• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FMOI and co present "Helter Skelter", a Halloween Tourney! ZEON IS THE CHAM-PEE-ON!

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
Put me down for Pikachu with my Sonic. I don't want ICs to get lag pwned again >_<. Oh well, I'll use them for another tourney or two depending on the connection.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
sign me up SOnic and G&W
I will sign you up but first... I want you to do several things:

1. Get 29 more posts.
2. Challenge at least two people here to Friendlies.

I'm doing this because the people who usually don't show up are the people who just sign up out of no-where with fresh accounts; no offense.

Has anyone noticed the large amounts of people choosing Sonic as one of their characters? Perhaps, more people know how to use Sonic than everyone thinks and he isn't such a great choice. While, someone like Snake and Zero Suit Samus - who require more than just a basic knowledge of their controls; smarts - are perfect choices, which allow the smartest player to win. Are you smarter than your opponent? You'd find out playing those characters.
Zero Suit Samus, I agree. Snake... uh... even though he has a high learning curve, it's possible to go pretty far even if you don't know all the grenade, c4, and nikitia tricks thanks to his weight, crazy reach, high knock back (every move except his dtilt and throws can reasonably kill before 150%), and crazy priority (his ftilt outprioritizes the Falcon Punch... I'm not kidding.). There's also the fact that even without his weapons, some characters still have a craptastic time against him like Jigglypuff and Lucas.

Add in: Regarding Sonic, he's one of those characters either where you know what you're doing with them or you suck out loud. Zero Suit Samus, Samus, Ganondorf, Ike, Wario, and Yoshi are probably the biggest examples of this. Sonic's playstyle is very intimidating to those who don't know how to use him right. Heck, it took me close to two months to finally play him at a level where I could actually beat people by a decent margin instead of winning by small percentages.

What are you going to call the brackets FM?
I haven't decided yet. I'll come up with something outlandishly stupid though.

I hope you're being sarcastic when you say, "Trouble in the marriage" because I'm not nearly as old as I sound, then again that depends on how old you think I sound. I'm choosing not to enter just because, but I do want to spectate the threads and see who wins. I've already got the person I'm expecting to win all mapped out.
I see. Also, the comment is something I just like to say when I know someone isn't married. For example, when I see friends sometimes, I ask them how their kids are doing; it's something I've done since Elementary school. :laugh:

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I paraphrased your text, but its up FM.

Oh, and Good year Blimps would have worked just as good.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I paraphrased your text, but its up FM.

Oh, and Good year Blimps would have worked just as good.
You said you wanted to be on my "Cosby Bebop" team. I'm going to ask Glyph to join but we need one more person after that. Who do you think it should be? My personal choices are between Excellence, cba, and pingabag (my double's partner). Do you have anyone in mind? I'm also in the process of getting a fan art pic depicting all four members posed like the four main characters in Cowboy Bebop. :laugh:

Barge

You said you wanted to be on my "Cosby Bebop" team. I'm going to ask Glyph to join but we need one more person after that. Who do you think it should be? My personal choices are between Excellence, cba, and pingabag (my double's partner). Do you have anyone in mind? I'm also in the process of getting a fan art pic depicting all four members posed like the four main characters in Cowboy Bebop. :laugh:
I don't know if Excellence would agree to being in a group with me, only because I'm so much more worse than him o:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Glyph can vouch for me.

um, what's this about anyway? lol
My next tournament is called Cosby Bebop where you join up with three other people in the tournament and try to have one member make it to the end. One person will win a big prize while the other members, even if they all get elminated in the first round, will win a smaller prize.

Barge

I got an infraction for making a "spam" thread in the toon link boards. However the sonic boards never get infractered

Yaya

Smash Champion
I say Stryks, IsmaR, Ary, and I represent the clan Wrath of Ridley.

*Glares at Ary*

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I say Stryks, IsmaR, Ary, and I represent the clan Wrath of Ridley.

*Glares at Ary*
Personally, I hope Yoshididdy, Mmac, Chaco, and Naucitos make a team. One of my options in the tournament will be that you can only have more people use the same character if everyone uses the same character and I think it would be something to see if they all used Yoshi.

cba

Smash Master
NICE title "Cosby Bebop", i like it.
wow, i still cant believe you took me into consideration =D.
so its a team of 4 (FMOI, GLYPH, BARGE, and either of the above )
and that sig thing w/ the 4 mains sounds AMAZING!!!

Barge

Okay, I'll be on tommorow.
More people need to join our tourneys! I wanna get this thing starteddddddddd!
I'm so excited :D

cba

Smash Master
I got an infraction for making a "spam" thread in the toon link boards. However the sonic boards never get infractered
that is sooooo foul. the mods are like that (stingy, grimey, ect). and worse of all you cant protest. like thats messed up. it happened to me once, but not w/ a mod.
EDIT: NEvermind - just remembered - can i use ZSS in your tourney (will probably b the only one... plzzzz)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
NICE title "Cosby Bebop", i like it.
wow, i still cant believe you took me into consideration =D.
so its a team of 4 (FMOI, GLYPH, BARGE, and either of the above )
and that sig thing w/ the 4 mains sounds AMAZING!!!
It's based on one of my favorite things on the internet:

Cosby Bebop

If you don't get the reference, here's the original thing:

"Tank" by the Seatbelts.

Salem

Smash Champion
Hey... isn't Helter Skelter the name of that guy from NMH that you never get to fight?
Funny...

Also, this is how the rules go right? a cycle...

My Character

They're Character

My Character Again.

Halaster

Smash Ace
@ Salem: The way these things seem to work is that... Well, let me throw up an example...

Guy(Olimar/Mario) vs. Dude(Yoshi/Marth).

Guy uses Mario for this set, Dude uses Yoshi.

Round 1: Guy (Mario) defeats Dude (Yoshi)
Now Guy has to win as Yoshi in order to win the set.

Round 2: Guy (Yoshi) loses to Dude (Yoshi)
Now Dude has to win as Mario in order to win the set.

Round 3: Guy (Yoshi) defeats Dude (Mario)

You have to win as both characters that are chosen. I hope the example clears things up.

Edit: Heh, the second round is always going to be a ditto.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Hey FM, if the whole Bebop team thing goes thru I want to be Jet.

...or the Corgi. I forget its name :p

Halaster

Smash Ace
Friendlies, anyone?
My Lucario is going to need a lot of work before this tourney starts.

Edit: and if I participate in the next tourney I call being my team's Spike! (And the corgi's name is Ein)

Hyrulean21

Smash Apprentice
All right, I'm in this thing, it sounds fun. Put me down for Bowser/Link for now. PM me for friendlies, I could use some work, too.

Top Bottom