• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Florida Thread (Revamp Underway)

Do you want to make this thread relevant again?

• Yes, I've been waiting so long for this day!

Votes: 28 93.3%
  • No, this thread was never used much anyway.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I never even knew this thread existed...

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
lame. How'd you get your code then? Must have gotten it working at some point. :)

I'll go ahead and add you in.

FloridaMeister

Smash Apprentice
was it a used system? normally you don't have a code until you connect it online. Probably so codes aren't wasted on people that never intend to go online, like retirement homes with Wii bowling.

Also, do you live in both Dunedin and Clearwater at times or is that just a proximity thing? like "Dunedin, near clearwater". I ask because the slashes are meant for summer/break to show you're in different areas at different times of the year.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
It wasn't a used system but whatever I don't know

I live on the border of Clearwater and Dunedin....literally the border is through my street

edit: might as well keep it Dunedin...seeing how Clearwater smash is basically...Dunedin...and only Dunedin

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
If I can get a venue worked out sometime this week (I'm looking into it) then I'll be hosting a tournament sometime in Feb...IF the venue works...After that, I'm going to be asking you guys for the date you want, etc etc.

Acro

Smash Ace
hey i'm comin to FL on spring break someone here should party with me and play some smash... but mainly party -

RyuDeathstrike

Smash Cadet
Heh... I'm planning on head'n up to UNF for my Spring Break(3/31-4/4'ish) as usual... so I'll be expecting a few games on Brawl and/or Melee when I get there!!! Maybe we could get a little tourny goin while I'm up there...

Can't wait.

jodo

Smash Cadet
Maybe like a big "Farewell Melee" tournament before Brawl comes out... not saying we have to stop playing it tho :p
I'm in WPB too - as long as it's less than an hour away I'll try to be there.

Ares.

Smash Journeyman
Ares.... When/Why Marth?
O_o since your so interested.

Anyways, after really reviewing my weak points, and some really technical stuff, I decided to change from fox to marth.

To really be detailed -

Compared to marth vs fox, fox is the better pick, says the Tier list anyways. But alot of people don't really see how flexible marth can be. Marth can always keep range no matter what, with fox though, his range is very limited, and im not to good at handling pressure, from inside an hit zone.

Also im very technical, and playing as fox really did produce the outcome of my style. But I depended to much on technical skill, and I limited myself in becoming better. So I decided to downgrade to a Main who would not require as much technical skill, that way I could focus on more important factors.

And on When it was prob after Honors tournament? I don't remember :p

Honors

Smash Journeyman
I was asked by the AVACS president to do another tournament, so this may be my final tournament. This will most likely be at the end of this month or beginning of next month. Just want some input to see if anyone is interested.

It will be 1v1 only and most likely I won't enter to ensure the tournament to run smoothly without errors.

The entrance fee will be 10 dollars

Prizes will be around 100 dollars first, 150 if I'm capable of getting 50 people to getting to the tournament.

around 50-70 (maybe 100, but no guarantee) dollars for second place depending on amount of people coming. (This is a possible estimate, the president didn't told me what 2nd place prize will be.)

3rd place will get whatever Red Bull will sponsor us. (gift cards, red bull, etc.)

Don't take my word for prizes as 100% yet, since the president is debating on the prizes.

Again, if I decide to do this tournament, it will run smoothly, cause I want this tournament to be successful. All I need is your support.

Ares.

Smash Journeyman
I was asked by the AVACS president to do another tournament, so this may be my final tournament. This will most likely be at the end of this month or beginning of next month. Just want some input to see if anyone is interested.

It will be 1v1 only and most likely I won't enter to ensure the tournament to run smoothly without errors.

The entrance fee will be 10 dollars

Prizes will be around 100 dollars first, 150 if I'm capable of getting 50 people to getting to the tournament.

around 50-70 (maybe 100, but no guarantee) dollars for second place depending on amount of people coming. (This is a possible estimate, the president didn't told me what 2nd place prize will be.)

3rd place will get whatever Red Bull will sponsor us. (gift cards, red bull, etc.)

Don't take my word for prizes as 100% yet, since the president is debating on the prizes.

Again, if I decide to do this tournament, it will run smoothly, cause I want this tournament to be successful. All I need is your support.

Whoooo honors for brrrrraaaawwwwllll....

ill be there, of course and this time I will be playing singles baby.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
FLMeister, I got a name change. Vicious Delicious needs to replace Unsung Master under both the Melee and Brawl Smash Locaters :)

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
hey if wifi works I want to play with you guys at the brawl smashfests
maybe even sign up for tournaments through credit card! just call me for mah matches *****

RyuDeathstrike

Smash Cadet
Anybody up for some friendlies in the UCF/Orlando area tomorrow afternoon?
I have class at night, so I could play untill 5pm or so.

I need to get better for the next Gig, and computers can only get me so far.

Honors

Smash Journeyman
Florida Meister:

I doubt it matters much, but I just wanted to let you know about a minor correction on the history of smash of Southeast FL. LW_48 was my brother's second account. His first was Lighted_Warrior4 at 9/7/02. Here is the link

http://smashboards.com/member.php?u=8787

To Everyone:

Any anyone interested in the NSU Tournament at Davie/Ft. Lauderdale FL go to either one of these links

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=142642

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=140679

10 dollar entry fee (goes to AVACS)

Prizes

1st: 150 dollars
2nd: 75 dollars
3rd: 35 dollar gift card

For consent form for those under 13 without a guardian must download form from this website:

http://www.nova.edu/avacs

Laijin

Smash Hero
Anyone wanna go to Get Four Stocked 5? In Columbus, GA?

The rest of the South east is going(TN, GA, AL, SC, NC, MS, AK, and everyone else I forget). Florida never goes to SE tournaments(meaning, you guys are pretty much isolated from the rest of the SE). Last big South East tournament before Brawl comes out.

FL should totally go.

Top Bottom