• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FMOI's Electric Schuffle! Zeonstar is the champ!

Excellence

Smash Champion
Two of the biggest factors are:

1. People heavily underestimate low tiers because they usually think higher tier= auto win.

2. Like with most low tier characters, there aren't too many people who are genuinely good with them.
This is for the most part correct, but let's not forget that trash is still trash and Ganondorf is indeed trash.

Zeon should go to professional tournaments, he'd place real high.
Zeons probably going to be the one who raises Ganon on the tier list.
No he wouldn't place high. Zeon is probably pretty good (basing that off rumor on this thread), but Ganondorf is a terrible character. The only people who lose to Ganondorf are those who don't take the match-up seriously because they expect an autowin, or those who play carelessly - you tell me where you all fall here - he will however, make Ganondorf LOOK good.

Zeon is really good, but you have to remember this is wifi.

Most tourney goers laugh at us. And then we use our leet wifi skills to destroy them.
Well for one, slower characters with range benifit from Wifi because it's basically playing in their enviornment, though all characters are a a general disadvantage from Wifi. Not to knock at Zeon's skills, but this indeed Wifi and timing here is a bit... esque.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
This is for the most part correct, but let's not forget that trash is still trash and Ganondorf is indeed trash.

No he wouldn't place high. Zeon is probably pretty good (basing that off rumor on this thread), but Ganondorf is a terrible character. The only people who lose to Ganondorf are those who don't take the match-up seriously because they expect an autowin, or those who play carelessly - you tell me where you all fall here - he will however, make Ganondorf LOOK good.

Well for one, slower characters with range benifit from Wifi because it's basically playing in their enviornment, though all characters are a a general disadvantage from Wifi. Not to knock at Zeon's skills, but this indeed Wifi and timing here is a bit... esque.
I think you're underestimating him.
Actually, I KNOW your underestimating him, play a few matches with him and watch your opinion change.

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
I think aryman said he didnt get to record but one of the tournament matches and I think he recorded a bunch of friendlies we had after that where it was Snake vs Ganon. I didnt win any of them I think.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Actually, I KNOW your underestimating him, play a few matches with him and watch your opinion change.
Zeon's a great player but his talent is only limited by his character. Excellence is right, overall Ganondorf is not a very good character. When I've beat Zeon, it was usually with strong Ganon counters like Pit, the Ice Climbers, etc.

Excellence

Smash Champion
Please don't think I'm basing ZeonStar, he is a very respectable Ganondorf and winning this tournament (online or not) proves that he's worth looking into. I doubt I'd lose unless I got careless, I mean come on. I use Olimar, the match-up is like 80 - 20? Zeon could be worlds better than me and still lose because of his character.

I think aryman said he didnt get to record but one of the tournament matches and I think he recorded a bunch of friendlies we had after that where it was Snake vs Ganon. I didnt win any of them I think.
This is another example of the vast potential gap between the tiers.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Please don't think I'm basing ZeonStar, he is a very respectable Ganondorf and winning this tournament (online or not) proves that he's worth looking into. I doubt I'd lose unless I got careless, I mean come on. I use Olimar, the match-up is like 80 - 20? Zeon could be worlds better than me and still lose because of his character.

This is another example of the vast potential gap between the tiers.
Well I was basically saying he could place high in a tournament, I know for a fact he wouldn't lose on the first round, unless he was playing someone crazy.

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
You should try learning Metaknight.
I second bowser, hes a little better than ganon. Im honestly never touching Metaknight. I want to at least feel like I earned my win or there is no satisfaction. Sparta Kicking someone off the stage? EPIC SATISFACTION.

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
Congrats Zeonstar. Fun tournament overall even though I got knocked out second round after a free win.

Maybe your next tournament should be a coin tournament? new Wario game coming out.

Halaster

Smash Ace
Glad to hear this tournament went smoothly. And Congrats to Zeonstar for another victory. I look forward to the next tourney's conditions, they are half the fun. *Now if only I could actually get somewhere in them.*

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
To those who think its only because of online, I placed second in a offline tournament a few months ago. It was my first offline tournament and my first time playing offline EVER. The guy I faced at the end used metaknight. I never had any experience against a good metaknight, plus no experience at the speed of offline so you could imagine I was at a little bit of a disadvantage.

Excellence

Smash Champion
Well Barge, you suck and I dont think you're worth my time playing. So if you're wondering why I keep jumping off for two stocks and then sitting on the edge waiting for you to Fsmash me, well now you know. You're shorthops don't even exist, why the hell are you running from half stage where I can just grab you, I'll never know, you spam like crazy half of which misses and falls in front of my feet, you're trash.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
War of the roses...

Characters associated with the color red only? Characters with interactions to royalty? Halp, plz.

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
Wifi doesn't amount to anything at all skill wise.

That is all.

I wonder what's next? Some crazy ruleset probably. Man I hate being stuck on 1 or 2 characters.
How does doubles work? I've never done doubles.
It means 2v2. You basically will be teaming with another player.

Top Bottom