• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fl Brawl Power Rankings!!

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
well I like never get to play brawl

as do many other people

having an immidiate tournament would be biased because a select few, aka the people on this list, will most likely win.

But wth, go ZORO!

Win ELM!
mind games transfer to brawl, you just need to learn the move set and use it to where your comfortable. It only took queen and colin to be up to par with everyone after a few hours.

slim de la crim

Smash Apprentice
well either way it goes brawl is DEFINETLY NOT goin anywhere so knowing that helps me deal with it. but that re-release idea would be real fun. they can jus put it on the wii and that would keep the wii sales up along with keeping us melee freaks happy. cuz melee would be the PERFECT game with online play.

Zoro

Smash Champion
well I like never get to play brawl

as do many other people

having an immidiate tournament would be biased because a select few, aka the people on this list, will most likely win.

But wth, go ZORO!

Win ELM!
Hungry you play jiggly the exact same way in brawl
I doubt ill have any advantage over anyone even with the head start

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
Hungry you play jiggly the exact same way in brawl
I doubt ill have any advantage over anyone even with the head start
that's a complete fabrication.

The same way people say you play Peach the same way.

I dont even think I could begin to appropriately describe how radically different every character plays from their melee counterparts

Emilio:

You're never gonna be ready to get good at Brawl if you hate it so much. Read up on some Playing To Win by Sirlin.

Love of the game man... its pretty important.

just play against someone good. I can guarantee you that you arent seeing brawl the way it should be seen.

CaptainCrunch

Smash Ace
Dam I just made a legendary post and it got denied by server. Gayyyyyyyyy!!

But the main point was, jiggly is easy transfer with variations in combos, but all basics are there. Mango = proof.

Brawl is a good chance to have fun by learning a new game. Making up new strategies only to have them turned on you and having to fin new ones was epic.

Summer + Spring Break = Getting good + play good people and chill with friends. Specially WATO they're awesome to hang and to play with.

CaptainCrunch

Smash Ace
haha i feel the same way

I just started feeling like i was getting alot better

3 years to completely waste by not developing any skill at all
when i could have just picked sheik from the beginning and actually gotten better then switch to link if i wanted. I regret starting out with link just cuz i didnt get better until i played other characters. Hungrybox picks up the game competitively and in 6 months is on the power ranking. o wellz

im not making the same mistake for brawl im going to learn as much as i can. Im also not going to let character choices hinder me. Various chars sounds about right for me even tho im definitely going to use link as much as i can.
I'm taking part credit for hungry getting good in 6 months. Over the summer we had a freking training schedule man. Play foot ball then tennis, then smash. Then ping pong then mickies. It was f*cking epic. I trained him with like every high tier in the game besides shiek. That was hiros and sprin(kull)ce (his brother)

Just have fun with the game, by fun I don't mean play stupid butjust play your heart out. I remember when we were more matched up our hearts would be beating at the end of every match and we would come into every day saying "***** you are going down!"

Fun FTW

Zoro

Smash Champion
that's a complete fabrication.

The same way people say you play Peach the same way.

I dont even think I could begin to appropriately describe how radically different every character plays from their melee counterparts

Emilio:

You're never gonna be ready to get good at Brawl if you hate it so much. Read up on some Playing To Win by Sirlin.

Love of the game man... its pretty important.

just play against someone good. I can guarantee you that you arent seeing brawl the way it should be seen.
not saying its identical but im pretty sure hes still gonna be doin some of the same moves

Ill see i never even played puff before so your probably right

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
yo, just recently i changed my mindset to a realy ore positive one. and at tournaments, i havent been getting mad anymore. i really saw myself improving in the last month and a half lol. if i sticked with melee, i could see myself possibly going somewhere. but i'm just gonna use everything i learned, and transfer it all to brawl. Im not gonna be held back in brawl by a mindset. im taking this ish out mangz. seriosuly though, watch out for me, cuz i wanna own hard in this game, and im gonna do it too. I got so much enthusiasm for this game, its cuhrazee. im so ready to own with diddy....peace

-hiro

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
yo, just recently i changed my mindset to a realy ore positive one. and at tournaments, i havent been getting mad anymore. i really saw myself improving in the last month and a half lol. if i sticked with melee, i could see myself possibly going somewhere. but i'm just gonna use everything i learned, and transfer it all to brawl. Im not gonna be held back in brawl by a mindset. im taking this ish out mangz. seriosuly though, watch out for me, cuz i wanna own hard in this game, and im gonna do it too. I got so much enthusiasm for this game, its cuhrazee. im so ready to own with diddy....peace

-hiro
this is an invitation to get SHUT DOWN!

slim de la crim

Smash Apprentice
Because the concept you cannot seem to comprehend is that it isnt you nor I that constitutes the entirety of the tournament scene.

Its the smash community.

And as Brawl is going to be vastly more popular than Melee to the public, and with online play, AND with MLG doing online ladders, there's going to be a gargantuan community for tournaments in brawl. And they all want to play Brawl not melee. Plus the fact that a large majority of the top melee players are already playing brawl almost exclusively means that Melee is already dead. Melee is Dead On Arrival come Brawl release.

I mean, there are a couple people out there that are probably hardcore Marvel vs Capcom fans, and they revel in their happiness when they manage to find a MvC cabinet at an arcade.

But who... the fvck... plays MvC anymore? its all about MvC2.

honestly having too many people in the community will be alil boring if u ask me. think about it if everyone with a wii had brawl and played online the scene will be swarmed with noobs and non-competitive fighters. i jus wanna keep the competitiveness. i can adapt to brawl but the competitiveness keeps me playin the game a hole lot more than my actual liking for the game. i believe melee got as far as it did because of its competitiveness so as long as brawl doesnt strip us competitve melee players of our desire to play, then we'll be fiine.

Munkey Cheeze

Smash Rookie
I'm new to the competetive smash scene and have only been to one tourny (I-net R.I.P) and I sucked mainly because for 6 years I only played for fun. Maybe now I can really be a competetive brawler now and luckily (even though for his sake I don't wanna affialiate with him) Juan sorta got me started so look for MUnkey Cheeze to storm into your wi-fi battle soon! I hope... Toon Link FTW!

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)

-hiro
Just try owning my jiggs with diddy this friday

just try

$1 MM

CaptainCrunch

Smash Ace

-hiro
Mad props Brian. That's what I've always said has been holding you back.

Nowwwww.... Who should I main for brawl???

DDD??
Ike??
SONIC!?!?

lol I think I'm going to have like 10 mains in brawl.

Linguini

Smash Master
Ahhhh yesss my wii came from ebay, now all I gotta do is wait till sat and slip the disc in!!!

Oh yeah I main Marth now....hes too fun in this game.

Frames

DI
Yeah, more people = more competition = more fun = more better = more drama = more buddies = more rx queen = more hey I'm frames, I wear glasses = more moreness

:colorful:
Couldn't have put it better myself. More people will definitely help the community not hurt it.
Also, you better recognize my R.O.B. skillz, son!

:colorful:

Top Bottom