• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FoD or Green Greens?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Whoever says Green Greens is going to get punched in the face.
jk.

No, but really. Yeah.
<_<

Fountain of Dreams was awesome.

Atria

Smash Journeyman
Fountains of Dreams by far. I like it how the stage layout is like another battlefield. (cause I like that stage too.) I don't like Green Greens as much because of the Whispy Woods in the middle being a hazard by blowing wind and sometimes he spawns apples which can damage you if they land on you which I find both of these potential hazards to be very annoying.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Fountain of Dreams.

I miss that stage, used to be my absolute favorite='(
Yes, true that FoD was pretty small, but at least it didn't have hazards getting thrown at you left and right. Green Greens has to be the most hazard-filled tournament legal stage I've ever seen. Bombs dropping, wind blowing you the wrong way, and apples to fall on you!
Plus FoD's msuic was TEH UBER PWNAGE.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
FoD, definitely. For 2 resons:

1- Kirby's Adventure was an awesome game, you gotta have a stage from it.
2- FoD is much better since there's no gimicks, but there are a lot at Green Greens

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
I never played FoD. And I love the havoc that green greens brings. It's so random, one of the best levels for being an idiot with items on.

Titanium Dragon

Smash Journeyman
While FoD was rather pretty, honestly there are enough Battlefields in the game already, and while a better stage than battlefield as you cannot fly underneath the whole thing, I'd rather have Green Greens as it is different, as opposed to more of the same.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
I always hated the fact there were 4 battlefield clones in melee, and Green greens layout is different to any other smash stage, plus it has 2 more unique hazards than just having wispy woods blowing wind.

But I must admit that the visuals in FoD is the best out of all the smash stages though.

Originality: Green greens
Visuals: Fountain of dreams
Playability: Fountain of dreams

But I don't care for both of them to be honest.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
fountain. The next super smash brothers needs an upload feature. Then they won't have to make new game unless switching systems. We could UPLOAD fountain of dreams (= and teh epic and always favorite melee final destination.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
FoD is way better because I played Melee and fought at FoD, and it was a great match, but I kept getting stuck under the blocks at GreenGreens while I was Adventure, so I had like 2 lives left, which really sucks...

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Fountain of Dreams, it's playable, beautiful, pure Kirby series, mixed in with one of the best and most epic songs in all of gaming. Is just pure awesome.

chandy

Smash Journeyman
I never felt much for FoD but I loath Green greens as it's my worse stage... Whnevr ppl counterpick it I half the time no contest coz i get so annoyed at the stage... So defo FoD.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Who ever don't like Green Greens don't know the true meaning of Kirby. Green Greens is the most poupler stage in Kirby history and the main reason why it stayed. Fountan of Dreams appered in three Kirby games which were Kirby Adventrue, Kirby Super Star, and Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland. The song was made up in Melee, then the idea was put in Nightmare in Dreamland while Green Greens was already made before Melee was made.

So my choice, Green Greens because this stage rep's Kirby the most.

Edited: I forgot both Green Greens and Fountan of Dreams was on Kirby Super Star Ultra as well.

MoonGhost

Smash Rookie
I know what you mean with Green Greens being a signature stage, but couldn't they have brought back the Dream Land stage from SSB instead? I like that one way better than GG. However, I like Fountain of Dreams the most. I was so disappointed when I found out that it didn't return in Brawl. Whyyyy? Stupid Big Blue gets to come back...

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Green Greens was my favorite stage in Melee and I'm glad it's back ^_^

it's possibly my best counterpick stage >.>

Esoteric

Smash Apprentice
I'd rather have Field of Dreams in the game instead of Green Greens. Neither would be fine, but Green Greens is just awful.

Top Bottom