• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FMOI and Glyph present War of the Roses. DABUZ IS THE CHAMP!

Shogun_Fox

Smash Ace
FatMan disregard Shino's post. I meant to post that. I was using his profile for something and i forgot to log off of it.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
dthrow is easier then fthrow, but they can get out of it sooner. So i'll go dthrow till about 25%? Then fthrow/bthrow lolz

Shogun_Fox

Smash Ace
I dunno what happened. I randomly got disconnected even though there was no lag lol. But yeah, your too good for me haha.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I dunno what happened. I randomly got disconnected even though there was no lag lol. But yeah, your too good for me haha.
This happens to me too! I hate it more than when it lags and then d/c's cause it ruins perfectly good games.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I still have yet to fight the Great Fatman. It'll happen eventually though lol
and then I'll get absolutely destroyed :(

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Overall, you're a little too aggressive with Ike. Except for Nair, his aerials have a lot so keep that in mind. With that said, you need to be more careful with fairs because I usually grabbed you during the landing lag. Also, your edgeguarding is a little strange. Even when I was far away, you'd run to the edge, jump and then do a fair or dair. You'd usually be ahead of me by like 3 seconds. Try to work on the timing for that and don't get stuck doing routines. React to what I do and then improvise so you don't become predictible.

Shogun_Fox

Smash Ace
Yeah...I guess i was overly aggresive because I never faced a decent DDD before. So i didn't know how to approach the battle :D .

Excellence

Smash Champion
1. Softer landing? For what reason? IT'S A PRACTICE TOURNAMENT FOR CHRIST'S SAKE! There was only 16 people, 25% of the people didn't even show up, and there's not even a prize at stake. Also, the fact that his word "means nothing" shows how much an inflated ego you have. I take his word over yours; you know why? Because you always act like this when you lose. Also, here's a better question: why would he care about giving you a "softer landing." Isn't this the first time you guys have ever fought? Why should he really care that much about your well being?

2. You then went on about the lag and went on about how much you and your Olimar suck...

3. You also have to have to consider the players' skill levels. It can go either way; they could just be really good. Losing doesn't always mean you suck. Also, regarding matchups, those act as bases and are mostly theory. Matchups theorize that, if you have two players of the same skill level, player A will have an advantage/disadvantage over player B. What isn't added into the equation is how skilled the people are or how experienced they are with the match up. For example, I played one of my longest standing rivals today, fallcrowe, and his Metaknight and I won with characters like Wolf and Zelda (both being 70-30 in MK's favor)and beat his Snake, who has beaten people like Ally, one of the top ranked online players, using people like Kirby, Pit, and Ness. It used to be that it was pretty much an automatic loss if he even brought those characters out but I've come a long way. I didn't suck because, even as far back as April, I'd 2/3 stock most people I played against on a regular basis; he was just really good and still is. You can't be the only person who's part of the equation, you have to consider the other person too.

4. Your initial reaction still makes you a poor sport. When you lose you either A. claim that you suck B. blame the lag or C. say something like you weren't feeling good. Congrats, you took your lumps and built off of it but the whole ceremony you go through each time it happens isn't really nessecary. It's kind of like slamming your finger in a door; it can hurt like crazy but yelling "F***" and then kicking your dog in the face doesn't do anything to help it.

5. More or less, we're throwing each others opinions at each other like hand grenades so no one is 100% right or wrong here therefor we are NOT dealing entirely with facts.

6. Just trying to save you some grief when you're in a retirement home moping about never being President or finding a solution to world hunder/cancer/AIDS. :psycho:
I'm not even going to entertain you with a structured response. Feel free to keep thinking what you'd like. And feel more than free to turn your image of me into a sadistic monster hell bent on winning and losing with this world's most elborate excuses.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I'm ready for brawling, last night I did horrible, thats because I was le tired. I'm not tired anymore :D

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Anybody up for some brawl? I'm game. BTW, what happened to the practice tourney? A lot of people forgot, I think.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Anybody up for some brawl? I'm game. BTW, what happened to the practice tourney? A lot of people forgot, I think.
I will play you. Just add me and I'll add you back.

The practice tourney, I think we're still waiting on Yoshi King to get his match done.

lol. ggs Barge.

Top Bottom