• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fourth and final community vote about Meta Knight.

Should Meta Knight be banned from competitive Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Famous

Smash Champion
Stop saying that like a dumb c***. Before ally started beating him, everyone thought that M2K was the undisputed best brawler. Now some(emphasis on some) people think that M2K isn't that good and ally just may be better. Why the **** would M2K want to lose all that credit he had on puropse?
M2K is the best smasher, period...Just because he's splitting/placing second a few times doesn't override the dozens he's won...Melee and Brawl

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I love Mk but... he plays well on all stages.... and has no bad matchups. However it's not like he has a 70:30 on 90% of the cast. Some matchups are fairly even such as Snake and Wario.

Can you guess what I voted for? Does this even matter? He's not going to get banned either way.... (correct me if I'm wrong...)

C.box

Smash Journeyman
Can I have a yellow name if I vote yes/no? :3

Cmonnnnn pleeease

Or one of those really cool darkish white ones?

PLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEASSSSSSSSEEEEE

/me gets banned

Sad face

From what show is your avatar from? I remember that from something I saw a long time ago but I can't remember the name.

Lol@non helpful posts

Ills

Smash Apprentice
Part if it is that we treat this game like Melee. It isn't, and the growing pains were spectacular, especially the initial storm when the game was first released. Some people refuse to adapt to the game and that's why we have Brawl+. It isn't a bad thing, but it isn't a good thing either that we place square pegs into round holes or at least attempt to.

I don't know what I'm getting at.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I enjoyed Apex and the venue there. Just letting you know.
Uh... Thanks?

Debunked in one word:
Democracy
This isn't a democracy.

M2K sandbagged at Genesis. (He still took home the most money, his characte didn't get banned though)

Look at EVO results.

M2k is a genius, he knows how to keep going. Lose a little now and then, and he'll get more later.

Keep your baseless slander to yourself, you ignorant fool.

Mew2King is my friend. I was at that event. I was at Apex.

He does NOT sandbag. He is extremely prideful. Ally refused to split both times, and Mew2King wasn't going to give up hundreds of dollars just to help the anti-ban side.

Do not slander my friend

I picked up metaknight in January.

Since then i attended 6-8 tournaments and haven taken out players that have more experience because they have attended more tournaments than I have.

Apex was my fourth tournament and first round I get Turboether, while he may not be a popular smasher he does have more tourny experience than me and I took him out in Winner's Bracket.

Can anyone explain this to me?

no offense to turbo you're a cool guy
/thread

When will you learn that you are garbage? None of what you just said matters. Ether doesn't even exist in singles (he is godlike in doubles, though), and I heard he was just messing around with Wolf at that tournament instead of using Snake.

You didn't beat a legit top player with your MK. You can't. MK isn't a free win. Good players will wreck you.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
cool story bro.

Lets safely say then to stop your BS talk that the "new accounts" account for 4% of the votes? Is that fair? I'm sure pro ban will succeedby a huge margin.

Get an argument.

Stop talking.
Stop being an elitist prick with no humor.

Play Melee.

Edit-Hurray for Inui being gay, so that someone could go lol at Ophelia.

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
Metaknight Is Soooooooooooo Broken

He's Too Fast

He Can Recover Better Than Everyone Else

He Is Really Strong

He Is Tornado

He Can Disappear Forever

He Can Airdodge

He Has Good Taunts

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
@link

Oh darn! On MK's counterpick! He has the advantage! WTF THIS HAPPENS FOR NO OTHER CHARACTER!!1
wait.

Oyeahlol, on Snake's counterpick he can have the advantage too! Or Diddy's counterpick!
OR ALL COUNTERPICKS.

lolwut.

Clearly Akuma can't hit you 4 times for death.
Unless you're talking about an instant dizzy combo, but everyone has those.
Akuma's is easier to use, but still, everyone can't use it effectively.
But still, at the highest level of the game, it's AKuma or die. Thus, he was banned.

MK is practically the same thing. We just haven't seen a consistently skilled, unfun metaknight play and win.
So basically what you're saying is:

"MK is basically like the most broken thing ever, with all of the broken things he can do, and he's definitely such a bad character but nobody's playing him to his potential obviously, so with no evidence to support my statement I think he should be banned because if someone played him really well they wouldn't be able to be beaten!"

*votes to ban meta*

For Xyro, it doesnt matter which side wins. I have and will continue to ban metaknight. There are too many people out there who just flatout dont know what meta is doing to the scene.
Thanks for telling me what MK is doing to the scene. But I'm influenced, because you're an experienced TO so that obviously means you can't be wrong in any argument.

You do bring up a good point though; the S.B.R. ban on MK won't have a universal effect. Even if they don't ban MK, there will still probably be tournament leagues (like HOBO) with him banned, and even if they ban MK, there will still probably be regions (midwest) with him not banned.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Snake/Marth's counterpicks flourish as well.
Okay.
Yeah.

OHWAIT.

/I want less Olimars - let's keep MK around. kthxb

totally keep them olimars down :p.

I just really don't think MK owns across the board hard enough to warrent a hard ban...Im kinda all for a soft ban on MK/snake though they are p. gay.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
Uh... Thanks?

This isn't a democracy.

Keep your baseless slander to yourself, you ignorant fool.

Mew2King was my friend. I was at that event. I was at Apex.

He does NOT sandbag. He is extremely prideful. Ally refused to split both times, and Mew2King wasn't going to give up hundreds of dollars just to help the anti-ban side.

Do not slander my friend

When will you learn that you are garbage? None of what you just said matters. Ether doesn't even exist in singles (he is godlike in doubles, though), and I heard he was just messing around with Wolf at that tournament instead of using Snake.

You didn't beat a legit top player with your MK. You can't. MK isn't a free win. Good players will wreck you.
He didn't use Wolf against me. lrn2researchgayboy

He used Snake against me in all 3 matches. Also doubles doesn't matter in this discussion and since you claim you only care about doubles, I don't understand why the **** you are in the SBR.

Change your tshirt once in awhile, research, then die cancer.

Famous

Smash Champion
Half are alts, the other half are people from AiB.

Either way, they're just skewing the results and making this poll worthless.
Lol, the non-ban side is growing dramatically....I just realized that over half of the SBR mains or seconds MK...

But yeah, this poll is pretty much worthless...Learn to **** MK people

Cloud9157

Smash Journeyman
SuSa, considering ROB outcamps him to hell, Snake already lost one of his best advantages.

Snake won't be killing him anytime soon (by Snake's standards), and ROB gimps him easily.

Master Raven

Smash Master
cool story bro.

Lets safely say then to stop your BS talk that the "new accounts" account for 4% of the votes? Is that fair? I'm sure pro ban will succeedby a huge margin.

Get an argument.

Stop talking.
lol when did I say anything about a relationship between the results and the new accounts?

I simply found it amusing.

And I can talk as much as I want, sorry. ;)

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Debunked in one word:
Democracy
Really?

There isn't a true democracy in the world right now for any major power. Last I checked we have a representative democracy, where we elect people and then they do whatever the hell they feel like doing.

Essentially, we choose, out of the elite, who gets power over us for the next few years. Clearly the small man has control.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Hey Ophelia.

He didn't say he only cares about doubles.

Learn to read and stop being an ***.

@POF-I'm not giving a **** til you do the whole **** dinnar.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
I wanna highlight this point, "MK isn't a free win. Good players will wreck you."

Once again, I will say this,
just because people don't use MK to his fullest potential doesn't mean at the highest level, MK isn't broken.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Also, because (funnily enough) nobody in Pro-ban side directly targetted this argument, I'm going to post it again and keep posting it until I get a response.

Pro-ban, ask me these questions:

Why now is a ban necessary? You've been using the same argument for a year, and the MK "problem" has only gotten better, yet people are still fussing on about how MK will only get worse, and he's dominating tournament results, etc.

Let's look at something.

This has been said since November, and since November, his overall tournament results have declined. While he still is in the lead for best results, they aren't nearly as bad as half a year ago. Look at the two most recent, most competitive, largest Brawl tournaments; Apex and Genesis. A lot of people said, "Let's wait for Apex!" It happened. One out of the top eight was a pure MK main I believe, with two or three others using him as a secondary in some matches. Ally, a Snake main, won Apex. Most people said, "Let's wait for Genesis!" 3 out of the top 8 were pure MK mains, no one else using him. Ally, a Snake, won Genesis.

These results have a decent decline from other large tournaments such as hobo11 and CoT4 in the past, yet people are saying that MK's tournament results will only grow. They've shrunk. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that his tournament placings will get better.

First of all, what exactly is an even match-up? If you're really on-paper-picky, then even match-ups don't exist except for ditto matches (but even then, port priority). But realistically, an even match-up is just a match-up where it's very close, and the more skilled player will generally win. And the top players are pretty close in skill.

To say that MK has no even or close enough to even match-ups is hard, given the evidence. Ally, a Snake main, has gone back and forth with M2K, an MK main, as well as beating other top MKs. Lain, an Ice Climbers main, beat Dojo and M2K, both MK mains, at Apex. ADHD, a Diddy main, has beaten Dojo in an MM at Apex and come very close to beating both M2K and Tyrant in previous sets.

If MK had a clear advantage on every one of his match-ups, why would things like this be happening?

If you want to argue the match-up specifics of why I think that he has even MUs like Snake, ICs. and Diddy, then go ahead and challenge me, because I don't feel like writing out long match-up summaries. I will say this though; Diddy Kong especially has only improved in this match-up since it's been explored, and he has a lot of known technical room to grow, such as single banana locking and working out the kinks of mid-ranged zoning, room to grow in the match-up that MK doesn't have. These match-ups are looking worse for MK as time goes on.

First: Snake and Diddy Kong.

Second: Planking and aircamping have been known for ages, The infamous Plank vs. SK92 match where Plank...well...planked and played very campy was a match from September of last year. It's late July now. Everybody knows about the match, everybody knows about planking and air-camping, INCLUDING MK mains. If they wanted to have planked every match to net a win by now, they'd do it.

But not only do many people choose not to play like that because it's boring and not fun for them (M2K being a good example of this), many don't do it much even if they could because they aren't horribly broken. A good chunk of the cast has a very safe answer to planking, and EVERYONE can get past planking and air-camping by simply approaching. Is it safe? Not always. Do we know the specifics of what each character can do against planking and air-camping? No. So should people stop saying, "LOL IT'S BROKED BAN EET" and actually try to find out how good or bad it is before they say it's bannable? Yes.

People have been saying that since November.

It's late July now.

Hey, guess what, competitive Brawl still exists! And look, all of the signs, such as his match-ups and tournament placings, show that his lead on the cast that he once held is now, in fact, slipping! There's no evidence to suggest that the meta-game will deteriorate, especially since people have been saying that for over half a year and the situations only gotten better!

There is no logical reason to ban MK at this point. While the scare back in November or whatever was understandable, the situation's gotten better, and pro-ban is using the exact same argument. If competitive Brawl would have died, it would have happened by now. There is no evidence to suggest that MK will have some broken new tech, or MK will dominate results in the future. Even if there was, you don't ban things pre-emptively because you theory-craft that they MIGHT be bad. You ban them when they're a problem.

Meta Knight is not a problem, and Meta Knight will not be a problem.

Meta Knight should not be banned.

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
Metaknight Is Soooooooooooo Broken

He's Too Fast

He Can Recover Better Than Everyone Else

He Is Really Strong

He Is Tornado

He Can Disappear Forever

He Can Airdodge

He Has Good Taunts

IDC is banned and every character can air dodge. Try again

Gianfranco

Smash Rookie
Lol, why do you guys keep getting angry on a kid's party game?
i mean, if you can't adjust to the normal rules of any game, you suck.
why? because you're inferior than the game. that's low. banning characters, banning stages, etc. whimpy methods to win. how about PLAYING THE GAME NORMALLY, INSTEAD OF WHINING ON INTERNET BOARDS?!

look, it's this all this thread:

Pro ban:
OMG YES THE CHARACTER I CAN'T WIN AGAINST IT'S GOING TO BE BANNED!

No Ban:
GUESS YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH SKILL TO MAKE UP FOR MY ABILITIES.

that, and this:

Stop getting mad at videogames. Stop Getting mad on a child's party game

oh, and this:

Stop whining on internet boards about your lack of skill.

and if you deny this, well.... whatever. i know i am right, and you will not make me think otherwise.

bobson

Smash Lord
If Metaknight gets banned by the SBR, will Ankoku's tourney rankings stop accepting tournaments where he's unbanned like it does with ones where he's banned now?

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
IDC is banned.
So don't do it infinitely. :o

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
I wanna highlight this point, "MK isn't a free win. Good players will wreck you."

Once again, I will say this,
just because people don't use MK to his fullest potential doesn't mean at the highest level, MK isn't broken.
Once again, I will say this.

Stop theory-crafting based on no evidence, belittling the mains of MK at the moment like M2K, Dojo, and Tyrant, and saying that MK is indestructable at top levels of play, based on again, NO EVIDENCE.

I could easily say that Ice Climbers are indestructable at the highest levels of play, but nobody's there yet, but they still warrant a ban. But that's a stupid argument, and everyone would agree.

That's what you're saying.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
inui thinks he's so damn smart and badass cuz he's using miles edgeworth sprites in his arguments

lmfao what a goddamn nerd

Scidadle

Smash Champion
Captain Falcon should be banned in melee for his Sexy Manliness and him having his own tier etc...

Btw, I don't play brawl so I don't give a ****.
This is entertaining

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom