every nation. Congressman and other leaders make the decisions. Nothing is different here. I'm surprised this even counts for 10%. If it were my call, only the SBR would have any say. The top players and top hosts should be making the call.
I may hit you for this TERRIBLE comparison.
Shame.
I need an objection GIF for you too.

Anyway, the elites of the world do not necessarily make all the decisions, often, they typically have the sway those below, the more numerous lower classes.
For example the ability of the President to use the people in order to influence Congress' decisions.

It isn't that they simply make the decisions,it is simply because those below them allow it.
So it isn't logical to say that the top players and top hosts should make the call. Especially considering they also have their own ideas on the matter that my not necessarily be correct.

Second, the SBR is far from equatable to a governmental body, which has the ability to enforce the laws that it has set. The SBR is far from a governmental body because it lacks the ability to enforce the rules it creates. On that basis alone the comparison is invalid.

Thirdly, considering the magnitude of this debate, it really cannot be left alone to the elite.
Certainly some of the elite may want MK to remain unbanned, they are gaining a profit from tournaments, tournament hosts earn a profit in that they continue attracting players who are using among the most popular characters out there.

This is something that affects the ENTIRE community, to not allow the community to voice their opinion would be terrible. Not only would this alienate the lower levels of players, it would certainly cause a split in the community if only the elite players were allowed to decide.

If anything, it should account for more considering that the elite is grossly outnumbered by those of lower level. Let alone it isn't as if the elite players are trying to represent the voice of those lower level players either.

Granted, there are many talented and brilliant people (ShadowLink84, NEO, ADHD, etc.) that aren't back there, but exposing the poll to the public like this...allows a flood of the not-so-smart to pour in and poison the results.
LOL WUT!?
ME!?
BRILLIANT AND TALENTED!?
Surely you jest.

Now I shall slam my hands upon my desk and wag my finger at you while i object to your ideals and arguments!

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=3174015

Joking aside, I do agree that idiots WILL vote and they WILL poison the results with their illogical, and ignorant reasoning, however, it is unavoidable.
I do think though that even with skewing, the results will indicate the views of the community (most likely split) and will offer an idea as to what should be done regarding MK.

IMO I hate MK, he is a tit with a face mask for a nipple protector, and the fact that he has option select and pulls off all kinds of safe maneuvers and even when those are threatened (as in the case of snake) he still has PLENTY of of options that are numerous and effective.

Even so I'll have to vote no, logically speaking, he isn't breaking the game, and while i hate his existence, I do think he is very well beatable.

swordgard said:
You sir, obviously know nothing of the game.
YOU ARE WRONG!
SCREW POINTING OUT THE FALLACIES IN YOUR ARGUMENT!

If you cannot defeat someone's argument logically, do not post, and I know you can articulate your arguments properly.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
No evidence?

I almost took this seriously, except for this:

downB to escape practically everything

IcyLight

Smash Lord
^^^^ thats my problem ^^^^

Also anyone that says MK is the most broken thing ever allow me to list things that are more far more broke

Juctice/Kliff from GG
Petshop from jojo's
Toki from HnK
Akuma from SFII
Storm from MvC2
Karas from TvC
Hell even nu13 and sagat from the new BB and SFIV are just as bad as MK if not worse
nu is pretty gay, i agree, but sagat is NOT BROKEN stop saying that

Inui

Banned via Warnings
He didn't use Wolf against me. lrn2researchgayboy

He used Snake against me in all 3 matches.

That's nice and all, but it doesn't change what I said. Ether isn't a top player. He has never been strong in singles. You didn't take out some big name with your (terrible) MK.

Also doubles doesn't matter in this discussion and since you claim you only care about doubles, I don't understand why the **** you are in the SBR.

I didn't bring up doubles as mattering, fool. I am in the SBR because I am a top player and a top host and an active poster. I am the type of person the SBR is designed for. Of course, your bias blinds you to that fact. How sad it must be, to be so ignorant.

Change your tshirt once in awhile, research, then die cancer.
I don't even understand where this nonsense came from. I wear a clean shirt every day. I am highly knowledgable and research things consistently.

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
I read both arguments, and one argument was particularly effective on making me vote to their side, one which I people are throwing aside too easily.

I really can't wait for the results, whichever way it goes it'll be nice to see. It'll be good to see the "omg ban MK" talks end if he's not banned, and if he is banned I can't wait to see the fallout. The thread announcing it will be an epic one indeed.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
who are you?

have you seen inui's picture? jesus christ the dude's level of nerdiness is so extreme i dont know how he's able to muster up the courage to go out in public for smash tournaments.
I am laughing so ****ing hard right now. Seriously, do you know ****ing anything about nerds or the tourney scene? ANYTHING?

Cloud9157-You know nothing and you have a terrible name. =/

MJG

Smash Hero
Those of us involved in writing these arguments wish to express our thanks to everyone who reads them fully before voting. We put a lot of work into it and appreciate your time reading.

Thank you! ^_^
it took awhile to read but yea..i dont mind fighting MKs..its just lame how they can come back easily from a simple down air once you go off stage XD

BSP

Smash Legend
Metaknight Is Soooooooooooo Broken

He's Too Fast

He Can Recover Better Than Everyone Else

He Is Really Strong

He Is Tornado

He Can Disappear Forever

He Can Airdodge

He Has Good Taunts
But he's also light and has no projectile. It's not like he's unbeatable. the player with the most skill will win. Tornado isn't invincible also.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
vote pro ban if you support freedom and america and pretty ladies(or guys if you swing that way) and puppies!

stingers

Smash Obsessed
That ****ing Tool said:
I didn't bring up doubles as mattering, fool. I am in the SBR because I am a top player and a top host and an active poster. I am the type of person the SBR is designed for. Of course, your bias blinds you to that fact. How sad it must be, to be so ignorant.
he actually thinks people care about what he says when he posts like this :laugh:

oh my god inui you're just making a fool out of yourself...SHUT UP

jbandrew

Smash Lord
Inui's post are so fun to read xD. He's like a lawyer over the internet that backs up what he sais and puts you in his place while he's at it! lol too good

M@v

Subarashii!
I lol Hard if this vote is an overwhelming yes, but he still doesn't get banned. Yay for SBR mk mains ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom