• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Florida Gaming - Brawl/Melee Tourney - Orlando, Fl - 8/8/09 (TOMORROW )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masky

Smash Master
if you guys want this to be a big tournament at attracts OOS players you'll have to make that decision within the next 1-2 days if you want OOS people to be able to make plans/buy plane tickets. this tournament is only about a month away

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
why do a two day tourney on a friday and saturday? it would have to be on a saturday-sunday. not everyone can just miss a friday like that.

and if you do have it two days, just have all of melee saturday and all of brawl sunday. or whichever. stretching any even over both days is a horrible idea for this type of tournament. If this tourney were more months down the road and whatnot, then possibly. But a month is not enough time to have a weekend long tourney that has the same game stretch across both days

Masky

Smash Master
why do a two day tourney on a friday and saturday? it would have to be on a saturday-sunday. not everyone can just miss a friday like that.

and if you do have it two days, just have all of melee saturday and all of brawl sunday. or whichever. stretching any even over both days is a horrible idea for this type of tournament. If this tourney were more months down the road and whatnot, then possibly. But a month is not enough time to have a weekend long tourney that has the same game stretch across both days
what GDX said

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
yeaaaaaaaaaa panama city awesome

so i'm gonna go watch myself save all mankind from the machines in terminator 2

sweet

-Spike-

Smash Ace

This guy speaks da truth! And it seems that most people agree that a 2day tourney would be fun, but would cause alot of issues. So one day FTW!

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
If you want OOS to go you should probably 1. get shiz confirmed and 2. post this in tournament listings and 3. make it sound like a national tournament instead of just "Florida Gaming," which has connotations of being just for floridians.
im working on getting shiz confirmed. i already posted this in tournament listings. florida gaming is just the name of the business.

because fri. and sat. is all we can do right now. we want it to be sat-sun, but we're having issues with booking.

again, ive posted in more than one post already, that if we do 2-day, its gonna be one whole game 1 day, and the other game the other day. not strecthed between the 2 days. The reasoning for the 2 day was to make it bigger, attract more people, add pools, and add more side events.

but we cant have half the community crying, so im about to make it a 1-day thing again.
i will admit that it was on short notice, but we want to do a big, 2 day one in december.

is sandtru gmoney?

-FG hiro

Finch

Smash Lord
Yeah sandtru is gmoney

Are you waiting until december to do another Florida Gaming? If you want that one to be huge then post it in tournament listings now and give it a catchy name and say you want everyone to come. That's how you host national tournaments.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
lol it's like finch is tryin to be lex luther to my superman but he just looks like one of the jonas brothers

-!-

Smash Lord
if it will be a one day one game, I hope Saturday is brawl :) and if this turns out to be a one day thing then Saturday it is. though it would be nice to be sat.-sun. if this where to stay a 2 day tourney.

Finch

Smash Lord
lol it's like finch is tryin to be lex luther to my superman but he just looks like one of the jonas brothers
I'm lost. Do you mean I'm trying to tell people who you are?

Also you can't say anyone looks like a Jonas brother unless you're talking about captain crunch. It's a rule.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
I'm lost. the *** is capt. crunch?

and i wrote that post while out of it

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ghaudephaede010

Smash Journeyman
It looks like I am coming and bringing a scrub partner! Jacksonville is slowly getting behind me and a scene is showing up. So far, five people rawr!!!!

I will make a scene here if it runs me out of house and home!!!

Wayyyyyyyyyyy off topic but here but I was playing Pokemon thee other day and noticed Regigigas and thought about the funny fact that Reggie is short for Reginald... so now we call him Reginaldgigas... and if he evolved again, it would be Giggitygigas!

Also, think we can get the band Emperor to play for thee hour intermission? <3 Emperor

Gindler

Smash Champion
It looks like I am coming and bringing a scrub partner! Jacksonville is slowly getting behind me and a scene is showing up. So far, five people rawr!!!!

I will make a scene here if it runs me out of house and home!!!

Wayyyyyyyyyyy off topic but here but I was playing Pokemon thee other day and noticed Regigigas and thought about the funny fact that Reggie is short for Reginald... so now we call him Reginaldgigas... and if he evolved again, it would be Giggitygigas!

Also, think we can get the band Emperor to play for thee hour intermission? <3 Emperor
It's looking like I'll have to move back to jax for a bit. That'll help the jax scene :)

Geoff is all jax needs though.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
gindzzzzzzzz, if you're in jax while i'm in jax and you do NOT go to UNF to chill

imma be mad

btw, jax is gonna start hosting monthlies and biweeklies and crap galore!!!

UNF is still gonna be where it's at for smash/tmntsmash

there's actually a tourney at this lan center in neptune beach on the 11th...............

Gindler

Smash Champion
Ha, is there a usual UNF smash day?

Probably going to have to stop by after my lease runs out in PL.

TNMT smash better not be a let down. April+footninja will be top tier.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
nah dude

we don't organize **** usually

it's just like.. someone calls someone

that someone calls another someone

and so on

then we all end up playing at the gameroom or my place or w/e

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
THIS IS NOW A 1 DAY TOURNEY AGAIN!!!

as a community based business, we do listen to what you guys say. so after taking everything into consideration, we will be doing all this on the 8th. Registration will start at 8am. You can register for anything at this time.

before we make any more schedule announcements, we need to get some more side tourneys official.

-FG hiro

Florida Gaming

Smash Journeyman
1 day event!!

be happy!!!!

its gonna be packed with smashers!!!!!!!

everyone needs to come to this!!!

we want 200+!

if your thinking about it, stop, just come!!!!!!!!!!

-FG hiro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom