• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FMOI's Electric Schuffle! Zeonstar is the champ!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE 9/28: PLEASE READ!

Thank you to everyone who particpated. Oddly enough, things actually went smoother this time around than last time and I'm glad so many talented players got to participate. Zeonstar has won my second tournament in a row; can he be dethroned? Find out in my next tournament! Details should be posted by midnight tomorrow. Again, thanks for making this tournament a blast and hopefully the next one will be just as good.

Sincerely,

Fatmanonice

Here is the chatroom we'll be using:

... the chatroom belongs to a friend of mine, excuse the name...

IMPORTANT UPDATE 9/24: Signups are now closed. If you still want to participate, simply leave a post saying that you want to be a sub. Depending on your skill level, which I will test, I may allow you to sub in higher rounds if people don't show up. If I have fought you before, this test won't be nessecary and I'll determine which rounds you can be "injected" into. SUBS WILL NOT BE MADE IN THE QUARTER FINALS AND ABOVE SO DON'T ASK!

FMOI's Presents Electric Schuffle!

A Megaman Themed Online Tournament.

In light of the success of Geno Bash, I have decided to hold yet another online tournament with the prize being a VC game that a buttload of people want. This time around, it’s Megaman 9. Capcom has made an insanely smart move by taking a step back and creating a game that fans have been pandering for, for years. I absolutely love the original Megaman games and, to celebrate, I’m holding this tournament. The Grand prize, of course, is Megaman 9 but I have deciding to include a prize for whoever gets second place. That prize is Megaman 2, acclaimed by many to be not only the best Megaman game ever made but one of the best platformers ever made too.

Before you get too excited though, I think you should take a look at the rules for this tournament because it has a special catch. This is not a tournament for the faint of heart. If you are not confident in your skills or have a hard time adjusting to new situations, don’t sign up. This is for the truly dedicated Smash players so bring nothing but your best if you dare sign up. Fear is for queers, gals and guys, and there’s no room for it here.

Regarding signing up, I do not judge people on their post count or join date, HOWEVER, if you’ve only been here for like a month and/or only come on like once a week, do not sign up unless you are serious about taking part in this. Several people in the first round of Geno Bash were disqualified for simply not showing up with no explanation and it was really annoying because I had to find subs to make the tournament go smoothly.

General rules:

1. 3 stock, no items, and no time limit.

2. Only two characters can be used in the tournament, your decided main and their “opposite.” (See diagram below)

3. Winner has to switch characters upon… winning… You can only win a set by winning with both of your characters. If I were you, I’d start practicing with your “opposite” as soon as you read this. You basically have a two week notice so please review rules 7, 8, and 9.

4. First stage is agreed on by both players. Loser picks the next stage.

5. Quitting, restarting the match, stalling for longer than 10 seconds (like with Mario's cape stalling or Jigglypuff's rising pound), and purposely SDing will lead to disqualification.

6. Chain grabs, spamming, suicides (like Ganondorf's and King Dedede’s) and locks are allowed. No johns about players who do any of these things excessively. It’s YOUR fault if you can’t get past them. Play to win. All of these are legitimate strategies and can be overcome. Personally, I’d recommend counterpicking stages if you really have a problem with them.

7. No pissing.

8. No moaning.

9. A combination of 7 and 8 will not be tolerated either.

10. After a set (best 2 out of 3 until the Finals which will be 3 out of 5), either player should report the results here.

Characters and their “Opposites”

Review the following chart before choosing which character you want to use in the tourney. In the Megaman games, almost every major enemy character has a weakness and doesn’t have a true advantage over every character and I wanted to bring this idea to life here. By doing this, I believe I have created a sort of system of balance. If you choose the best character (Metaknight), you’re going to need to carry the weight of the worst (Captain Falcon). The purpose of this tournament is to test people’s skill levels and help them become enriched by traveling into (usually) uncharted waters.

Important update 9/24: All character combinations are allowed again. Previously, I stopped ROB/Yoshi, Zelda/Olimar, and the vice versa of each because of the large number of people who signed up as them. Now, the variety of entries has increased and people can once again sign up as them. If you want to change to one of these, you are allowed to do so but I will revive the limitations if there is a flood of people who try to do so.

Meta Knight-Captain Falcon
Snake- Link
King Dedede- Ganondorf
Mr. Game & Watch- Jigglypuff
Falco-Sonic
R.O.B.- Yoshi

High
Marth-Samus
Wario- Pokemon Trainer
Lucario- Mario
Donkey Kong- Ness
Diddy Kong- Lucas
Pikachu- Shiek
Ice Climbers- Ike
Kirby- Peach
Pit- Luigi
Wolf- Bowser

Middle
Toon Link- Zero Suit Samus
Olimar- Zelda
Fox- Because Fox is middle of mid tier, he’s the only character you can use if you choose him.
Zelda- Olimar
Zero Suit Samus- Toon Link
Bowser- Wolf
Luigi- Pit
Peach- Kirby
Ike- Ice Climbers
Sheik- Pikachu

Low
Lucas- Diddy Kong
Ness- Donkey Kong
Mario- Lucario
Pokémon Trainer- Wario
Samus- Marth
Yoshi- ROB
Sonic- Falco
Jigglypuff- Mr. Game and Watch
Ganondorf- King Dedede
Link- Snake
Captain Falcon- Metaknight

IMPORTANT UPDATE 2, 9/15: If you choose Samus/ZSS or Zelda/Shiek, you are not allowed to transform during your matches. If you are used to doing this to better suit certain matchups, you'll need to learn how to adjust for this tournament. If you are playing Zelda/Shiek and accidently transform, both players must stop and allow the Zelda/Shiek to transform back. If the Zelda/Shiek continues to fight after transforming, the match automatically goes to the opposing player. If the other player attacks the Zelda/Shiek while they are transforming back, the Zelda/Shiek player is given the match. Please keep both in mind while in matches like this. Those who try to abuse this rule will be dealt the same punishments. Honestly folks, it's not that hard to stay as Zelda/Shiek an entire match.

IMPORTANT UPDATE 3, 9/15: Don't know which end is up with your character's opposite? I main the entire cast and can teach skills/techs up to the intermediate level with all of them. I can help you train during the weekend but it's first come first serve. If you can't find me, I highly recommend looking for people who main your character's opposite in the SWF Friend Finder and checking out the various character boards for addition advice.

Legal Stages:

1. Battlefield
2.Final Destination
3. Delfino Plaza
4. Luigi’s Mansion
5. Pirate Ship
6. Norfair
7. Frigate Orpheon
8. Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
9. Halberd
10. Lylat Cruise
11. Pokemon Stadium 2
12. Castle Siege
13. Distant Planet
14. Smashville
15. Skyworld
16. Pictochat
17. Green Hill Zone
18. Yoshi’s Island (Melee)
19. Jungle Japes
20. Rainbow Cruise
21. Green Greens
22. Brinstar
23. Pokemon Stadium
24. Corneria (Because I like it. :laugh:)

Regarding these here stages, the loser decides the next stage and the same stage can’t be played more than once in the same set. Did I mention that counterpicking is a really good idea for this tournament? Time to do some research.

Tournament Schedule:

As of now, the tournament will be held on Saturday, September 27 and Sunday, September 28. The schedule will be decided once we get the full number of people. Like in Geno Bash, the combatants will have a full week to complete Round One to speed things up on the first day. After that, the rounds will be 3 hours long. If you don’t show up, you’re disqualified, no excuses. Please be corteous enough to PM me if you can’t make it because I will be corteous enough to remind all of you that you entered. I will make exceptions in certain scenarios and try to be as leniate as possible if you are a little bit late or if you are having your match when the deadline rolls along. I may even be nice enough to let you sub in later rounds if you can prove your skill level and show that you deserve to make it the particular round.

Tournament Deadlines:

All times are Central timezone.

Update 9/24: Don't know the timezones? This page definately helps.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/​

First Round: Starts: Sunday 21, 5PM. Ends: Saturday 27, 4 PM.
Second Round: Starts: Saturday, 4:01 PM. Ends: Saturday 27, 7PM.
Third Round: Starts: Saturday 27, 7:01 PM. Ends: Saturday 27, 10PM.

Depending on how fast things go, Round Four will be done on Saturday too.

Fourth Round: Starts: Saturday 27, 10:01 PM, Ends: Sunday 28, 4 PM.
Fifth Round: Sunday 28, 4:01 PM. Ends: Sunday 28, 7PM.
Final Round: Sunday 28, 7:01 PM. Ends: Sunday 28, 10PM

Rounds will be extended/shorten as needed. Notices will be posted.

Like with Geno Bash, Tournament matches should be set up in the SWF Friend Finder. It is very easy to use and, if you enter your FC in your profile, it automatically comes up when you challenge someone. It also has chat which is incredibly convenient. When taking part in my tournament, please note in your profile that you are part of my tournament and you can only fight your assigned opponents.

The Combatants:

Update 9/17: Like with Geno Bash, siblings, cousins, friends, and members of other forums are more than welcome to sign up for this. If you will be sharing the same Wii, please be sure to mention it when you sign up.

FINAL STANDINGS

1. Zeonstar (Ganondorf/King Dedede)
2. Aryman (Snake/Link)
3. Fatmanonice (Mario/Lucario)

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! IT'S THE ELECTRIC SCHUFFLE FINALS!

"FEAR THE BEARD" ZEONSTAR(GANONDORF/KING DEDEDE) DEFEATS "I MADE FMOI MY B****" ARYMAN (SNAKE/LINK)!

LET'S GET IT ON!!! (NOT IN THAT WAY...)

Semifinals Time!​

Aryman (Snake/Link) defeats Fatmanonice (Mario/Lucario)

Zeonstar (Ganondorf/King Dedede) defeats Smash Gigyas (Ganondorf/King Dedede)

Fatmanonice wins the Fatman bracket! (No, I didn't cheat...)

Fatman Bracket first round matchups:

1. (dabuz (Zelda/Olimar) forfeits. Fatmanonice (Mario/Lucario) advances.)
2. (Both cba (Lucario/Mario) and cheap josh (Peach/Kirby) advance)
3. (Mmac (Yoshi/ROB) defeats Naucitos (Yoshi/ROB))
4. (Both Scimitar (Peach/Kirby) and turnsnoob (Toon Link/Zero Suit Samus) are disqualified.)
5. (lain (Game and Watch/Jigglypuff) is disqualified. Hero Fly Chao (Pokemon Trainer/Wario) advances.)
6. (Blue Terrorist (Falco/Sonic) defeats Yaya (Game and Watch/Jigglypuff))
7. (~Peachy~ (Kirby/Peach) defeats King Yoshi (Lucas/Diddy Kong))
8. (Exia 00 (Metaknight/Captain Falcon) defeats Halaster (Falco/Sonic))

Fatman Bracket second round matchups:

1. (Fatmanonice (Mario/Lucario) defeats cba (Lucario/Mario))
2. (Exia 00 (Metaknight/Captain Falcon) defeats cheap josh (Peach/Kirby))
3. (Mmac (Yoshi/ROB) defeats Hero Fly Chao (Pokemon Trainer/Wario))
4. (Blue Terrorist (Falco/Sonic) defeats ~Peachy~ (Peach/Kirby))

Fatman Bracket third round matchups:

1. (Fatmanonice (Mario/Lucario) defeats Blue Terrorist (Falco/Sonic))
2. (Mmac (Yoshi/ROB) defeats Exia 00 (Metaknight/Captain Falcon))

Fatman Bracket fourth round matchups:

1. (Fatmanonice (Mario/Lucario) defeats Mmac (Yoshi/ROB))

Zeonstar wins the Pizzaman bracket!

Pizzaman bracket first round matchups:

1. (Zacoftheaxes (Ness/Donkey Kong) is disqualified. yoshididdy (Yoshi/ROB) advances.)
2. (Zeonstar (Ganondorf/King Dedede) defeats Archmage Flash (Zelda/Olimar))
3. (Barge (Olimar/Zelda) defeats Samusbrawler (Marth/Samus))
4. (Glyph (ROB/Yoshi) defeats Shadowfirex100 (Pit/Luigi))
5. (Muba forfeits. A6M (Fox) advances.)
6. (†¹Ãgøn¥¹† (Fox) is disqualified. GFE *cba's brother* (Snake/Link) advances)
7. (Krato *Chao's brother* (King Dedede/Ganondorf) defeats Ike is Solid (Marth/Samus))
8. (Sir Orion (Pokemon Trainer/Wario) defeats Omis? (Captain Falcon/Metaknight))

Pizzaman bracket second round matchups:

1. (Zeonstar (Ganondorf/King Dedede) defeats yoshididdy (Yoshi/ROB)
2. ( Krato *Chao's brother (King Dedede/Ganondorf) defeats Sir Orion (Pokemon Trainer/Wario))
3. (Glyph (ROB/Yoshi) forfeits. Barge (Olimar/Zelda) advances.)
4. (A6M Zero (Fox) defeats GFE *cba's brother* (Snake/Link))

Pizzaman bracket third round matchups:

1. (Zeonstar (Ganondorf/King Dedede) defeats A6M Zero (Fox))
2. (Krato *Chao's brother* (King Dedede/Ganondorf) defeats Barge (Olimar/Zelda))

Pizzaman bracket fourth round matchups:

1. Zeonstar (Ganondorf/King Dedede) defeats Krato *Chao's brother* (King Dedede/Ganondorf)

Aryman wins the Scotsman bracket!

Scotsman bracket first round match ups:

1. (Both Excellence (Olimar/Zelda) and Galaxy (Peach/Kirby) are disqualifed.)
2. (Overswarm forfeits. Steel Dragon (Metaknight/Captain Falcon) advances.)
3. (Mobious-1 (Lucario/Mario) defeats 4Serial (Snake/Link))
4. (N.OW (Ness/DK) defeats Theyoster (Yoshi/ROB))
5. (smash superstar (Fox) forfeits. Chaco (Toon Link/Zero Suit Samus) advances.)
6. ( Mr.Victory07 (DK/Ness) defeats Stryks (Ganondorf/King Dedede))
7. (Overlordmao (Peach/Kirby) is disqualified. Aryman (Snake/Link) advances.)
8. (Cornwad (Wario/Pokemon Trainer) is disqualified. Ismar (Samus/Marth) advances.)

Scotsman bracket second round match ups:

1. (ROOOOY! (Sonic/Falco) is disqualified. Surprize guest Pee-up (Olimar/Zelda) advances.)
2. (Aryman (Snake/Link) defeats Ismar (Samus/Marth))
3.( Mobious-1 (Lucario/Mario) defeats Steel Dragon (Metaknight/Captain Falcon))
4. (N.OW (Ness/DK) is disqualified. Chaco (Toon Link/Zero Suit Samus) advances.)

Scotsman bracket third round match ups:

1. (Chaco (Toon Link/Zero Suit Samus) defeats Pee-Up (Olimar/Zelda)
2. (Aryman (Snake/Link) defeats Mobious-1 (Lucario/Mario))

Scotsman bracket fourth round match ups:

1. ( Aryman (Snake/Link) defeats Chaco (Toon Link/Zero Suit Samus)

Smash Gigyas wins the Davidletterman bracket!
David Letterman bracket first round matchups:

1. (Pyroloserkid (Metaknight/Captain Falcon) forfeits. Olimarman (Olimar/Zelda) advances.)
2. (Gokuuz is disqualified. White Pikmin (Snake/Link) advances)
3. (ROOOOY! (Sonic/Falco) and yoshididdy's brother (Toon Link/ Zero Suit Samus) both advance)
4. (Mr. Burns (Link/Snake) is disqualified. Delta BP26 (Luigi/Pit) advances)
5. (Tmacbryant (Shiek/Pikachu) is disqualified. Hentekorino (Falco/Sonic) advances.)
6. (SkylerOcon (Mario/Lucario) defeats Link2man22 (Sonic/Falco))
7. (bringgameandwatchback (Captain Falcon/Metaknight) is disqualified. Ghost0047 (Diddy/Lucas) advances.)
8. (KoRoBeNiKi (Peach/Kirby) defeats mcmuffinman (Olimar/Zelda))

David Letterman bracket second round matchups:

1. (Olimarman (Olimar/Zelda) defeats White Pikmin (Snake/Link))
2. (KoRoBeNiKi (Peach/Kirby) Ghost0047 (Diddy/Lucas) died. Excellence defeats N.OW)
3. (Delta BP26 (Luigi/Pit) is disqualified. Hentekorino (Falco/Sonic) advances)
4. (SkylerOcon (Mario/Lucario) is disqualified. yoshididdy's brother (Toon Link/Zero Suit Samus) advances.)

David Letterman bracket third round matchups:

1.( Excellence (Olimar/Zelda) defeats Olimarman (Olimar/Zelda))
2. (yoshididdy's brother (Toon Link/Zero Suit Samus) died. Surprize guest Smash Gigyas (Ganondorf/King Dedede)defeats Hentekorino(Falco/Sonic) advances)

David Letterman bracket fourth round matchups:

1. (Smash Gigyas (Ganondorf/King Dedede) defeats Excellence (Olimar/Zelda))

Sub(tank) Reserves.

1. Snakeee (TBA)

Important Update, 9/15: You can change your "team" at anytime up until the deadline (listed below). I want everyone to put a decent amount of thought into it and choose wisely.

Important Update, 9/19: Sign Up Deadline is Friday, September 26 due to Smash boards shutting down for nearly two days. Depending on how fast we get people, Round One will start on Sunday, September 21 and people will be given 6 days to get their first matches out of the way early, if they want IF their brackets are posted.

I hope this will be yet another epic tournament and that everyone enjoys themselves whether they win or lose. Everything has a breaking point… do you? I hope this tournament will put your skills to the test and further expand your horizons. The Megaman games have always been tough and I expect this tournament to capture that very essence. Plan ahead, do research, and strategize about what to do in uphill situations. I wish good luck to all who sign up for this.

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
Enough with the character limits already -_-'. I don't have a main so I guess it's a chance I'm gonna have to take for the prize, this really cramps my style :ohwell:.

I really wanna use Sonic & ICs actually, I mean they are techincally both low & high tier.

Guess I'll use Falco-Sonic if I can't do said combination listed above. (Barely plays with Falco at all :().

Wait, how did I not get 3rd? Naucitos lost before me O_o.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
While The toury is very interesting, my issue is the thoury day. It's the same days as the New York Anime Festival, and I've been planning on going to it.... =_=

If we can speed this up as fast as possible, then I'll join then. I'll play with Meta-Captain Falcon. Meta has been actually my main since the very beginning, so I'll stay with him first. Captain Falcon I've actually been playing friendlies with, so I'm familiar with him.

EDIT: Blueterrorist, you got this. Go to D1 and get some massive Falco training my d00d :D

Halaster

Smash Ace
This looks like another interesting Tourney, I'd love to sign up. I will go Falco-Sonic since I am slightly decent with both.

King~

Smash Champion
intresting tourney unfourtnately for me out of everyone i play no one is paired

so ill try something diffrent

Pikachu and Shiek(starting Shiek)

it shall be an interesting tournament

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Enough with the character limits already -_-'. I don't have a main so I guess it's a chance I'm gonna have to take for the prize, this really cramps my style :ohwell:.

I really wanna use Sonic & ICs actually, I mean they are techincally both low & high tier.

Guess I'll use Falco-Sonic if I can't do said combination listed above. (Barely plays with Falco at all :().

Wait, how did I not get 3rd? Naucitos lost before me O_o.
I do character limits because, if I'm going to be spending money out of my own pocket, I want the combatants to earn it especially when there's no entry fee and they don't even have to leave their homes. Also, there's just something really off putting to me about how Metaknight and Snake are dominating offline tournaments left and right so I want to provide an alternative to that. If you want a regular tournament (chances are without a prize), there's plenty on here and Allisbrawl.

Regarding your placement in Geno Bash, I believe both of you lost 0-2 so technically you tied for third.

@ Exia 00:

Uh... which two characters do you want to use?

Hero Fly Chao

Smash Cadet
Love the idea for the tournament. Sign me up. :)

Hmm...Think I'll go with Pokemon Trainer/Wario.
Funny that they're a team...Before Brawl was out, I speculated that I'd be a Pokemon Trainer main (because I thought the concept was awesome) and I'd use Mario 2nd and Wario (my favorite character) for laffs. Now it's Wario who's my serious game and I play PT for fun.

Either way, just hope I don't get Yoshi/DDD CGed with this squad...

*edit* Is there anything we can do with Fox? The last thing I'd like to see is all of us practicing with many characters and then have some insane Fox main sweep the competition...Maybe force him to at least switch characters to another mid-tier character?

*edit2* BlueTerrorist is breaking rule 7 and 8. Can I break his knees? :p

Yaya

Smash Champion
Heh, funny story about something like that. Because Wario seemed like such a quirky character at first, and part of me really wanted to main him, then I discovered Pokemon Trainer.

Here's hoping to a First Round Match-up against you.

Naucitos

Smash Journeyman
i actually dominated my first match with scimitar, but i couldn't take his pikachu for crap, he owned me with thunder shock, just too much pressure from it and i couldn't think of any way around it >_<
Im sad i wont get another crack at it in this tourney XD

Edit: blueterrorist, i wanted to fight you for third, but people said it didn't matter, although i suppose having won one match does make me third anyway >_>
Also, is it strange that me and zeon probably won't like our pairups, even though they're so high on the tier lists? XD

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
Love the idea for the tournament. Sign me up. :)

Hmm...Think I'll go with Pokemon Trainer/Wario.
Funny that they're a team...Before Brawl was out, I speculated that I'd be a Pokemon Trainer main (because I thought the concept was awesome) and I'd use Mario 2nd and Wario (my favorite character) for laffs. Now it's Wario who's my serious game and I play PT for fun.

Either way, just hope I don't get Yoshi/DDD CGed with this squad...

*edit* Is there anything we can do with Fox? The last thing I'd like to see is all of us practicing with many characters and then have some insane Fox main sweep the competition...Maybe force him to at least switch characters to another mid-tier character?

*edit2* BlueTerrorist is breaking rule 7 and 8. Can I break his knees? :p
*Breaks HFC's knees* It's not pissing and moaning it's called an opinion, whining would include johns :p. I respect his reasons for it, however that doesn't mean I have to agree. You're basically forced to main and second someone (And it's a high chance it may not even be the combination you even want). However, I'm choosing to do this because, it seems like a challenge (Which I like and a challenge is always fun right?) and I can basically adapt to this situation (Hunts for D1 or any Falco people I know :p). IDK I just don't like maining anyone personally.

Well, anyways I'm not hating on anything (I wouldn't be here if I was) I understand what's going on. But my first impression was a bit wtf'ish :ohwell:.

Halaster

Smash Ace
Oh... and if it matters I think I will officially be using Sonic the first matchup. I have to say I'm rather fortunate that both mine are characters I like to use. Though I did have my eye on fox... just fox. Still, I like variety, so the two man combo it is.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
*Breaks HFC's knees* It's not pissing and moaning it's called an opinion, whining would include johns :p. I respect his reasons for it, however that doesn't mean I have to agree. You're basically forced to main and second someone (And it's a high chance it may not even be the combination you even want). However, I'm choosing to do this because, it seems like a challenge (Which I like and a challenge is always fun right?) and I can basically adapt to this situation (Hunts for D1 or any Falco people I know :p). IDK I just don't like maining anyone personally.

Well, anyways I'm not hating on anything (I wouldn't be here if I was) I understand what's going on. But my first impression was a bit wtf'ish :ohwell:.
The tournament itself is supposed to be an uphill battle; that's the point. Even people like myself who main the whole cast have trouble using some characters (my three worst are, in descending order, Shiek, Lucario, and Snake.) and I wanted to give the combatants a challenge beyond just fighting their way to the top with their main. As I mentioned in the first post, this is supposed to 1. simulate the difficulty of most of the Megaman games and 2. try to create a system of balance so that no one has an overwelming advantage against most people simply based on the character they picked. *coughhorkhackmetaknighthackhorkcough*

The fact that Zeonstar won Geno Bash with Ganondorf greatly impressed me especially when a lot of his strong counters like Falco, Wario, Diddy, etc were legal and how he's currently ranked as the third worst character in the game overall. That's what I'm trying to go for, tournament results that make people say "Wow, that's really cool" instead of "Jesus... Metaknight again? Big surprize..." Regarding your concerns, this tournament is going to be tough for everyone because most people are only really good with like 1-2 characters and I seriously doubt too many people will main both of the characters assigned to each other. There's also the fact that counterpicking stages will probably play a very big role here so I'm encouraging people to do research in order to not be completely blind sided on the 27th.

@ Hero Fly Chao:

Regarding Fox, I've thought of that but I don't know if it will be that much of a problem. For example, the Pikachu-Shiek combination is pretty much his worst nightmare while the Fox boards seems to agree that he has more bad matchups than good ones despite what the offical Tier List says. Again, counterpicking is highly encouraged and if we have a professional Fox step into the ring (like how Overswarm was originally part of Geno Bash), I'll rethink my judgements.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hrm... um... the first round starts before the deadline, correct?
so whens the first round end?
The first round will end at 4 PM on Saturday the 27th. I will post the full schedule once at least 32 people sign up. As I said in the first post, people who signed up before next Wendesday can get their first matches done early if they want to in order to speed things up on the 27th.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Oh, ok, so it starts in 2 weeks, i had thought it was next week, thus the confusion :s
Yep, Saturday and Sunday the 27-28.

Regarding Fox, I have reviewed his matchups and yes, most of his matchups are even or in his opponents's favor. Zelda, Lucas, Metaknight, Snake, Falco, Luigi, Pikachu, Shiek, Marth, and Toon Link are strong counters while the only people he completely dominates, theoritically at least, are Bowser, Captain Falcon, and Ganondorf.

Mmac

Smash Lord
I'll sign up.

Now I have to play as ROB. I hate playing him more than fighting him >_>

Top Bottom