• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FMOI and Glyph present War of the Roses. DABUZ IS THE CHAMP!

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
♥I just saw the first post.;)

♥I love the way you wrote who I called dibs on. It makes me feel special...or weird.;)

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
There are a ton of people who have at least a 80-20 match up on Ganondorf. :psycho: Heck, even Mario and Lucas are supposed to have that advantage against him.
Yeah, if anyone is using Snake, Metaknight, Diddy kong, Marth, ect. its going to be a huge uphill battle.

Excellence

Smash Champion
I've been playing Lucario for two days (including today) and I believe that I'm comfortable using him to the point where I have a decent shot at winning. However, looking at the competition Olimar seems to have better match-ups (though I'm sure your stages will **** me over if I pick him), so I'm going to go with using Olimar.

If anyone wants to be the last male character, then ask me and I'll consider switching to Lucario just for you.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
i feel more lonely than the Snake players, being the only JP lol. oh well i just be the rep for the JP boards this time.
So far I'm the only Pit and he's not even one of my pseudo mains/secondaries (Mario, Fox, Ness, Ice Climbers, Wario, and King Dedede). I learned a lot of about Lucario from using him in Electric Schuffle. He went from my third worst character to probably in my top ten and I hope I can have a similar experience with Pit.

♥I just saw the first post.;)

♥I love the way you wrote who I called dibs on. It makes me feel special...or weird.;)
You're noted for being one of the best online Peaches on Smash Boards so I thought it was nessecary. :laugh:

Yeah, if anyone is using Snake, Metaknight, Diddy kong, Marth, ect. its going to be a huge uphill battle.
Two Snakes, one Metaknight, two Diddy Kongs, and two Marths so far I think.

I've been playing Lucario for two days (including today) and I believe that I'm comfortable using him to the point where I have a decent shot at winning. However, looking at the competition Olimar seems to have better match-ups (though I'm sure your stages will **** me over if I pick him), so I'm going to go with using Olimar.

If anyone wants to be the last male character, then ask me and I'll consider switching to Lucario just for you.
Oh ho ho yeah! :laugh: One of the three stages I chose as a special counterpick for the (human) men category is an extremelly strong counterpick against Olimar and practically suicide unless the Olimar player plays really safe. (If you know what it is, don't saw anything because, like all my tournaments, I like people to research matchups and stage counterpicks.)

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Just a quick note: If you're in my tourney, try to get your round 1 matchs done.

And I'll be watching this thread, people need to joinnn, so close to being full!

@FM: I can john if I want because its friendlys >:O

Excellence

Smash Champion
So far I'm the only Pit and he's not even one of my pseudo mains/secondaries (Mario, Fox, Ness, Ice Climbers, Wario, and King Dedede). I learned a lot of about Lucario from using him in Electric Schuffle. He went from my third worst character to probably in my top ten and I hope I can have a similar experience with Pit.

You're noted for being one of the best online Peaches on Smash Boards so I thought it was nessecary. :laugh:

Two Snakes, one Metaknight, two Diddy Kongs, and two Marths so far I think.

Oh ho ho yeah! :laugh: One of the three stages I chose as a special counterpick for the (human) men category is an extremelly strong counterpick against Olimar and practically suicide unless the Olimar player plays really safe. (If you know what it is, don't saw anything because, like all my tournaments, I like people to research matchups and stage counterpicks.)
Yeah, I'm aware of which one is the extreme, and I'd like to stress the word extreme, counterpick against Olimar. That stage makes me want to use Meta Knight and pwn you all!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yeah, I'm aware of which one is the extreme, and I'd like to stress the word extreme, counterpick against Olimar. That stage makes me want to use Meta Knight and pwn you all!
I'm still shocked that there's only one Metaknight signed up so far. Oh and all three of the stages in Da Boys and other category are Metaknight counterpicks. :chuckle: Not as strong as the Olimar one but it could still get the job done in some cases.

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
I am terribly sorry for disturbing you all. I had told heartz about the tourney. She didn't say anything, and just walked into her room and locked the door. After like 20 minutes of my knocking and asking if she was ok, she came out with a sheet of paper, gave it to me, and closed the door back. I assumed she wanted me to send it to you guys. Im not sure i wanna do it, but anything for her. Quote:

Powder Puff is a reference to the division of an otherwise male dominated sport reserved for females regardless of the age of the participants.

Powder puff football games are an annual tradition at many high schools and universities in the United States and Canada. The game usually pits girls from the junior class against girls in the senior class or cross-town school rivals in a flag football or touch football contest. Boys from the classes, usually athletes, will dress in drag and be the cheerleaders.

So...

Heartz = Gunz
Gryphon = Siren
Kawaii Bunny = Peter Rabbit
DarkLeviathan89 = Dark Love-I-A-Than89
DevilWillCry = She-DevilWillCry
Burrbomb = Her-bomb
Chaco = Chacolate
Cinder = Cinderella
PhoenixoKaze = Jean Grey
Smash Gigas/Gigas Knight = Smash Amazon/Giggle Valkyrie
Super_Sonic8677/Kenpachi Zaraki = Amy Rose/Orihime
Exia 00 = Sexy-uh 00
XFadingNirvanaX = XOXOXLadyNirvanaXOXOX
JOBOT = HOBOT
ThatGuyYouMightKnow = ThatGirlYouMightNow
Malumvolo = Madam Volo
ExplodingMan = ExplodingWoman
JigglyZelda = JigglyZelda
ProBrawler = ProBrawlette
Agent Snop = Miss Snop
Jon/Luso = Jane/Ritz
Duo = D Cup
Beat = Beatrice
gorgon = Medusa
Unknown17 = Shiek
I apologize for her frugality. If you are offended, I beg your forgiveness.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Some of those were really funny to me. (Lol HOBOT)

I miss Heartz.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I am terribly sorry for disturbing you all. I had told heartz about the tourney. She didn't say anything, and just walked into her room and locked the door. After like 20 minutes of my knocking and asking if she was ok, she came out with a sheet of paper, gave it to me, and closed the door back. I assumed she wanted me to send it to you guys. Im not sure i wanna do it, but anything for her. Quote:

Powder Puff is a reference to the division of an otherwise male dominated sport reserved for females regardless of the age of the participants.

Powder puff football games are an annual tradition at many high schools and universities in the United States and Canada. The game usually pits girls from the junior class against girls in the senior class or cross-town school rivals in a flag football or touch football contest. Boys from the classes, usually athletes, will dress in drag and be the cheerleaders.

So...

Is she asking for every guy to be given a feminine name and every girl a masculine one? If so, that would be hilarious and I will do that as soon as I come back home. :laugh:

Steel_Dragon

Smash Journeyman

So...

this post ISEPICWIN :):):bee::chuckle:

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Can this tourney have a losers bracket too?

I mean I had to play Zeonstar the first game and probably would have ended pretty far in the tourney. He 1 stocked me in two games while he was at high % but i 1 stocked him at 40% (70-30 matchup :p) in the first game. So it was kinda unfair cause he is pretty good.....

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
If this was double elimination, it would take like 4 days to get done.

Yes, being knocked out right away sucks, but you did lose to the guy who won the whole tourney.

Naucitos

Smash Journeyman
bunnys double elim didn't take too long, but it was kinda hectic, and MIGHT have been 32 people, i don't remember

Also, i'm pretty sure pit is male, ya know, the whole kid icarus thing being based off the greek story

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Also, i'm pretty sure pit is male, ya know, the whole kid icarus thing being based off the greek story
So is marth. But this way is so much funnier = better.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If the tournament was smaller, I'd do a loser's bracket but it would be too much to handle with this.

@ Naucitos:

Yes, I'm aware that Marth and Pit are males but they are definately metrosexuals when compared to the other males in the cast. Metrosexuals are usually men who are very clean and/or feminine. If you're a guy who files his nails, uses women's shampoo/conditioner, or brushes his hair on a regular basis, chances are you're a metrosexual.

Also, Punch Out 3, Mario and Luigi RPG 3, and Sin and Punishment 2 were announced today; life is good!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Potential prizes, anyone?
Nope, they're Wii and DS games. It would be awesome if they were virtual console sequels but that's not the case.

can i have my other brother enter?
Sure, what name does he want to use and who does he want to use? The (human) men category is filled up, just to let you know.

Top Bottom