• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FIU Brawl Spring Tournament, Miami, FL: 1-24-09 (RESULTS ON 1ST POST)

AfroQT

Smash Master
SeibrikOnObamavsMcCain said:
BadMisterrrFrost (9:21:42 PM): right now
BadMisterrrFrost (9:21:43 PM): obama
BadMisterrrFrost (9:21:45 PM): supports d3
BadMisterrrFrost (9:21:45 PM): lol
Seibrik (9:21:53 PM): dam strait son
Seibrik (9:21:55 PM): he mains d3
Seibrik (9:21:59 PM): like a man
Seibrik (9:22:16 PM): he chaingrabbed the country into submission until he was elected
Seibrik (9:22:36 PM): mcain was snake, republican, always wanting to blow **** up
BadMisterrrFrost (9:22:41 PM): rofl
BadMisterrrFrost (9:22:51 PM): should be sigged
SEIBRIKKKKK
Holdin it down

Master Raven

Smash Master
I don't really think there's any point in banning MK in this tourney when he isn't dominant in FL in the first place (even if MK may start getting more dominant around once I start attending more tournies, you can always use characters who are already starting to be revealed to have close matchups with MK, most notably of course Snake, and ironically enough some people are beginning to think Afro's current main, Wario, goes close, if not even with MK). It wouldn't really give any sort of insight on how the diversity in FL is like without him when this state is currently one of, if not the least MK-dominated states in the country right now.

But, it's your tourney, and I'm not gonna shove anything down your throat, but I just don't think MK really needs to be banned for this.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
whoa whoa dont bring me into this...im only here to say to calm down with the posts 8bit. Its not that serious of business. it really isnt

dont get upset over peoples comments about rules of your tourney. it was determined that i wouldnt be able to come to this since like...a month or two ago, but even i think a Mk ban is dumb. You can do what you want though, since my opinion is null and void since i wont be there

Deflect

Smash Cadet
The truth is, yea... any scrub can get MK and smash some buttons and get lucky; but you should respect those good Meta Knights that know how to play. It's a character just like any other and if it's something you main, you go to the only tournament around your city and it's banned. That sucks, any good MK player will tell you that some match ups can beat MK and I'm sure there are no PRO STATUS Meta Knights around in Florida.

vamp1001

Smash Rookie
wait
so who here plays sumper smash brothiers ?!?!?!
ill play anyone money macth 10$ rayz pizza by 137
:D

Deflect

Smash Cadet
I challenge you to a Brawl 1v1, MK only. Who ever loses has to buy a Spaghetti at Ray's Pizza for the winner.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I think he meant the original SSB64...But I could be wrong...

I'll MM anybody going to this. :3
ZSS.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Its like no matter how good i do against MKs, somehow people are still on this thing of him being overpowered or broken.

Its like, even though i demolish every MK, people do whatever they can to avoid the "I must get better excuse". INstead, its MK's fault.

So instead of encouraging people to get better, i'd rather make them hate their lives even more.
Thank god your not a politician. lol.

Nevershootme: Put my name in the attendant list. I'm coming for this.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Rainbow Cruise is ********. Halberd should be kept because Snake has the advantage vs MK on that stage thanks to low ceiling making his vertical KO ability easier for him, plus MK won't be camping under the platforms as effectively since Snake can just lay explosives to limit his options from that point.

... But what's the point since MK is gonna be banned? :colorful: I might go DK/Bowser/Falco (for DDDs that aren't Seibrik since they might infinite my other two characters) for this tourney.

DON'T BAN MK!!!

nevershootme

Smash Master
look, i haven't updated the stage list since i've been slightly busy lately. i'm looking at pictochat, halberd, brinstar, and some more i can't think of off the top of my head

as far as a d3 infinite on specific characters, i guess we can put out a gentleman's rule on it.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I don't think Pictochat should be legal. I'd have the DDD infinite banned personally I think I'd outright ban it, but I think a gentleman's agreement is good too.

Rekeah

Smash Apprentice
so would d3's infinite be banned? i dont think it should, since the person who picked that specific character to be infinite'd should already know about this...

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
i do the gentlemens rule myself wenever its not banned either way, real man dont need to infinite ;)

/end invalid argument

but yea, just take away pictochat and rainbow cruise, add halberd and brinstar and we're good man. no need to overcomplicate things

i went to C3 where pictochat was allowed all i heard all day were people complaining and chu dat laughing.

do wat u will,

doesnt matter to me

nevershootme

Smash Master
freakin beautiful and perfect. couldnt have made the list better myself ;)
um... those have been the common list of CP's with a give or take of 1-3 extras

edit: so far there's mixed answers still for 3v3 or singles. low tier no one cares at all.

edit again: excessive stalling (edge, running the clock) will be monitored seriously (ex. Danny). if you got a problem, stop and tell me

verycoolguy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CoolVCG
Question. Are there going to be TV sets hooked with Gamebridges so matches can be recorded? My friends want to see how I do.

Master Raven

Smash Master
8-Bit owns a Gamebridge himself and often records matches in tournaments so you might be able to get recorded if you wish.

I also have an RCA Lyra RD2780 which can record. In fact I think I'll be bringing it for this tourney if anyone wants anything recorded, but I'm gonna need at least a couple splitters if none of the TVs have an output jack since I don't have a second splitter yet to be able to split the A/V signals seperately.

Rekeah

Smash Apprentice
on the participant list for this tourney, add me and "wolf". so seibrik, how long have you been playing ddd? i would like to play mirror friendlies if you dont mind, since i heard your the best d3 in florida.

verycoolguy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CoolVCG
I have a Gamebridge too, but I also don't have splitters. I'll try to get one at Radioshack before Saturday. I'll see if I can bring my Dad's laptop too.

Coffee™

I need it....
I've got splitters and a Dazzle but i'm generally too lazy to carry my laptop around. I'm bringing my Wii with infinite replay anyway though so I'll just upload any saved replays.
If anyone wants me to bring the splitters though let me know.

btw, i'm leaning towards 3v3...
Lean the other way plz :(

If this does eventually end up being 3vs3 anyone wanna team with me?

Rekeah

Smash Apprentice
I've got splitters and a Dazzle but i'm generally too lazy to carry my laptop around. I'm bringing my Wii with infinite replay anyway though so I'll just upload any saved replays.
If anyone wants me to bring the splitters though let me know.

Lean the other way plz :(

If this does eventually end up being 3vs3 anyone wanna team with me?
we could team up if you want, dont worry, i could hold my part with pretty decent success at the least.

Top Bottom