• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fliphop's Diddy at Hobo 12

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
I know there was a few matches recorded of me like my set against Royr and Lee Martin, but I'm waiting for those to be posted..

Fliphop vs. Hylian (GW) Matches 2 and 3
www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vVOBdLDtTs

I will update once I find more videos uploaded.

Count

Smash Champion
Ha I was like the first to watch this, I randomly looked for you on youtube yesterday and found that. It is neat that everyone's diddy playstyle is so unique, making us all able to learn a lot from each other.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
You won the tournament? Didn't look like a tournament winning type performance. No offence. You're not bad, just didn't look good enough to win a tournament...

Please don't take that the wrong way.

ADHD

Smash Hero
You won the tournament? Didn't look like a tournament winning type performance. No offence. You're not bad, just didn't look good enough to win a tournament...

metaknight was banned but don't flame this guy, congrats for winning the tourney flipflop and representing diddy!

Just I wouldn't use my dsmash at low percents ever but for some reason everyone else does. Dsmash is so good for KO'ing because of how it sends ppl and it's great straight from a trip at high percent.

Player-1

Smash Legend
metaknight was banned but don't flame this guy, congrats for winning the tourney flipflop and representing diddy!

Just I wouldn't use my dsmash at low percents ever but for some reason everyone else does. Dsmash is so good for KO'ing because of how it sends ppl and it's great straight from a trip at high percent.
Dsmash is the only one of diddy's attacks that hit on both sides of you so I use it any percent damage. Fsmash is better for killing and better out of a trip because some chars come up off the ground when you slip and it'll just miss.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

What is with this board?

I swear to ****ing god I want to hit something right now.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
It's all good, I got CP hard, and the 3rd match was too close. If only they recorded my Diddy vs Sethlon's Falco, it'll be more intense.

DUB

Smash Lord
Dsmash is the only one of diddy's attacks that hit on both sides of you so I use it any percent damage. Fsmash is better for killing and better out of a trip because some chars come up off the ground when you slip and it'll just miss.
Dsmash is quicker and a more reliable kill move. Good players will Smash DI out of the F-Smash.

Congrats Fliphop!

10:diddy:s

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
What is with this board?

I swear to ****ing god I want to hit something right now.
Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed that these forums have been overrun by no-name child players with an overwhelming penchant for not only being self-fellating, but also being shockingly public with riding their own d*ck. Seriously, boys; the smug, non-constructive commentary is getting old. Let's chill with tearing each other down before I really start knuckling down and taking infractions for curb-stomping your self-esteem.

Count

Smash Champion
Seriously, no calling people out for any reason, but especially if you don't have tourney results to back it up. It would be one thing if a diddy who is consistently winning/placing in tournies says 'nice job, but you don't seem to facing that stiff of competition. It's twice as bad when you aren't even placing in tournies and you tell people they are bad, that is just childish.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Anyone who took what I said to heart, chill the **** out. I wasn't trash talking anyone. Those videos in my OPINION did not look like top level Diddy material. Who said he sucks? They could have been bad matches. Obviously the one on Rainbow cruise wouldn't be an attractive game, but the one on Smashville didn't appeal to me. It could have been a bad match, who knows? He won and definitely deserves props, but doesn't mean I have to think it was a big tourny winning type Diddy. And for the people saying I'm a no name Diddy...I've probably won much more money with Diddy than you have and I am dead even with the top players in GA(not sure if that's something to brag about). Also, I was on these boards before most of you. I just stopped playing for a couple months :]

Player-1

Smash Legend
Dsmash is quicker and a more reliable kill move. Good players will Smash DI out of the F-Smash.

Congrats Fliphop!

10:diddy:s
Yes because out the HANDFULL of good brawlers only a FEW of those know you can DI out of an Fsmash and even fewer of the few of the handfull have reflexes to be able to identify the atk in the first few frames of the atk as an fsmash and start to DI it and even fewer than that can pull it off under the pressure of a tournament and the pressure diddy is giving out, correct?

Fsmash is soooooooo much more reliable than a dsmash for kills esp in GT. Also, I'm pretty sure once the dsmash enters it's 2nd hitbox frame, it's weaker than the first.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Anyone who took what I said to heart, chill the **** out. I wasn't trash talking anyone. Those videos in my OPINION did not look like top level Diddy material. Who said he sucks? They could have been bad matches. Obviously the one on Rainbow cruise wouldn't be an attractive game, but the one on Smashville didn't appeal to me. It could have been a bad match, who knows? He won and definitely deserves props, but doesn't mean I have to think it was a big tourny winning type Diddy. And for the people saying I'm a no name Diddy...I've probably won much more money with Diddy than you have and I am dead even with the top players in GA(not sure if that's something to brag about). Also, I was on these boards before most of you. I just stopped playing for a couple months :]
The only way you can tell skill from videos is by comparing how well they do against a well known player or someone you have played before. You can't just look at someone play and know how good they are without playing them. Your remark had no place here and was asking to be flamed.

SojinX

Smash Apprentice
Nice Hylian your GW is a beast but any way filp was really good two you both played really well

advent8812

Smash Rookie
Good stuff Fliphop on winning a tourny with Diddy :)

I would also like to see matches vs Marth because that is one match up that gives me problems.

-advent-

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
The only way you can tell skill from videos is by comparing how well they do against a well known player or someone you have played before. You can't just look at someone play and know how good they are without playing them. Your remark had no place here and was asking to be flamed.
"You're not bad, just didn't look good enough to win a tournament..."

I didn't say you ARE NOT good enough to win a tournament. OBVIOUSLY he is.

I also stated "please don't take that the wrong way".

I'm not trying to disrespect no one. The video and the placement just didn't seem to match correctly IMO. Apparently I should have kept that to myself lol...

Like I said. No disrespect. I love everyone :]

ice_cream_man

Smash Journeyman
Noir, I love you too!... Awkward pause...

But nice job winning HOBO 12 Fliphop, way to rep. the diddy's.

Advent- did you make another profile or something? Advent(8812?) same little "-advent-" shindig goin on.

Gnes

Smash Master
Wow u were right Flip...this was entertaining read...the only constructive criticism available*dont use d-smash so much*...

Btw...what is championship diddy...i havent seen a diddy in a grand finals match of a major tourney in any video...

Blad01

Smash Lord
oO

LOL at the diddy mains that are not happy to see an other diddy winning a tournament where Hylian, Sethlon, Lee, Roy_R, dmg, santi were present.

Personnally, i want to see the grand finals :p

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
fliphop is my doubles partner IRL and i <3 him,great job for winning FLIP..ol hylian got me :p..now royR knows the matchup >.>(oh noes)..do it again and itll be epic.

lol le thien i r housed with you for ohsnap

DUB

Smash Lord
Not to go off-topic but I saw Dojo coming in 9th in the tourney results. That's not bad of him either.

When are these videos coming? I'd love to see the matches against RoyR

Dojo

Smash Champion
Meh, wasn't too shabby for a first performance I suppose.

I beat a local Falco player first round 2-1. Then I beat Cyphus[Luigi/Kirby] and D4ba[Falco] (The walking counterpick) both 2-0. Lost to Lee's Lucario 2-0. And then had to play Hyli. Freaking close 3rd match. I cried a little inside. No shame losing to him though, he's too good...

That's my first little Diddy story.
Flip on the other hand.... Grand finals...
Too legexy. Nothing else can explain him... I don't even know.

My recorder fails so hard. Idk wtf happened...
My thousand apologies Flip. I really wish it could've been recorded. You're too nasty.

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
That is a sick match, great use of the popgun in the air. I need to do that ha.

Grats on winning the tournament dude!! keep it up, i wish i could win at a tournament in my area.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Soooooo, who's the guy on the left and who's the guy on the right in the vids? Like, which one's which?

Top Bottom