• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FMOI and co present "Helter Skelter", a Halloween Tourney! ZEON IS THE CHAM-PEE-ON!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yeah, I'll change it.

@ Sir Bevedere:

Go ahead and join and we'll see how things turn out. If anything, you can get your first two matches done by the time you have to leave and you'll be back in time for the ending of round 3 if you advance that far.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
D:

That entire weekend I'm busy. I have practice on Saturday (I THINK I do, anyways) from 6 to 9, and on Sunday I'm going to a birthday party from 2 to 8. :/

Can I still enter the tournement? I should be able to work my way around the first rounds and have enough time to compete, though on Sunday I'll have almost no chance of competing...though I doubt I'd make it that far anyways. And if by some chance I do, I'll just quit the matches that I can't get to.

(If you agree to this, then I will enter as Sonic and my "counterpick" will be Jiggs. Rofl, a lightweight low tier character with some difficulty killing? Even with the "medium" learning slope, anyone with a half-decent racking and killing game and a flexible recovery should own her without too many problems.)

In any case, I will still stick around in this thread to pester you all with friendly requests. :p
Don't diss Jiggs, shes dangerous in the right hands, and downright annoying.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Don't diss Jiggs, shes dangerous in the right hands, and downright annoying.
That's why I'm counting on the fact that there aren't many people who's hands are right for handling her. :laugh:

...And did you just call Jiggs annoying when I picked Sonic as my character?

Mmac

Smash Lord
I sign up again, but I wouldn't be surprised if I got spiked through the stage yet again >_>

Yoshi/Ganondorf for me.

Mmac

Smash Lord
You use Ganondorf? :confused: That's a surprize.
I was thinking about using Pit, but then I remembered that they have to use the main I'm using. Generally, someone who doesn't know how to use Pit is going to be leagues harder than someone not knowing how to use Ganondorf.

And yes, I do use Ganondorf, though not as often...

Halaster

Smash Ace
Ok... scratch Marth... he is practically a universal secondary... How about... Lucario. I would like to give him a go.

Edit: Please change my Marth to Lucario when you get the chance.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
This tournament is on the same day as mine D:
I know, but I don't want to screw up your tourney. :/ I don't know the exact times of when the rounds will be for your tourney, so I can't really tell if I'd be available at all.

I know I'm not going to get far in this tourney, even if I didn't have these massive personal time restraints. It's more for fun and character knowledge than it is for anything else.

Excellence

Smash Champion
Has anyone noticed the large amounts of people choosing Sonic as one of their characters? Perhaps, more people know how to use Sonic than everyone thinks and he isn't such a great choice. While, someone like Snake and Zero Suit Samus - who require more than just a basic knowledge of their controls; smarts - are perfect choices, which allow the smartest player to win. Are you smarter than your opponent? You'd find out playing those characters.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Has anyone noticed the large amounts of people choosing Sonic as one of their characters? Perhaps, more people know how to use Sonic than everyone thinks and he isn't such a great choice. While, someone like Snake and Zero Suit Samus - who require more than just a basic knowledge of their controls; smarts - are perfect choices, which allow the smartest player to win. Are you smarter than your opponent? You'd find out playing those characters.
Who are you going to enter as?

Halaster

Smash Ace
I had actually been thinking that as well, Excellence. But with Sonic I think there is no middle room. Either you use him, or you don't. His playstyle seems to evoke a love it or hate it response from most people. Those who aren't used to him have a fair amount of trouble with him, but a fair number of people are competent with him. So for them I guess you bring out your other character.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Sheesh, FMOI, give yourself a break from the tourney's for a month.

G&W/Pokemon Trainer

Excellence

Smash Champion
Why not? Trouble in the marriage?
I hope you're being sarcastic when you say, "Trouble in the marriage" because I'm not nearly as old as I sound, then again that depends on how old you think I sound. I'm choosing not to enter just because, but I do want to spectate the threads and see who wins. I've already got the person I'm expecting to win all mapped out.

Halaster

Smash Ace
Excellence is clearly choosing not to enter because he doesn't know how to use Sonic. If he manages to discourage enough people from using Sonic via his posts, he will enter.

Joking.

Excellence

Smash Champion
Excellence is clearly choosing not to enter because he doesn't know how to use Sonic. If he manages to discourage enough people from using Sonic via his posts, he will enter.

Joking.
You know, as conniving a person as I am, I have yet to do something like that. You'd better watch out, I could just be leading you all to an unforeseen demise.

Excellence

Smash Champion
Well i don't have a C-stick so i can't do falco. And Dedede is just....Dedede...:laugh:
Why would you need a C-Stick, are you a bit lagging on your technical acumen? All you have to do is chaingrab to spike anyone who is vulnerable to it and short-hop-double-laser anyone who you can't chaingrab. Any Falco can do those things, but not many Falco know how to K.O. properly. You've got people spamming FSmash for their lives, those who DSmash like they're stuck on stupid, and your typical careless Falco, who uses Phantasm off the ledge and SDs.

King Dedede is a really good choice. Only the good DDDs know how to deal with an opponent who cannot be chaingrabbed.

Or! You could use Olimar. All most people know to do is shield grab and hurl pikmin, not many know what to do in any other situation.

Shogun_Fox

Smash Ace
Why would you need a C-Stick, are you a bit lagging on your technical acumen? All you have to do is chaingrab to spike anyone who is vulnerable to it and short-hop-double-laser anyone who you can't chaingrab. Any Falco can do those things, but not many Falco know how to K.O. properly. You've got people spamming FSmash for their lives, those who DSmash like they're stuck on stupid, and your typical careless Falco, who uses Phantasm off the ledge and SDs.

King Dedede is a really good choice. Only the good DDDs know how to deal with an opponent who cannot be chaingrabbed.

Or! You could use Olimar. All most people know to do is shield grab and hurl pikmin, not many know what to do in any other situation.
Well i can do the chain grab pretty well...and yes unfortunately i've fought some pretty crappy Falcos. I'm one of the Falco's who don't know how to K.O. properly :laugh: . As for Dedede, Fatman is a beast with him but I can't use him in that technical way... I dunno..I just can't haha. And you were supposed to teach me Olimar. I've used what i saw you do aganst me against other people and some of it actually worked :chuckle: .

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Whenever I log onto my computer, how do I get rid of the stuff that pops up right when I log on?
-msn, aim etc-

Excellence

Smash Champion
Well i can do the chain grab pretty well...and yes unfortunately i've fought some pretty crappy Falcos. I'm one of the Falco's who don't know how to K.O. properly :laugh: . As for Dedede, Fatman is a beast with him but I can't use him in that technical way... I dunno..I just can't haha. And you were supposed to teach me Olimar. I've used what i saw you do aganst me against other people and some of it actually worked :chuckle: .
If you'd like I will.

Ugh, gay.
:urg:
Go into your system tray and turn them off. Then you'll be ased to restart your computer, do it and you're set.

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
♥This time, I'm hopefully making it to the Quarterfinals! ;)

♥Awwwww.. drats. This sure does give an advantage to people who "main" everybody.
*hinthint* ;)

♥But then again, the opponents of many people might get thrown off by the unusual playstyles. ;)

♥Oh! I haven't said who I'll be using.....

♥Peach and.... Either Kirby or Zelda....

♥I'll decide before the deadline. ;)

Top Bottom