• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Flux's "How to do obscure things w/ Fox" series!, Video "how to" series

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
/thread until i become man enough to make another episode, go to cactuars ask stuff thread if you want to swoon over how sexy he is not here =3

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
Lol. Is the term for that going to be "Cactus Aerials"? I still have no idea what Cactus Dashing is...
Nope, I just didn't have the time to write "momentum boosted aerials or whatever cactuar calls them." :D

Plus I figured "why not suck up to Cactuar a little? It's what all the cool kids are doing." Lol

€: Also I think Cactus dashing is just wavedashing backwards and dashing forward so you dash in place..... not sure though lol

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
sorry but im not going to be using any AR stuff with this series because that would be unfair to everyone else who tries to learn the stuff which was so easily created.

also i have no cube/wii atm but within the next week or so i should be picking one up since gc's are so cheap XD

otherwise i have raynex working on this with me putting together some sexy footage, expect the next ep (episode 3) coming soon with creative/effective ways to get back from the edge (complimenting with ep 2 which was ways to get on the edge)

give me wavelanding ideas so that i can use cactuars **** for episode 4 i want episode 4 to be all about wavelanding ^^ (mainly using platforms) but other stuff is welcome of course =D

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I've been recording since about two days ago. I just can't edit. I'm going to my friend's house tomorrow to make it look all fancy and shiiet.

uhhh flux ill show you what it looks when im on aim next time.

vazor

Smash Apprentice
Awesome thanks for putting together videos haha.

I dunno maybe an episode all about throws; something about jump cancelling grabs; why downthrow sucks/does not suck; whether fox can/cannot chaingrab anyone; etc etc
I'm just learning but nailing repeated upthrows on certain characters has been fun for me...

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
thanks for the support guys :)

sorry about how sluggish I have been with the coming of the next episode but I have had a lot of things to do lately!

Also I finally got a new cube and I'll be talking to raynex about how the next episode will be set up.... so expect it soon! :bee:

edit: raynex i am almost always invis on aim btw LOL so try msg'ing me even if it says im offline if you need me.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
We'll get on it after this huge tourny streak I've been ******. I have like 4 more tournies lined up for the coming weekends. Total of 6 lololol

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
I'm going to Flatzone tournament this weekend somewhere in Canada LOL 12 hour drive so I'll be gone from Thurs - Mon.

But don't worry I've been getting stuff and Raynex is helping too when he can get recorded =)

Just look for a big update from me maybe within the next week or 2

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
i think flux might have quit smash. <.< i dont wanna speak for him, but i THINK he did. raynex are you taking over this thread?

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
If I could record I'd be more than happy to collaborate with Raynex.

Edit: I can record, but I can't digitize footage.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Flux might quit smash? Is it because he got 4 stocked by Brad. looooooooooooooololololol.

Nah. It's k.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
i think flux might have quit smash. <.< i dont wanna speak for him, but i THINK he did. raynex are you taking over this thread?
If I could record I'd be more than happy to collaborate with Raynex.

Edit: I can record, but I can't digitize footage.
uh oh.

Luckily I have more time to record and stuff now so if Flux really is gone...

FF and I shall take up the challenge. I'm going to talk to Flux on aim first though. He should at least participate in the series that he started, because I think it could really be something that smashers will appreciate in the long run.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
he never 4 stocked me idk where that came from lol

but yeah im taking a nice long break from smash but im still running this project if raynex can help me out with footage because i wont be recording anything.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
Flux, I'd be glad to help as soon as I can digitize footage. I don't know when that will be, however.

Keep in contact via AIM or Msn. Feel free to add me.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
perhaps in the future, the next episode however will introduce the different ways to get back onto the stage from the edge - which is in correlation with episode 2 which was getting onto the edge.

I need ideas!

I WILL RECORD and make this as soon as i get sufficient ideas loool

- jump with aerial attack...
- standard drop -> quick waveland back on...

- shine turn around bair back on...
- wall jump -> over b?

thats all i got off the top of my head at this second lol anyone have some more creative ideas?

edit:

new idea:

- yoshi's story waveland from edge onto platform
- Pokemon Stadium illusion cancel over platforms

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
you could do this for everystage. cuz on PS you can edgehop illusion cancel the platforms and stuff. go over each stages individual tricks.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
alright you guys will have to tell me what to do and ill pick from them then because i dont know all the tricksiez anymore :p

adding in ideas to post as i see them

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
you could incorporate the instant walljump on final destination into stuf, like dj bair.

Top Bottom