• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FIU Brawl Spring Tournament, Miami, FL: 1-24-09 (RESULTS ON 1ST POST)

Rekeah

Smash Apprentice
w/e... i'll unban him anyways, but in 3v3 it doesn't make much of a difference... ****ing ***s can't allow freedom, such liberals
are you... unbanning him...? not like i play with him, just asking out of curiousity...

AfroQT

Smash Master
Theres no reason for Mk to be banned in FL. Very rarely does MK make it to top 3 and even then, thats not enough for him to be banned. This Deflect guy is probably horrible. If you wanna ban MK fine, i already told you what bandwagon that puts you on. I also already told you who your REALLY affecting, and its definitely not anyone who will be winning this tourney. Master_Raven could win, but not if his main is banned.

Rekeah

Smash Apprentice
Theres no reason for Mk to be banned in FL. Very rarely does MK make it to top 3 and even then, thats not enough for him to be banned. This Deflect guy is probably horrible. If you wanna ban MK fine, i already told you what bandwagon that puts you on. I also already told you who your REALLY affecting, and its definitely not anyone who will be winning this tourney. Master_Raven could win, but not if his main is banned.
who is master ravens main?

Master Raven

Smash Master
I main MK and play a lot of other characters (second-best being DK). I don't think I'm gonna use my DK as a "secondary" anymore though since none of MK's matchups are bad, so I'm just gonna get good with them all.

BTW I bet I could own MK tornado spammers with my DK :colorful:

nevershootme

Smash Master
bandwagon... lets see the trend

people jumping on the snake bandwagon was only a fad and died out.

then came mk and everyone jumped in on the mk bandwagon is guilty of this. now everyone and their momma plays mk or secondaries him. i have a list of names left and right who are on this.

AHHHH CONFORMITY. I ****ING LOVE IT

edit: yea... DEHF whooping DSF...

Rekeah

Smash Apprentice
I main MK and play a lot of other characters (second-best being DK). I don't think I'm gonna use my DK as a "secondary" anymore though since none of MK's matchups are bad, so I'm just gonna get good with them all.

BTW I bet I could own MK tornado spammers with my DK :colorful:
dk owns mk's tornado...? how is this possible?

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I hope MK won't be banned. I'd like to see how well I do against the competition with all the character's I use.

I'll try recording some matches in this tournament as long as it's okay to do so. Also, does anyone have USB gecko to mod the saved replays past 3 minutes?

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Hey, I only use MK against scrubs because I think it's funny spamming tornado...I don't actually play him! =D
CaliburChamp...$5.00 my ZSS vs. your Kirby? I'll play you in some friendlies first if you don't know the matchup.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
I don't play MK unlike the rest of the world, including people complaining about him. It's all about GaW. Also, I will be there. That is all.

AfroQT

Smash Master
bandwagon... lets see the trend

people jumping on the snake bandwagon was only a fad and died out.

then came mk and everyone jumped in on the mk bandwagon is guilty of this. now everyone and their momma plays mk or secondaries him. i have a list of names left and right who are on this.

AHHHH CONFORMITY. I ****ING LOVE IT

edit: yea... DEHF whooping DSF...
Having a high tier secondary isnt new to any fighting game. That doesnt mean it should be banned, and it doesnt prove your point at all. In my case in particular, it just so happens that the character i have the most trouble against (d3) worst matchup is MK, so i use MK ONLY for that matchup.

The difference between someone picking up MK for a bad matchup, or even maining MK, and someone banning Mk at a tournament is that people that SHOULDNT be affected are being affected.

Master Raven

Smash Master
DK can stop the tornado with his dash attack, ftilt, giant punch, pivot grab, fsmash, etc.

Of course the first three are the most reliable, and if I shield your tornado and you run from me I can just walk and punish with a long-range attack such as Ftilt, or a grab if you're close enough.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Hey, I only use MK against scrubs because I think it's funny spamming tornado...I don't actually play him! =D
CaliburChamp...$5.00 my ZSS vs. your Kirby? I'll play you in some friendlies first if you don't know the matchup.
I'll let you know at the tournament, and I do know the match up fairly well. Her Down+B is **** material.

People already learned how to deal with MK's. Unless their name is M2K. He is the main reason why people want MK banned, because he is close to unbeatable and he attends many big tournaments. MK should not be banned and the SBR did not ban MK so there is no reason to ban MK at all. Although, I don't really care what the SBR thinks... however, they were right on not banning MK.

nevershootme

Smash Master
additional rule for 3v3, SUBJECT TO CHANGE PEOPLE!!!

for winners finals, losers finals, and grand finals. they will be best 2/3 while the others will be single matches

reason for this is the time or something, since a set may last like 20 minutes tops. since there's only 6 TV's available.

BRING TVS AND WIIS PLEASE

Master Raven

Smash Master
I need to install the homebrew channel so I can utilize the music and infinite replay hacks.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
8-bit, try and cheer up, you sound really stressed out.

don't listen to what people say, do what you feel. If you want to ban MK, do it.

just remember that no one is the master as much as you are.

Also I hate MK.

Top Bottom