• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Flux's "How to do obscure things w/ Fox" series!, Video "how to" series

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
I'm looking to get my capture card working as soon as i get windows 7 installed in the near future, but i dont really know what would be a good idea for the next episode...

im thinking i could probably make an entire episode off of more oos options and tricks involving sheilding in general.. but let me know if someone else has another awesome idea that they'd like to see and I'll give it some thought :)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
horizontal SH wavelands (air dodge frame 21 of airborne to be able to do it horizontally)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i don't know if there are. just shorthop and hold perfectly left or right and air dodge when you're really close to the ground and if you get an air dodge, do it later, if you don't, do it earlier, and you'll be able to do it after some trial & error. it goes farther than a usual wavedash.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
oh i usually called that triangle jumping but just with the waveland lol, ill keep that in mind

you really hold all the way left or right though not down at all?

Zodiac

Smash Master
This a cool thread, gonna put some shine bairing off the ledge into practice today

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I'm thinking for the next episode I was just gonna show a bunch of different things I practice; such as how i practice shield pressure/different approaches/ways to shield pressure safely (using either handicap DK/Bowser, or star powerz) ... seems kinda lame but maybe its good to show others that dont know how to practice as fox? I think it really makes a difference cuz most foxes have problems with being consistent and i think it might be the best way to practice not ****ing up!

let me know what yall on the fox boards think or if you have any better ideas throw them out there for me!

also here's proof that I ACTUALLY have my dazzle working again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjzXiVaeAHg

new episode coming soon...

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I only started doing what you described a few days ago, and I must say, it works like a charm. I've gotten much better at shield pressure and learned how to do shinegrab. It's really good but doesn't need a video to explain, imo.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
yeahh i felt like it wouldnt be very useful cuz everyone already knows how to practice that:/

i could show sweet spot things with over+b? even i only know how to do it on pokemon stadium and a little on yoshis so i'd learn a thing or 2 in the process loll... any better ideas throw them out there i prolly wont start on it til the weekends over unless i get bored tonight :p

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Maybe you could talk about stuff like shield pressure, options for getting back from the ledge or out of shield options?

I think recovering from being on the ledge would be a good video.

superseaweed

Smash Rookie
Can you post a video on how to moonwalk with fox as well as multi-shining techniques like double shining?

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
the only prob with showing how to moonwalk with fox, is that its the same thing with every char, you just gotta figure out how to do the inputs at the proper timing within the confinements of your champions frames/dash animation ://

for multishines i usually only ever do 2 and i press "down+b > up on control stick > down+b again" then usually up again to jump out of it orrr waveshine out like a normal waveshine idk. want me to make u a short video showing these things for you still? i could

WHA?

Smash Ace
i don't know if there are. just shorthop and hold perfectly left or right and air dodge when you're really close to the ground and if you get an air dodge, do it later, if you don't, do it earlier, and you'll be able to do it after some trial & error. it goes farther than a usual wavedash.
haha i read this and was like wtf???
but i realized thats how ganons and samus' waveland back to the stage

i was messing with this yesterday and yea its goes way further than wavelanding while holding down/left or down/right
but is it faster??? cause when i was doing it it seemed to be so fast that i didnt even get time to release the shiled botton before fox was already at the end of the waveland

or maybe its just me being weird cause im not used to the timing and so i dont realese the shield when im supposed to.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Important

!!!! Got My New Comp So Next Episode And Ongoing Coming This Week !!!!

My goal with these vids from now on is going to be less fancy/childish like i used to be
and be hella pr0 and give in depth use of things and how to do them/practice them! in a much more professional manner! (videos MIGHT be a lot more bearable to watch!)

Here are my thoughts of whats going to go into a few of them (this is all mainly for the bump and to hype what u guys r about to see :p)

1. How to practice shield pressure/consistency (with in depth explanation of hit stun/shield stun and how to exploit that good stuff)

2. isai dropping (zzz)

3. usage of sheild drop - also wanted to ask u guys - what u guys call it when ur on a platform and u are facing the edge of it with ur shield up... u bait them into sliding u off the plat and insta back-air them? i wanna show ppl some cool tricks u can do w/ that but idk what its called...

4. how to practice teching the stage!

5. some fun stuff such as side-b sweetspot trixxx... shinegrab use...

just a bit of what i have in store this week... gonna put in a lot of work and hope u guys will keep in touch w/ me on my thread to keep ideas bouncing back (need them!). Just trying 2 do the world a favor.

Thanks a lot all!

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
3. usage of sheild drop - also wanted to ask u guys - what u guys call it when ur on a platform and u are facing the edge of it with ur shield up... u bait them into sliding u off the plat and insta back-air them? i wanna show ppl some cool tricks u can do w/ that but idk what its called...
thats not what shield dropping is for sure. I watched a video where shiz did that recently and I think someone called it something that had to do with florida, i cant really remember...

and how do you practice teching the stage? I used to go on falco;s target test and tech off the burners. I'm curious what you doo

Meneks

Smash Lord
thats not what shield dropping is for sure. I watched a video where shiz did that recently and I think someone called it something that had to do with florida, i cant really remember...
I remember seeing that, I use it all the time, but I don't know the name of it either lol

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
I'm not saying they're the same thing... I'm saying id include both shield dropping and that thing in 1 episode since they both have 2 do with platforms.

Also question for some better fox players: is it possible to shield drop thru a platform straight out of shield stun? pretty sure i've done it b4 on accident maybe.. and it might be ez pz to buffer with shield stun? idk just some theory crafting/remembering things :/

Meneks

Smash Lord
Like if someone is pressuring your shield on a platform and all of a sudden you just shield drop?

I figure it would be like rolling out of shield stun, so I see that as being possible but hard to do when pressured

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Well u can buffer a roll by holding c stick left or right while in shield stun.. I wonder if theres a way to buffer a shield drop whilst in shield stun? :glare:

**** would be so clean with marth with shield drop uair .____.

Meneks

Smash Lord
Probably not, you might just end up rolling, and at that point might not be that worth it with a lot of characters aside from the ones with wide uairs, like marth lol

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
The next episode (or 2) has been decided finally!

(for competitive players looking to learn a new(for some of you) useless situational technique)
-shield drop techniques/uses... along with being pushed off the edge of a plat in ur shield and uses for that!

(for beginners looking to step it up)
-how to practice teching the edge/how to practice consistency//shield pressure

Lovage

Smash Hero
i hope this helps some people, but imma KEEP IT REAL

i hate this type of practice, where you only do one thing at a time (ledge-teching, shield pressure drills,) it's a big waste of time!

you should just play vs. lv. 1 (or 4,7,9s) and practice comboing them around the stage while moving as fast as possible on platforms, executing really good ledge guards, and wavelanding and wavedashing a lot so you overall get faster at the game

that's how i've always done it and i think it's awesome practice

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
Well u can buffer a roll by holding c stick left or right while in shield stun.. I wonder if theres a way to buffer a shield drop whilst in shield stun? :glare:

**** would be so clean with marth with shield drop uair .____.
No buffer for shield drop fortunately =)
Would be too good.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord

i hate this type of practice, where you only do one thing at a time (ledge-teching, shield pressure drills,) it's a big waste of time!

you should just play vs. lv. 1 (or 4,7,9s) and practice comboing them around the stage while moving as fast as possible on platforms, executing really good ledge guards, and wavelanding and wavedashing a lot so you overall get faster at the game

Haha thanks man, deff agree'd... I feel like movement is one of the most important things, practicing like this too much could **** that up//take away from real match experience and in turn make you LOSE more loll.. hopefully this doesn't get people in the habit of standing around too much :p

main goal here was to give people a thing or 2 to practice in case they haven't ever heard of it u know? Take gr1p for example XDD for very very new players who are inconsistent with their L cancels

Really appreciate the feedback though, keep it coming and I'll do my best to make them better and better... need new ideas too!

Meneks

Smash Lord

I agree about practicing combos, buuuuuuut practicing ledge techs are important, if theres anything you need to take the time out to practice in terms of recovering, its probably ledge techs..

I actually used the sensorbomb training method couple years ago and became preeeeeeeeeeeetty consistent with ledge techs, it doesn't even really take time to practice, once you get it you got it and you can move on...

I'd probably suggest new players to practice with the sensor bomb technique until they can ledge tech 3 out of 5 tries and then move on..
I see it as a way for you to learn how to actually ledgetech rather than practicing.

Edit: Whats the benefit of playing lvl 4,7,9 cps?
I've always had the idea that playing level 9s would throw me waaaaaaaaaay the **** off.
Never tried 4, and 7

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Level 1 and 4 cpu DI's most the time where the others don't (idk what lvl 7s do)

I like practicing vs lvl 9s for "close quarters combat" practice loll.. cuz if u mess up they usually power shield or hit u with a slap or something.. so I just go in on lvl 9s and combo them loll. lets hear what lovage has 2 say?

FearZ

Smash Rookie
Fox waveshining fox

Waveshining fox as fox is relatively easy to do if you are the fox performing the waveshine. the difficult part is playing against a fox with perfect smash DI to get hit consecutively by the following waveshines so really it's completely impractical to even practice. If you wanted to do it for fun then choose a level 9 fox as your opponent because they always have perfect DI. You would start by grabbing at 0 percent and upthrowing the other fox and waveshine moving in the backwards direction of where your character is looking. :)

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Thinkin about making a new vid... jus been bored... and kinda into smash again :)

I would like to make it featuring sweet spotting the edge with side+b cancel at diff ranges and reg side+b... and ways you can use dropping off platforms/stage oos... got some good ideas for that stuff and might also just show some other little gimmicks to make it interesting!

open to suggestions for future vids! I'd like to learn something new l0l

Top Bottom