• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FMOI and co present "Helter Skelter", a Halloween Tourney! ZEON IS THE CHAM-PEE-ON!

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Specific times have been added for my tournament.
Sorry FM, But a lot of the people in mine, talk here.

Alsooooo
FM, About the rules

So, I can play a set as ness ONCE in the whole tournament, and never play him again for the rest?
And how will my opponent know what character i'm going to play as, what If I want to beat him with his own character first?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Specific times have been added for my tournament.
Sorry FM, But a lot of the people in mine, talk here.

Alsooooo
FM, About the rules

So, I can play a set as ness ONCE in the whole tournament, and never play him again for the rest?
And how will my opponent know what character i'm going to play as, what If I want to beat him with his own character first?
Question one: Yes.

Question two: Announce it before the match either here or the chatroom.

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
I was doing well for like 3 matches and then comes along this falco...pretty good falco, I beat him the first match he then counterpicks me with JUNGLE JAPES. He beats me, even though im ahead a stock at the end. ****ing chaingrab to spike bull****. And then I meet him AGAIN in the losers bracket, same thing happens. After the match, I discovered I could BAN counterpick stages.

I had no idea....ill do better next time though. I later falcown paunched him in friendlies.

cba

Smash Master
Good to see you make this one. dabuz won War of the Roses. Supposedly, he has a really impressive Olimar since he took down both Olimarman's Olimar and Aryman's Snake.

Add in: By the way, how did you place in that offline tournament you were in?

*cough* wehavependingfriendlys *cough*
it seems im were the only ones zeon hasnt owned......

Excellence

Smash Champion
Kirby, Peach, ROB, Zelda, Marth, Metaknight, Mr. Game and Watch, Yoshi... just to name a few. I want to do some tests using Lucario, Shiek, and the Ice Climbers because I think they may be Olimar counters too.
I eat Zelda, Lucario, and Mr. Game & Watches. The only true counters to Olimar are Luigi, Peach, and very talented Shieks. There is literally nothing you can use against Shiek or Luigi, you basically run for your life.

Edit: Speaking of Shiek, I could seriously use practice against her. I've faced about 15 my entire smash career, seriously.

cba

Smash Master
Speaking of Shiek, I could seriously use practice against her. I've faced about 15 my entire smash career, seriously.
same here w/ sonic, sheik, olimar, wario, ect. bassically everyone who isnt snake(only char. gfe uses, literally) i only get to play different people/chars online and laggy.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I eat Zelda, Lucario, and Mr. Game & Watches. The only true counters to Olimar are Luigi, Peach, and very talented Shieks. There is literally nothing you can use against Shiek or Luigi, you basically run for your life.

Edit: Speaking of Shiek, I could seriously use practice against her. I've faced about 15 my entire smash career, seriously.
I'll play you using my Shiek this weekend. I've beaten Glyph's ROB with my Shiek so I think I can provide a challenge with her.

Excellence

Smash Champion
I used to play this really pro 'mains the cast guy' who tore me up. The score was 53:9 in his favor with wins, but I got really mad at his cockiness and cussed him out. Then I had to delete him and now I'm S.O.L., so I can totally understand your situation.

Edit: My Jigglypuff demands sacrifices!!! But I'll be using Olimar and GaW a few times.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I've always had trouble with Olimar. Maybe my newly mained Luigi is the key I've been looking for! I need to practice with him more still.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Luigi huh... Can't really think of why Luigi would do so good aside from from his Tornado approach, utilt juggles, and Shuroyuken being able to kill Olimar at like 50%. He has a lot of the same problems as Mario and even slower aerial mobility and Mario vs Olimar is supposed to be about even. Luigi is supposed to be among Wario's worst match-ups too but I don't really understand how.

Barge

Oh god, Melee fox is so fun :D
Also, I learned how to wave dash, though it is a bit hard with tap jump.
And L-canceling is easy.

Yes I know they're nub techs but I was a casual melee player :D

Fox's nair = too good

Excellence

Smash Champion
Luigi huh... Can't really think of why Luigi would do so good aside from from his Tornado approach, utilt juggles, and Shuroyuken being able to kill Olimar at like 50%. He has a lot of the same problems as Mario and even slower aerial mobility and Mario vs Olimar is supposed to be about even. Luigi is supposed to be among Wario's worst match-ups too but I don't really understand how.
Picture this. When Olimar is standing on the ground against an opponent who's going to use an aerial, he's got a few good options: Pivot Grab, Shield Grab, Fair, Up Special, and Up Tilt. If Luigi shorthops Nair, the priority on that beast kills all of Olimar's options except Up Special and Pivot Grab. He'll land lagless and jab Olimar preventing shield grabs due to his lack of armor frames, Fair is powerless to Nair, and UpTilt (one of olimar's highest priority attacks) is also powerless to stop Nair. If Oli runs, he'll eventually be backed into a corner or he'll be tilted out of the Nair which will catch him as he runs. So there isn't a lot he can do. Even if you do train yourself to use Up Special as a wall, Luigi can always train himself to air dodge through and attack, or simply punish the heavy lag on it.

Basically, once Olimar's in the air he's food for Luigi's big toe and feet.

Same thing applies with Wario, although their debating the match-up again. They're considering the fact that they've been playing it all wrong.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Freaking great games Zeon. Intense, fast matches. Almost felt like I was playing melee again :p

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
How'd you fair against him?
I won most of them, I only lost when I started using Wolf. We must have played 10 or so matches, he won 3. Besides Snake I used Falco and ROB, he used Ganon and Falcon.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Luigi's nair huh? I'll keep that in mind :)
and I just started using Luigi on Friday so I'm not terribly good yet, and I haven't been playing brawl as much lately (Bought FE Radiant Dawn). So basically I won't be much of a threat yet, but eventually I might be!

Barge

Lol, if you grab with nana and popo is in front
Grab release -> fully charged upsmash, too good

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Picture this. When Olimar is standing on the ground against an opponent who's going to use an aerial, he's got a few good options: Pivot Grab, Shield Grab, Fair, Up Special, and Up Tilt. If Luigi shorthops Nair, the priority on that beast kills all of Olimar's options except Up Special and Pivot Grab. He'll land lagless and jab Olimar preventing shield grabs due to his lack of armor frames, Fair is powerless to Nair, and UpTilt (one of olimar's highest priority attacks) is also powerless to stop Nair. If Oli runs, he'll eventually be backed into a corner or he'll be tilted out of the Nair which will catch him as he runs. So there isn't a lot he can do. Even if you do train yourself to use Up Special as a wall, Luigi can always train himself to air dodge through and attack, or simply punish the heavy lag on it.

Basically, once Olimar's in the air he's food for Luigi's big toe and feet.

Same thing applies with Wario, although their debating the match-up again. They're considering the fact that they've been playing it all wrong.
I guess this makes sense but, then again, I'm the only person I know who plays Luigi and not too often at that. I've never played an Olimar as Luigi so I wouldn't know. I guess I'll have to use Luigi at least once in our matches along with Shiek.

Barge

I guess this makes sense but, then again, I'm the only person I know who plays Luigi and not too often at that. I've never played an Olimar as Luigi so I wouldn't know. I guess I'll have to use Luigi at least once in our matches along with Shiek.
I wanna see how noobish we are at melee together :D

Barge

Why would you say I'm a noob at Melee? When I did play in local tournaments, I always made it to at least the quarter finals. Like now, I didn't really have a main but the characters I used the most were Ness , Mario, and Fox.
It's just that I recall you saying you would be good at melee if you had more competition.

Ignore it anyways.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I'm still a bit confused about the way this tourney works. There is just one thing I don't understand. But what I know so far is that first game against your opponent you use your character. 2nd game you switch and use your opponents character, correct?

This is the part I don't get. On the 3rd game, assuming there is one, do you switch back to your own character or something? What do you do?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm still a bit confused about the way this tourney works. There is just one thing I don't understand. But what I know so far is that first game against your opponent you use your character. 2nd game you switch and use your opponents character, correct?

This is the part I don't get. On the 3rd game, assuming there is one, do you switch back to your own character or something? What do you do?
Actually, you can either use your character or their character in the first game. It doesn't matter as long as you win one match with yours and one match with theirs.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
I only lost when I started using Wolf.
lololololol Good to know.

Anyways, Imma do my homework, watch Survivor, and then I'll be open to friendlies at 9, if anyone wants. :o

Maybe even before Survivor if I can get this silly French prayer done faster... :ohwell:

Top Bottom