• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FMOI and Glyph present War of the Roses. DABUZ IS THE CHAMP!

Shogun_Fox

Smash Ace
I cannot get the TV to save my life right now. I'd start another fire, but I just recovered from the burns I suffered last time.
Haha wow. well whenever me and you just happen to be on and you just happen to have the TV we'll do it. To be honest, i'm nervous to face you O.o .

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Could I have some critique on my ic's/ness Fm :O
I'll have to play as more characters before I can reach a verdict. I do have one thing to say those: Yoshi vs Ice Climbers absolutely sucks balls. :laugh: Yoshi can't use eggs because of the ice blocks, most of his approaches are absolutely wrecked by blizzard, and trying to grab the Ice Climbers as anyone when they're together is a bad idea so he loses yet another big aspect of his game. I was tempted to switch to someone like Diddy or Peach but I wanted to learn the match up more.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Yeah. You shouldn't be nervous, though. I'm not unbeatable (as many people here can tell you ^_^), but it won't be a gimme either.

EDIT: Wow, 5 responces while I tried to phrase that the way I did. Just out of curiosity, how would you critique my ROB, FM?

EDIT 2: *Throws a top at Barge. Wins.

Shogun_Fox

Smash Ace
Omg, I remember those, we used to have beyblade contests in elementary school. So long ago...
:chuckle: Yeah me and my friends used to do dumb stuff too. Like take a metal bowl and put powder or something in it and see if it makes a tornado around the beyblade lol.

Salem

Smash Champion
Uhh... i'd like to switch my character to Kirby instead becuase my controller is just now being stupid (Left and Right are starting not to work) and Kirby has extra jumps so if the controller messes up I know I still have some jumps left.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I'll have to play as more characters before I can reach a verdict. I do have one thing to say those: Yoshi vs Ice Climbers absolutely sucks balls. :laugh: Yoshi can't use eggs because of the ice blocks, most of his approaches are absolutely wrecked by blizzard, and trying to grab the Ice Climbers as anyone when they're together is a bad idea so he loses yet another big aspect of his game. I was tempted to switch to someone like Diddy or Peach but I wanted to learn the match up more.
Your bair didnt let me grab you, so I had to counter with blizzard, it was super effective :D.

Ice climber boards are completely useless, they have no matchup thread whatsoever, all it is is "new at!"
"videos!"
"hylian"
"chain grabs!"
"omg ic banned?"

Edit: nvm, I found it, why isnt it sticked? Its like totally under all these other topics.

According to it its a 45:55 matchup against yoshi, in yoshis favor, I guess your doing something wrong?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yeah. You shouldn't be nervous, though. I'm not unbeatable (as many people here can tell you ^_^), but it won't be a gimme either.

EDIT: Wow, 5 responces while I tried to phrase that the way I did. Just out of curiosity, how would you critique my ROB, FM?
You probably have the best ROB I've ever played which is why I strongly believe you should just drop Wario altogether. Your ROB >>>> your Wario. Great use of the projectiles, great follow ups with the grabs, and best of all, with ROB, you're freakishly annoying to fight. :laugh: If you don't completely and utterly piss off you're opponent while playing as ROB/Toon Link/Diddy/Peach/Olimar/Sonic/Yoshi, then you're not playing as them right.

Shogun_Fox

Smash Ace
Hmm..I always wondered the potential i could have with ice climbers. I try to use them just because my friend hates them so much. I was playin with one of my friends and i did a ice climber combo without even realising it. I did Dthrow into Fair. But Nana did the Fair by herself, spiked him, and i was like holy crap! lol.

Barge

You probably have the best ROB I've ever played which is why I strongly believe you should just drop Wario altogether. Your ROB >>>> your Wario. Great use of the projectiles, great follow ups with the grabs, and best of all, with ROB, you're freakishly annoying to fight. :laugh: If you don't completely and utterly piss off you're opponent while playing as ROB/Toon Link/Diddy/Peach/Olimar/Sonic/Yoshi, then you're not playing as them right.
I beg to differ, Arymans rob is probably just as good as glyphs, he owned me harder with rob then glyph did, I SAY THEY HAVE A MATCH >:O

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Thanks, FMOI.

I don't think I can really drop Wario, I use him a lot for certain matchups, like Sonic. I CANNOT fight a Sonic with my ROB, but my Wario gets the job done nicely.

Also, Wario is a sexy delicious beast.

EDIT: How about raining on my parade a little more, Barge :mad:

Barge

Thanks, FMOI.

I don't think I can really drop Wario, I use him a lot for certain matchups, like Sonic. I CANNOT fight a Sonic with my ROB, but my Wario gets the job done nicely.

Also, Wario is a sexy delicious beast.
Fm was right about the wario boards.

Barge

According to the ice climbers matchup thread, its a 45:55 matchup against yoshi, in yoshis favor, I guess your doing something wrong?

Sorry: Requoting myself because I think you didnt see it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
According to the ice climbers matchup thread, its a 45:55 matchup against yoshi, in yoshis favor, I guess your doing something wrong?

Sorry: Requoting myself because I think you didnt see it.
How on Earth? That doesn't make a lick of sense. I'll see what it says. I kind of get the feeling that it's a bunch of theoritical BS kind of like how people used to believe that Ike and DK were Metaknight counters. :psycho:

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I was under the impression that the majority of those match up threads were largely outdated.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
And what of my ness Fm?

(besides the fact you 3 stocked me that one match)
I need to play as more characters to decide since I've only played your Ness as Sonic and Yoshi.

Regarding the matchups thread; I looked at the Yoshi boards and it says it's 5-5 but, at the same time, so is Ike despite have multiple chaingrabs against him, being able to camp with eggs and being all too easy to gimp because of Yoshi's second jump...

Barge

Could I test my chain grabs on you fm? I can string up to 6 fthrow cgs offline, but I dont know how i'll do online. I can do it pretty well on lucario and bowser, havent tried other chars

Barge

Can you let me test out the chain grabs online fm?
I can do well offline, but I dont know how i'll do online

Excellence

Smash Champion
Any competitive Meta Knight, Mr. Game & Watch, Falco, Wolf, Snake, Toon Link, Mario, and or Luigi players available for practice within the next 15 hours? Contact me or leave a message, in an appropriate manner.

Top Bottom