• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FL at Pound 3, **Attendance list updated**

Zoro

Smash Champion
Not from Florida but im going. Can I have a temporary license to Florida?
wtf wait a bit lets discuss what were gonna do at gigs

also i have a job but i might not when feb comes around so hopefully i can save some money for it

Pritch

Smash Lord
If I go I'll be driving. I should have a better idea of whether I'll be able to make it after christmas, but atm I'm planning on being there.

There are 2 small catches with riding with me though. First is that I have no interest at all in driving south to start a 14ish hour trip north. Fortunately for anyone who happens to be south of me that needs a ride, I'll be taking I-95 to get there, and while it's not the optimal route I can easily go to jacksonville and head north from there. So if you (or anyone else looking for a ride) can catch a ride/bus/hitchhike/whatever that far, we can meet up and stuff can happen.

The second complication is that I may be coordinating with melbourne, and if that is the case I don't know how much room we'll have to pick up stragglers. Again, I'll know more details about that later. I'm kinda waiting until after christmas/sometime in january to set anything in stone so I'll know what my financial situation will be.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
i am definitely not driving rx. i have to be back in florida by monday for school/work so....yeah...

also, for pound 3 funding, if you can, a job works wonders. you get like constant money. and dont have to worry about doing good at a tournament. if you start working now you should be fine for pound. just saying...peace

-hiro

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
i am definitely not driving rx. i have to be back in florida by monday for school/work so....yeah...

also, for pound 3 funding, if you can, a job works wonders. you get like constant money. and dont have to worry about doing good at a tournament. if you start working now you should be fine for pound. just saying...peace

-hiro
Brian

Can you pay for me with your credit card?

I'll pay you in cash like 60 or 70 bucks for the tourney

and how do i know if i've already registered?

Is there like a list somewhere cuz i'm not sure if i did.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Is there anyone in Florida who's planning on driving?
I'm about 90% our whole crew is, however, I don't know if we have any spots left in the car. I'll give you an update when I know.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
OK I just looked at flights again and found a really good one (for me that is):

$154 AirTran
Friday Feb 1 = MCO 4:51p BWI 6:57p
Monday Feb 4 = BWI 11:14a MCO 1:21p

No flight switches or anything, pretty cheap, and good times for me!!!

Anyone else interested in this flight with me???

EDIT: I fixed the times, I had ****ed it up at first...

:colorful:

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Hi to everyone in Florida! I wasn't sure where to post to the FL people lol is there a Florida thread besides this buried deep down?

It's been ages, and I'm not sure if anybody remembers who I am anymore, but I was briefly on the scene of smash 2004-2005 and attended MLG Florida back in the day in which Eddie, Husband, Oro, and even Mr.Silver attended. I still remember everyone I played and the games we had lol and you guys were all really cool, especially QDVS and HaloGod. I recently started playing a bit of smash again.

Anyway, I was planing on visiting some family in Florida Jan 1st-4th and was wondering if anyone living near West Palm Beach would be interested in meeting up briefly. I wouldn't be able to play for long obviously cause its a short visit, but if someone lives nearby it would be fun to play for a few hours or doing anything else that would be fun besides smash.

So yeah if anyone is nearby and would be interested let me know here of PM me. It would be cool to see some of you guys again.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Haha nice. Did we end up playing at any point? I played quite a few players that I didn't know the names of, but if I played you I'll remember it heh.

I'll send you a PM in a few days.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
OK I just looked at flights again and found a really good one (for me that is):

$154 AirTran
Friday Feb 1 = MCO 4:51p BWI 6:57p
Monday Feb 4 = BWI 11:14a MCO 1:21p

No flight switches or anything, pretty cheap, and good times for me!!!

Anyone else interested in this flight with me???

EDIT: I fixed the times, I had ****ed it up at first...

I like this idea....

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
Whoever took this flight would be flying out of MCO (Orlando) on Friday, Feb 1 at 4:51pm, then arriving at BWI (Baltimore) at 6:57pm!!!

On Monday, Feb 4 you'd be leaving BWI (Baltimore) at 11:14am, then arriving back at MCO (Orlando) at 1:21pm!!!

So it's not quite morning but early afternoon!!!

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
Whoever took this flight would be flying out of MCO (Orlando) on Friday, Feb 1 at 4:51pm, then arriving at BWI (Baltimore) at 6:57pm!!!

On Monday, Feb 4 you'd be leaving BWI (Baltimore) at 11:14am, then arriving back at MCO (Orlando) at 1:21pm!!!

So it's not quite morning but early afternoon!!!

well if thats the earliest they got i guess i wont be able to make it.....

OTRU...

Smash Champion
yo andy, louie and I are thinking about getting our tickets next week on the 26th, i found some really cheap nonstop flights for $130, so what i wanted to ask you is if you could wait until the 26th that way we can all get our tickets together... it will be you, colin, john(TBP), will, louie, ryan and I (Rx if you want you could join us as well). Plus if we manage to go together we could all get to the airport together and we can all split other expenses (transportation, hotel...) when we get to Maryland, so whadduya think? tru?

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think it's sounds good, but there is one main thing I need to know first:

What days/times the flights are

Because at the moment it seems Colin needs to be back in time for school Monday (meaning he'll probably need to leave Sunday night)!!!

As for me as long as I get back in time for my Monday class at 6 PM I'm good!!!

So yeah post up the flight info and I'll get back to ya on how it works for me!!!

OTRU...

Smash Champion
kk cool, im gonna try to find a flight to get back on sun, what time do you think the tourney will be done by though? ill get on aim right now so we can discuss this

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ryan I can explain to you on AIM all the flight situations I found from MCO to BWI that would get you back on Sunday/Early Monday!!!

Or just PM me!!!

I've been looking into a bunch of flights to try and help figure out how Colin can miss little to no school Monday!!!

OTRU...

Smash Champion
yo ryan we were looking into the flight situation and colin has the same issue, he has to be back by sunday as well but the thing is that the tickets are more expensive for sunday night, so were gonna have to look into that, we'll talk about it when we get back to orlando tonight

EDIT: oops i didnt see qdvs post, he basically said the same thing i did, ohh wellz

Linguini

Smash Master
Im coming back sunday also, btu supposedly the tourney ends at 8 so its gonna be tough to find flights, which has been the case with me.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Yo, Joe, I'm down! And I've already talk to Q about these matters, so all that's left is everyone waiting to buy tickets at the same time. I've already got the money.

See you all @ Gigs.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Ryan I can explain to you on AIM all the flight situations I found from MCO to BWI that would get you back on Sunday/Early Monday!!!

Or just PM me!!!

I've been looking into a bunch of flights to try and help figure out how Colin can miss little to no school Monday!!!

Some of my crew need to get back early too. What time are these flights at?

Zoro

Smash Champion
No money

I know i can save all of it before i go to pound but I might not get the same plane if u guys are all buying it now :(

Im gonna have to find a way to get some cash fast lol

Top Bottom