• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Floaty Purposes [MEWTWO GENERAL]

Rikana

Smash Champion
Jump->double jump ASAP->peach lands laglessly-> dsmash
5 or 6 frames slower than just a reguarly dsmash
Just to clarify for anyone that is confused: the reason why Peach lands is because her second jump slightly dips for a very brief moment enabling her to dSmash OoS.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
oh yeah i guess maybe not everyone knows that detail lol, i could understand the confusion
also works with yoshi, kinda wish M2 could too because I think it's one of the cooler techs

GeZ

Smash Lord
I gotta say in my experience so far with Mewtwo, he's going to be a character that confounds A LOT of players. He seems really uncomfortable to play and demands a solid understanding of his ranges and tools. I think when people devote the time and effort into him, he will become an omnipresent beast. But I also think that a lot of players (people in this thread no less) will play him, and be unsettled enough every time they pick him up to not want to play him anymore. I'd like to put the freakish amount of time into him, but I'm not sure yet. I'll see. We'll see.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
I hope it is not to difficult to use, but I expected him to be harder to use then other characters.I'll probably use him the most anyway though because he was my main in melee and my favorite pokemon.I know Roy will be very fun to use and the other characters that were in brawl.

Also 10 more days for Project M 3.0!

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
as long as he hasn't used his second jump he can hover even after teleport. I can't recall the video at the moment but it surprised people who were expecting to punish a teleport and he just hovered away.

bountyxhunted

Smash Cadet
guys i think we should have a section that compiles all the changes that mewtwo has. That way we won't get "x" question anymore we can just point them to the changes section.

GeZ

Smash Lord
I can't believe this only occurred to me now, but I realized my control set works perfectly to do hover combo's.

I have tap to jump off and Right Trigger set to jump (not as my primary jump button but just for some JC related tech) so I can start hover, and then have my thumb on the C-stick for aerials without having to claw.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Mewtwo = fat and floaty Lucas with FC aerials instead of a pseudo-shine

Think about it

*edit*
Oh yea and teleports...

Nguz95

Smash Lord
He's a little more like Ness, but yeah, i guess the two are similar. He doesn't have the benifit of a quick projectile like Lucas does though. He also can't charge any of his smashes. Imo that's the thing that separates Lucas from all the other technical characters.

2 C H i L L E D

Eternal Hitstun
3DS FC
3956-0619-2163
Can't wait for Mewtwo. I will really be looking forward to see how he turns out. I've spent enough time playing MK as a substitute. FC'ing is probably going to urk me tho.

Kai Zami

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EthixKumamoto
3DS FC
4055-5261-7956
what really urks me the most is that the Shadow Ball takes the sounds of Aura Sphere, but I'm sure I'll get over it soon :L

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
what really urks me the most is that the Shadow Ball takes the sounds of Aura Sphere, but I'm sure I'll get over it soon :L
Are you sure? That doesn't make much sense. The sound effect engine works.

xFumbles

Smash Apprentice
i dont care as much about that as i do that when you fully charge your shadow ball, there is no higher pitch sound to let you know its charged! just a small flash 3: ...

Vale

Smash Ace
Been playing for like 30 minutes and can already tell his guy is definitely going to be my main. Really cool to play as. Hi Mewtwo board!

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Mewtwo is great thanks pm really appreciate this!

Also turbo mode is aawesome anyone got any good mew two combos yet for turbo?

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
HOLY **** this character is difficult
i just gave up on trying to hover out of teleport with tap jump on
it's so difficult to teleport without using your DJ at the same time, especially considering it has to be a soft/slow input on the control stick to do the teleport with wasting double jump and THEN you have to aim it
And then hover cancels? ****, moving with hover is so damn sensitive, and the timing for each height is different.
this character is gonna require serious lab work

btw, interesting info from the lab- DJ and hover give the same height, excluding DJCing or extending DJ.

2 C H i L L E D

Eternal Hitstun
3DS FC
3956-0619-2163
Loving Mewtwo. He's so much better. The double jab was a gift. The range that he has is amazing. I can control space very easy with him. Hovering has so many uses, along with teleport they just make a great combination.
Hover Cancel's were alot easier than I thought they'd be. (I use L for HC's. Y works as well I just find L more comfortable for me. Feels like I have much more control over my hovering.) The platform games you can play with hover is crazy. You can also hover back and forth over an edge by wavedashing out of it.

Utilt.(Disjoints^_^) & Uair are just stunning. Fast. Great range, combos well. Along with Dtilt. Ftilt is great for spacing.
Wavedash is still godly. Bair is godly you can waveland out of it if needed. Disable can gimp offstage (drop down hit em. come back) Fsmash still as sexy as ever.

Shadow Ball canceling is so beautiful lol. And so is that gold plated armor. Just a great job by the pmbr. I feel the depth in the char. He's so comfortable to play. I can't wait to get even better with him.

And DrinkingFood please dont use tap jump lol you're making it so much harder than it has to be.

Edit: Yeah and you can teleport in place just jump before you upb. Y->B in a sliding motion.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Mewtwo feels amazing, despite the fact that I'd rather have new specials, Confusion and Disable both work quite well.

Hovering is going to take a little bit of practice, but it is easier than I thought it would be

there seems to be damage buffs across the board, and he is most certainly much heavier.

and I know that I'm playing Mewtwo since the first match I played to test out spacie combos I got hit in the ****ing tail

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Very excited about getting to play as Mewtwo again ♥
Very happy about the changes made to Confusion (it's like an unblockable attack-throw); the length of the animation also makes it a great (albeit a little risky) for an aerial gimp. Played Ganondorf last night and did an aerial confusion on him as he recovered. Both characters fell quite a ways down, but Mewtwo's stellar jump allowed me to grab the edge and laugh at Ganon's feeble attempt to recover. The fact that it reflects projectiles properly is just a bonus.

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
two things I noticed that feels off with mewtwo if you try to teleport into the ground downwards he goes to the right like pikachu so he can't teleport down platforms. his iasa frames for dtilt and dsmash seem slower as well. certainly chaining dtilt into more dtilt feels a bit slower and dsmash to another dsmash or just to dtilt feels slower as well

also it seems like if you teleport and then throw a full charge shadow ball you keep your air dodge haven't tested yet with non full charge

Divock

Smash Rookie
Mewtwo is a character that at first attempt I've been finding fun to play, and very tricky to get right. He feels like what I expect from Project M: A buffed version of what we had from Melee. Having recently picked up Mewtwo for casual play for Melee (and being a casual player of Melee in general), I found that his moveset just felt cleaner, slippery, but cleaner.

I also love the taunts <3

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
DrinkingFood
You might be deceiving yourself with the Up-B + using your DJ thing.
I thought I was too, but just turned up the volume and followed the sound to identify when I was doing it vs not after the TP. It's a little tight on timing, but the tightness is much more distinct on the Hover + not going Down the slightest bit afterwards to cancel it. Even with Tap-Jump off, the timing is actually a lot stricter regarding the Hover-in-place than the TP > Hover transition. Follow the sound-queues if possible.
Charge-Ball preserves Air-Dodges after TP?
Weird...
TP > Turn-Around Confusion/Disable are hilarious to mess with DD's.

Mister

Smash Rookie
NNID
MrMisterMisterMr
3DS FC
4742-4981-8845
So far, I am loving Mewtwo, but there's one thing I have trouble with.
When trying to wavedash, I end up hovering before the airdodge. Is there a possible way to get around this, or will I just have to improve my timing more?

Top Bottom