• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FL gives Seibrik no support

Snipa4800

Smash Lord
Seibrik has been getting little to no support from the smash community for the longest time.
Everyone in the community acts like they want to see him lose.
Whenever ESAM wins a tourney everyone cheers and congratulates him , including myself. Though I love ESAM , we really should be unbiased.
When Seibrik wins , he doesn't get any praise. Everyone just kind of consoles the person that lost to him. I know we're accustomed to Seibrik winning and we'd love to see someone else win for once.
But we can't forget hes still our friend who we see almost every weekend without fail and he deserves to not have the whole room cheering against him every match.

Aglow

Smash Journeyman
I think seibrik is one of the most generous and poised smashers I have met, and have felt the same way for a while.

Galeon

Smash Ace
Ya I'm gonna agree. He's one of the more helpful smashers and it is kind of a **** move the way everyone hopes he loses/cheers against him.

Tho I will say that I think it just comes from expectations. I've cheered against Seibrik when he's fighting Shaky or Snipa just cause I think they need the motivation/cheering more than Seibrik does. It's also the same reason that I stopped cheering for ESAM about a month ago (not purposely) and NickRiddle for a long while. I dont even remember the last time I congratulated them on winning or placing. If I did it every tourney, I'd probably double the amount of things I said at tournies overall >_>. It's kind of expected that they do well and they seem really hard to shake in a competitive setting (though I think I mighta got to ESAM a little when I whispered in his ear during crew battles when he was fighting Snipa :laugh: )

But back on topic, you're right. No matter how routine it gets, it's still nice to know that your friends are happy for you when you win/place at a tourney. And it's nice to know that you have people rooting you on during your matches. I guess I just kinda assume Seibrik'll win no matter who he's fighting. Come MLG tho, you can guarantee there'll be a huge FL cheering section for the guy. He deserves it.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
It's because at most times people want to see other people win with a character that isn't "da bess".

Same here at Waba people were eagerly rooting for Kismet when he was playing Elev8. While I felt I was the only one rooting for him (which I probably was) 99% of the entire venue rooted for Kismet. For Kismet had a character that didn't earn wins as easily as Elev8's character(Ice Climbers).

xD but of course Kismet still lost

Aglow

Smash Journeyman
It's because at most times people want to see other people win with a character that isn't "da bess".

Same here at Waba people were eagerly rooting for Kismet when he was playing Elev8. While I felt I was the only one rooting for him (which I probably was) 99% of the entire venue rooted for Kismet. For Kismet had a character that didn't earn wins as easily as Elev8's character(Ice Climbers).

xD but of course Kismet still lost
Ice climbers don't earn **** easliy. If you think that's how it works you should try taking them to a tourney and see how it goes.

More on topic, every person Seribrik plays against knows how to fight against generic MKs. To succeed at a high level, the mind behind the character is what matters. He definately has that mind.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Master a chain grab for selected character.
Grab
Stock
Repeat

Sounds pretty easy sir for someone who knows the grabs. It makes a lot of battles an uphill battle.

Note: I'm talking about the process not the learning curve

DFEAR

Smash Hero
I've cheered against Seibrik when he's fighting Shaky or Snipa just cause I think they need the motivation/cheering more than Seibrik does.

this. jus saying.

i made seibrik go to willvo >__> jus because i like to chill with him. all homo

Strawhat64

Smash Ace
No one cheers for me in melee, its w/e

Being a nice person won't help you much, trust me lol.
I sheer for you almost all the time!
unless there a falcon that involves Hax/darkrain/SS...and maybe scar, witch will make cheering a bit difficult.

and that's the truth :o

but no seriously I agree with what snapa is saying. Much love to the MK of florida son.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
lol at ice climbers not ****ting on falco, pls stop.

Seibriks pretty cool, he gives really good advice *still remembers snake advice from tally*
yesssss.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
lol seibrik has been VERY grimy in the past and i don't forget

still, he prolly should get a tad (just a tad) bit more respect

CO18

Smash Hero
Who gives a ****. He mains metaknight. As long as hes making money hell suck it up.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
The reason people don't cheer for him is because he is #1. That is it. That is the reason why, in general, people don't cheer for M2K or Ally unless they are crew members. At MLG almost EVERYBODY is rooting against Ally simply because he is higher seed and nobody else from Canada is there. M2K has more support because he has crew members from Ohio and NJ, but for the most part people will cheer against him.

Master Raven

Smash Master
ESAM is correct.

In addition, he's a significant contributor to my growth as a player, and I feel I've grown smarter overall in some ways from the stuff he's taught me. He's a great teacher, and his influence on his other pupils shows as well. He was also my first friend irl that I've had since... 2nd grade. Smash propelled me out of my social hermit shell >_> (I was never really anti-social, per se, but I just lacked any really good friends since I've been homeschooled from 3rd grade up until last year).

AfroQT

Smash Master
Could you imagine cheering for a MK?
YEAH MAN TORNADO HIM

EDIT:
Same with D3, YO BRO GRAB OH **** NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

EDIT2:
People cheer for the underdog, this isnt something new to ANY community lol.

ANd yeah seibrik can be MAD ****in grimey so **** that.

8Bitman

Smash Master
wow i've only been to 2 tourneys with seibrik and i've noticed this. O__o

spread the love! =3

OverLade

Smash Hero
I said this back at MLG and nobody took me seriously.

Now I'm like w/e. I use MK, and when people cheer against me, I cheer with them. I'm so good even I can't let myself win.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
its like flash metroid in the sfl srk community xD...

when ppl boo he stands up and edges on the boo'in

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
People just always want to see the underdog win (Unless the favorite to win is from their region/crew) Thats just how it is.

Top Bottom