• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FMOI's Electric Schuffle! Zeonstar is the champ!

Galaxy

Smash Journeyman
Well Barge, you suck and I dont think you're worth my time playing. So if you're wondering why I keep jumping off for two stocks and then sitting on the edge waiting for you to Fsmash me, well now you know. You're shorthops don't even exist, why the hell are you running from half stage where I can just grab you, I'll never know, you spam like crazy half of which misses and falls in front of my feet, you're trash.
What'd he do to piss you off?

:ohwell:

Galaxy

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, I forgot...I was getting off and it wasn't on my mind.

Should have just copied and pasted it or or s/s it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Wifi doesn't amount to anything at all skill wise.

That is all.

I wonder what's next? Some crazy ruleset probably. Man I hate being stuck on 1 or 2 characters.

It means 2v2. You basically will be teaming with another player.
A poll will be done so it could either be single or doubles. Here are the legal characters:

Female/metrosexuals:

Peach, Zelda, Shiek, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Ice Climbers (with Nana in front), Pit, Marth, and Jigglypuff.

(Human) Males:

Mario, Luigi, Wario, Link, Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, Olimar, Ike, and Snake.

I have to talk about Glyph about it more but, like I said, it'll either be singles or doubles. If it's doubles, people who choose male characters will have to pair with a female character/metrosexual.

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
A poll will be done so it could either be single or doubles. Here are the legal characters:

Female/metrosexuals:

Peach, Zelda, Shiek, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Ice Climbers (with Nana in front), Pit, Marth, and Jigglypuff.

(Human) Males:

Mario, Luigi, Wario, Link, Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, Olimar, Ike, and Snake.

I have to talk about Glyph about it more but, like I said, it'll either be singles or doubles. If it's doubles, people who choose male characters will have to pair with a female character/metrosexual.
When will this poll be taking place?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Wait, Why no Yoshi?!?
I'm still thinking of what the legal characters should be. I considering creating yet another category... It'll be decided by tomorrow.

Add in:

Okay, I created a (male) animal category. The characters are: Bowser, DK, Diddy, Yoshi, King Dedede, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, and Sonic. This would make the legal character number 30. Again, I'm still thinking things over.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Well Barge, you suck and I dont think you're worth my time playing. So if you're wondering why I keep jumping off for two stocks and then sitting on the edge waiting for you to Fsmash me, well now you know. You're shorthops don't even exist, why the hell are you running from half stage where I can just grab you, I'll never know, you spam like crazy half of which misses and falls in front of my feet, you're trash.
Thanks for the advice, It was on my mind to turn tap jump off, but it seemed bothersome to use x/y. Now I know I have to use it, it'll be easier to short hop. About the dairing in front of you, no ones stupid enough to do that 5 times in a row, no ones THAT stupid. I was obviously getting bored and I didnt know you were WAITING for me to Fsmash, I expected critique but not for it to be so harshly, anyways, you're a great brawler, good luck with life.

Excellence

Smash Champion
Thanks for the advice, It was on my mind to turn tap jump off, but it seemed bothersome to use x/y. Now I know I have to use it, it'll be easier to short hop. About the dairing in front of you, no ones stupid enough to do that 5 times in a row, no ones THAT stupid. I was obviously getting bored and I didnt know you were WAITING for me to Fsmash, I expected critique but not for it to be so harshly, anyways, you're a great brawler, good luck with life.
There was only half as much rude intent behind that as it sounded it.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
For all of Excellence's smack-talk ganon-smearing.... He failed miserably against Zeon.
In friendlies, according to Zeon

13-3
I enlarged the key word here.

Excellence is really not a jerk, he just is very serious about tournaments. I respect that.

But friendlies aren't typically played to win, rather they are played for fun. I'm not saying that Zeon isn't better than him, but you really can't come to that conclusion from these results.

Excellence

Smash Champion
For all of Excellence's smack-talk ganon-smearing.... He failed miserably against Zeon.
In friendlies, according to Zeon

13-3
Smack talk? I speak nothing of the sort. Especially because there will come a time when I lose and I could be used against me. Ganon smearing, too, hm? Yeah, I'll agree. Ganondrof is trash. He is bottom-tier pathetic and really doesn't deserve to be a character anymore. Am I doing good so far? I tried to beat Zeon the first five matches and won only once. That said to me a few things: I suck at playing a Ganondorf who knows what the hell he's doing, I'm probably not nearly as good as I should be, and I need to learn what the hell to do when I'm boxed into a corner. After those five matches (ask Zeon for yourself), I didn't even continuing playing after losing one stock. I was trying to learn how to deal with Ganondorf's approach. A lot of it can be said for Zeon reading my rolls pretty easily, but who knew Ganondrof owned aerial priority - not me, and probably not your dumb *** either.

If you're trying to slander me by telling me that I lost, then great job if it effects people's perception of someone who plays hard and plays to win. But you're really doing nothing to my ego, it engulfs and destroys all. I told ZeonStar that the next time we played I'd be prepared for Ganondorf and I'd most likely break the habbit of ridiculous rolls.

Last word of advice, Excellence NEVER fails at ANYTHING I'm constantly improving.

Albert.

Smash Master
But friendlies aren't typically played to win, rather they are played for fun.
wow.
Friendlies aren't played to win?? if both players aren't playing too win, then how do either of them win?!?!

MADNESS!!

On to "excellence"...

you said something about smack talk being used against you... Well didn't you say this?

"I doubt I'd lose unless I got careless, I mean come on. I use Olimar, the match-up is like 80 - 20? Zeon could be worlds better than me and still lose because of his character."

(how wrong were you??)

If Ganondorf is such trash then how did you loose so many times?
if he is such "bottom tier pathetic and doesn't deserve to be a character" then how come you got owned?

I wasn't trying to slander you. But there were a ton of people in this tournament that got beaten by a Ganondorf. And then you coming here and spewing a bunch of cocky smack talk, a bunch of "tiers are holier than though" bull**** and then loosing... I just thought maybe some people would like to know.

That's not slander lol

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
wow.
Friendlies aren't played to win?? if botch players aren't playing too win, then how do either of them win?!?!
When I said "Playing to win", I meant it in a competetive sense. Of course both people are going to put forth some effort to win, but its nowhere near the level of the intensity of a tournament match with a prize on the line.

For example, chillindude829 has been three stocked in friendlies. He's posted it himself. But in tournament play, he's consistanly a high placer among some of the best in the world.

karp karp.

Excellence

Smash Champion
On to "excellence"...

you said something about smack talk being used against you... Well didn't you say this?

"I doubt I'd lose unless I got careless, I mean come on. I use Olimar, the match-up is like 80 - 20? Zeon could be worlds better than me and still lose because of his character."
Let's take this piece by piece, shall we? You do realize that I was very careless. I just relooked at that match-up and all I really had to do was pivot grab. That just goes to show you how much pressure ZeonStar places on me. Yeah is better than I am, and he DID lose because of his character. His Ganondorf was played to the best of Ganon and his potential and he still did lose THREE TIMES because Olimar has such an advantage over Ganondorf.

How is this smack talk? It's all fact.

If Ganondorf is such trash then how did you loose so many times?
if he is such "bottom tier pathetic and doesn't deserve to be a character" then how come you got owned?

(how wrong were you??)
So because I lost that magically means a character is better than he or she has been proven to be? I got owned because I was careless, unexperienced, outplayed, and pressured into stupid mistakes. I ****ed up A LOT while playing Zeon, that's why I lost. If you still want to contest that Ganondorf sucks, I could send Zeon to someone who knows what they're doing so you can see the results.

I wasn't trying to slander you. But there were a ton of people in this tournament that got beaten by a Ganondorf. And then you coming here and spewing a bunch of cocky smack talk, a bunch of "tiers are holier than though" bull**** and then loosing... I just thought maybe some people would like to know.

That's not slander lol
I never said I would not lose... A lot of what you're saying is coming from you jumping the gun and figuring me to be someone or something I am not. It's your fault if you thought I was claiming I could destroy Zeon's Ganondorf gameplay. I lost, so what, next time I won't or at least I'll give it my ****est.

cba

Smash Master
Unless it's Meta *****, using his whorenado, throughout the match. In Final Gaystination.

That is all.
not at all, i have played this ike and ***** me everytime we play regardless of who i play as, he is just better than me. simple.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Unless it's Meta *****, using his whorenado, throughout the match. In Final Gaystination.

That is all.
Actually, Final Destination isn't Metaknight's best stage. Battlefield is definately better. Also, the tornado is the biggest problem with beating Metaknight: it's the fact that a majority of his attacks has disjointed hitboxes, virtually no lag, and how he can reasonably gimp 4/5 of the cast at like 60%...

Excellence

Smash Champion
Actually, Final Destination isn't Metaknight's best stage. Battlefield is definately better. Also, the tornado is the biggest problem with beating Metaknight: it's the fact that a majority of his attacks has disjointed hitboxes, virtually no lag, and how he can reasonably gimp 4/5 of the cast at like 60%...
Don't sweat it, he'll be banned and then we can all face Martha who actually has neutral match-ups. =O

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Don't sweat it, he'll be banned and then we can all face Martha who actually has neutral match-ups. =O
Uh, wouldn't Snake become the next pain in the butt character? He has neutral matchups too. Snake still sucks to fight but at least there are characters that genuinely counter him like Pikachu and Fox. (Maybe not strongly but at least it's something to work with.)

Excellence

Smash Champion
Uh, wouldn't Snake become the next pain in the butt character? He has neutral matchups too. Snake still sucks to fight but at least there are characters that genuinely counter him like Pikachu and Fox. (Maybe not strongly but at least it's something to work with.)
Actually, no. Statistically speak, if you want to have the best chance of winning you're going to use a character with no bad match-ups. Marth has no bad match-ups, and though true that his advantageous match-ups are hardly ever above 60-40 (save for against low-tier trash, which are unvaiable for high level tournament play in the first place), he doesn't have any negative match-ups or hard-counters like Snake. So, if you want to have the greatest chance of winning you'll use Marth.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The thing is a good Marth is no where as hard to beat as a good Snake. Lucario is another character that has virtually no overwelmingly bad matchups either but both of these characters don't have the tournament results to prove that this gives them a huge advantage overall. Heck, you have people like Azen representing Lucario and Marth and not even he walks away with every tournament he's in.

Excellence

Smash Champion
The thing is a good Marth is no where as hard to beat as a good Snake. Lucario is another character that has virtually no overwelmingly bad matchups either but both of these characters don't have the tournament results to prove that this gives them a huge advantage overall. Heck, you have people like Azen representing Lucario and Marth and not even he walks away with every tournament he's in.
Depends on who you're using that determines how hard they are for you. I'm unfamiliar with Mario so I wouldn't know, but try to stay objective and only talk about the facts. At the highest level of play, Marth has the greatest chance of winning because he has no bad match-ups and you cannot be at a disadvantage.

Top Bottom