• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FIU Brawl Spring Tournament, Miami, FL: 1-24-09 (RESULTS ON 1ST POST)

Master Raven

Smash Master
Nick, I wanna change that MM to my Donkey Kong vs your ZSS. I know you don't wanna play Bowser and in all honesty I'm not in the mood for my Ike right now, so lol.

shikamaru526

Smash Rookie
UPDATE

IMPORTANT: Minors under 16 will be required to have a consent form when you enter the tournament.
Where would one attain such a form?

EDIT: Also if you do decide to do the 3v3 style play, will you need to have 3 people with you or can you just team up with someone there?

nevershootme

Smash Master
Where would one attain such a form?

EDIT: Also if you do decide to do the 3v3 style play, will you need to have 3 people with you or can you just team up with someone there?
The consent forms, i'll have to get the file and upload it again, so gimmie a moment.

for 3v3, it's best if you're able to get a group in advance, otherwise we'll have to do a random draft for those without a team

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
remember, keep in mind i may change to 3v3 if it gets the ok from the staff, so prepare your teams in advance...

3v3 is not doubles, it's singles format
This is 3v3 only now? Not 1v1 anymore?

I find the 3v3 idea interesting, but I don't agree on it taking over singles. You can have 1 great player on 3v3 and still lose if the other 2 members suck or are just mediocre. It's unbalanced.

Master Raven

Smash Master
You can have 1 great player on 3v3 and still lose if the other 2 members suck or are just mediocre. It's unbalanced.
That is why 8-Bit is suggesting we set up teams, so the good players don't have to worry about having some scrub on their team.

8-Bit, if you want I'll join your team for 3v3.

nevershootme

Smash Master
HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO FREAKING SAY THAT I HAVE NOT CONFIRM 3v3 AS OF NOW. AND I SAID I HAVE TO TALK TO THE STAFF TO LET ME PULL THAT OFF SINCE THEY HANDLE THE MONEY.

I stated in the rule that it' 9 stocks total, not 3 stocks reset after every player is beaten.

example: nick riddle, me, and seibrik vs danny, galeon, and chaz. it's me vs galeon, I take him out with 2 stocks remaining. then it's chaz's turn and I have to start this match with 2 stocks (me) vs 3 (chaz). and then it continues until all 3 players are beaten...

Makes sense????

nick riddle: i may be a jerk of sorts, but i think there's gonna need to be a bit of a balance of players there, gotta give some newbie players some love..... but the draft picking is there for people who are not aware of me making 3v3 happen and they can't find a partner.

edit: SG, I'll take up on the offer right now, but if I'm not able to group with you, i'll do my best to place u with some other players

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO FREAKING SAY THAT I HAVE NOT CONFIRM 3v3 AS OF NOW. AND I SAID I HAVE TO TALK TO THE STAFF TO LET ME PULL THAT OFF SINCE THEY HANDLE THE MONEY.

I stated in the rule that it' 9 stocks total, not 3 stocks reset after every player is beaten.

example: nick riddle, me, and seibrik vs danny, galeon, and chaz. it's me vs galeon, I take him out with 2 stocks remaining. then it's chaz's turn and I have to start this match with 2 stocks (me) vs 3 (chaz). and then it continues until all 3 players are beaten...

Makes sense????

nick riddle: i may be a jerk of sorts, but i think there's gonna need to be a bit of a balance of players there, gotta give some newbie players some love..... but the draft picking is there for people who are not aware of me making 3v3 happen and they can't find a partner.

edit: SG, I'll take up on the offer right now, but if I'm not able to group with you, i'll do my best to place u with some other players
Thanks for clarifying that. This will be my first "brawl" tournament offline and I know I'll have alot of people underestimate me since I'm new to the brawl tournament scene. It can be an advantage for 1vs1, but for 3vs3 it will be hard to find myself some team mates. So if anyone good player needs a partner, just let me know. I want to see videos of you, and I'll show you some videos of me playing. http://www.youtube.com/user/Caliberchamp

GrunJ-MonkE

Smash Cadet
There is no RSVP. and it's first come first serve. good luck trying to run a tournament at a university who are sometimes not flexiable with things and a bit too stupid to listen

as far as FIU complaining? I do my best regardless to make things happen and the tournaments have been running smoothly cuz i know my stuff

ALSO. BRING TV's AND WII"S IF U CAN
yeh, my bad I realized that when I started reading through the thread, I gues I'll just show up early then...btw, are you actually doing random drafts? I already have a mini crew in mind.....lol

oh and cudos to working with FIU, I go there and I'm sure you do too, so you can prolly agree with me when I state that it is a ridicuously b!t(hy university when it comes to ANYTHING lmao...

nevershootme

Smash Master
yeh, my bad I realized that when I started reading through the thread, I gues I'll just show up early then...btw, are you actually doing random drafts? I already have a mini crew in mind.....lol

oh and cudos to working with FIU, I go there and I'm sure you do too, so you can prolly agree with me when I state that it is a ridicuously b!t(hy university when it comes to ANYTHING lmao...
do you go to the game room in GC? that's where we play every day...

the random draft is something i'll have to look into, but it's mostly arranged for those who don't have a team setup prior

GrunJ-MonkE

Smash Cadet
NEVERMIND..........just read the posts above mine.....your right, balance in skill would be fair, regarding the draft....still want my crew though -__-

GrunJ-MonkE

Smash Cadet
do you go to the game room in GC? that's where we play every day...

the random draft is something i'll have to look into, but it's mostly arranged for those who don't have a team setup prior
naw I don't, my friends do sometimes.....I went on friday and did better that I expected, but got McMerked by Danny lol, Imma just go to familiarize myself with the other players and such.....

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Hehe...MK is banned...All 1 person in SFL who plays him shall be lost...I bet people use this as an example when they see "character variety".

nevershootme

Smash Master
Hehe...MK is banned...All 1 person in SFL who plays him shall be lost...I bet people use this as an example when they see "character variety".
which is the word that everyone else on the boards don't even care...

i mean look at that NJ tournament with 14 out of 32 people used mk. fun but discouraging for new players entering the competitive scene

Master Raven

Smash Master
I don't really think it matters catering to new players. New players of Street Fighter II Super Turbo have to deal with Old Sagat who's basically the MK of that game, and MK's dominance seems to be slowing down quite a bit lately.

But feh whatever lol, I'll just have to step it up a notch with my DK then (and probably my other good secondaries if I feel like using).

AfroQT

Smash Master
ROFL you decided to ban MK.
What a ****ing joke.

Good to see we have people in florida who are apart of the "banmk" fvcktards, who will never understand that in ANY fighting game, a character is above the rest.

I wont be coming to this. So all the people who go have fun. .

nevershootme

Smash Master
OH WHOOPIE ****ING DO. LOOK AT INUI BASHING ON XYRO ABOUT TRYING TO RUN WHOBO, ALL BECAUSE OF THE STAGE SELECTIONS LIKE PICTOCHAT (WHICH IS SORT OF A OK CP FOR SOME TOURNAMENTS) AND GREEN GREENS. IT JUST POINTS OUT TRYING TO HAVE SOMEONE CHANGE RULESETS JUST CUZ OF 1 PERSON CONVINCING ****. YOU THINK I GIVE A **** ABOUT BANNING MK? I ****ING CHANGE RULES ANYTIME I ****ING WISH BECAUSE I SAID SO. NOW JUST CUZ OF THAT YOU ****ING CAN'T ****ING BELIEVE IN VARIETY AMONG DIFFERENT PEOPLE'S OPINIONS AND IDEAS. VARIETY IS THE ****ING SPICE OF LIFE AND 50% OF THE TIME IS NOT TRUE.

NOW I CAN ****ING JUST CANCEL THE TOURNAMENT ANYWAYS AND LET PEOPLE BE DISSIPOINTED. I CAN ****ING UNBAN HIM AGAIN IF YOU ****ING SHUT UP ALRIGHT?!!!! WHY THE **** YOU THINK U CAN CONTROL PEOPLE ON WHAT RULES THEY CAN ****ING SET. LIKE IM ****ING SUPPOSE TO LISTEN TO SOME ****ING GOD WHO THINKS THEY CAN CONTROL THINGS.

WHO THE **** HAS THE ****ING BALLS TO ARRANGE A 3V3 TOURNAMENT, DOES ANY OTHER TO HAVE THE BALLS TO DO IT YET???? NOW WHY WOULD YOU ****ING COMPLAIN ABOUT IT AND NOT COME ANYWAYS. IT'S ****ING POINTLESS. I'M ONLY DOING THE BAN BECAUSE I WANT TO CHANGE THINGS A BIT. NOW THIS MAY BE THE ONLY ****ING TIME I'M DOING IT, BUT THE NEXT IT WILL BE NORMAL

JESUS ****ING CHRIST I HAD TO TYPE THIS ****. YOU ****ING SHUT UP AND ENJOY A TOURNAMENT OR WHAT. IM DOING MY ****ING BEST TO PULL IN MORE FIU TOURNAMENTS BECAUSE OF THE SUCCESS OF THE SUMMER TOURNAMENT AND IM JUST IN THE ****ING MOOD TO ALTER THINGS AROUND WHILE MAINTAINING A TOURNAMENT. I DON'T ****ING PUT ITEMS AND ****, THE LOW TIER **** WAS JUST AN OPTIONAL ADDON PENDING TIME. I DON'T ****ING PUT 2 STOCK AND 2 MINUTE MATCHES WITH SINGLE ELIMINATION. THAT'S ****TY TO WORK,

end of ****ing story.

Rekeah

Smash Apprentice
im just wondering, cause i've been to fiu smash tourneys before, but i forgot... is it on the second floor near the ping pong table or on the first floor near a back exit???

AfroQT

Smash Master
Do what you want i dont ****in care.
If you want a low tier tourney, have a low tier tourney.
If you want 3v3, then do 3v3.

But you cant just randomly ban 1 character just because "your the tourney host".
If your gonna host a tournament, obviously there are different things you can alter like bans/neutrals/Cps. But you CANT just do w/e the fvck you want and expect people not to be pissed at it. If you guys wanna have your cutsie lil tourney with MK banned thats fine. Its less practice you'll have in a REAL tourney. It doesnt affect me, im not going, it doesnt mean its RIGHT to just ban a character "cuz you can". That ****s ********. NO idea what you think is going to happen by banning MK. You think you'll see more characters, lol okay...if you forgot NO MK IN FLORIDA DOMINATES THE TOURNEY SCENE ANYWAY. All thats happening is your affecting the few amount of GOOD mks there are. Like bonesaw (not sure if he cares), Master_Raven (very good MK, but hasnt won a tourney yet, his main randomly gets banned at a tourney rofl). Even me and seibrik both go mk for a few matches (i go MK vs Seibrik).

I wasnt going to come anyway, i have something to do this saturday. Ask seibrik, i've already discussed this with him days ago.

Everyone have fun....olol

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
oh Whoopie ****ing Do. Look At Inui Bashing On Xyro About Trying To Run Whobo, All Because Of The Stage Selections Like Pictochat (which Is Sort Of A Ok Cp For Some Tournaments) And Green Greens. It Just Points Out Trying To Have Someone Change Rulesets Just Cuz Of 1 Person Convincing ****. You Think I Give A **** About Banning Mk? I ****ing Change Rules Anytime I ****ing Wish Because I Said So. Now Just Cuz Of That You ****ing Can't ****ing Believe In Variety Among Different People's Opinions And Ideas. Variety Is The ****ing Spice Of Life And 50% Of The Time Is Not True.

Now I Can ****ing Just Cancel The Tournament Anyways And Let People Be Dissipointed. I Can ****ing Unban Him Again If You ****ing Shut Up Alright?!!!! Why The **** You Think U Can Control People On What Rules They Can ****ing Set. Like Im ****ing Suppose To Listen To Some ****ing God Who Thinks They Can Control Things.

Who The **** Has The ****ing Balls To Arrange A 3v3 Tournament, Does Any Other To Have The Balls To Do It Yet???? Now Why Would You ****ing Complain About It And Not Come Anyways. It's ****ing Pointless. I'm Only Doing The Ban Because I Want To Change Things A Bit. Now This May Be The Only ****ing Time I'm Doing It, But The Next It Will Be Normal

Jesus ****ing Christ I Had To Type This ****. You ****ing Shut Up And Enjoy A Tournament Or What. Im Doing My ****ing Best To Pull In More Fiu Tournaments Because Of The Success Of The Summer Tournament And Im Just In The ****ing Mood To Alter Things Around While Maintaining A Tournament. I Don't ****ing Put Items And ****, The Low Tier **** Was Just An Optional Addon Pending Time. I Don't ****ing Put 2 Stock And 2 Minute Matches With Single Elimination. That's ****ty To Work,

End Of ****ing Story.
... ****

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
OH WHOOPIE ****ING DO. LOOK AT INUI BASHING ON XYRO ABOUT TRYING TO RUN WHOBO, ALL BECAUSE OF THE STAGE SELECTIONS LIKE PICTOCHAT (WHICH IS SORT OF A OK CP FOR SOME TOURNAMENTS) AND GREEN GREENS. IT JUST POINTS OUT TRYING TO HAVE SOMEONE CHANGE RULESETS JUST CUZ OF 1 PERSON CONVINCING ****. YOU THINK I GIVE A **** ABOUT BANNING MK? I ****ING CHANGE RULES ANYTIME I ****ING WISH BECAUSE I SAID SO. NOW JUST CUZ OF THAT YOU ****ING CAN'T ****ING BELIEVE IN VARIETY AMONG DIFFERENT PEOPLE'S OPINIONS AND IDEAS. VARIETY IS THE ****ING SPICE OF LIFE AND 50% OF THE TIME IS NOT TRUE.

NOW I CAN ****ING JUST CANCEL THE TOURNAMENT ANYWAYS AND LET PEOPLE BE DISSIPOINTED. I CAN ****ING UNBAN HIM AGAIN IF YOU ****ING SHUT UP ALRIGHT?!!!! WHY THE **** YOU THINK U CAN CONTROL PEOPLE ON WHAT RULES THEY CAN ****ING SET. LIKE IM ****ING SUPPOSE TO LISTEN TO SOME ****ING GOD WHO THINKS THEY CAN CONTROL THINGS.

WHO THE **** HAS THE ****ING BALLS TO ARRANGE A 3V3 TOURNAMENT, DOES ANY OTHER TO HAVE THE BALLS TO DO IT YET???? NOW WHY WOULD YOU ****ING COMPLAIN ABOUT IT AND NOT COME ANYWAYS. IT'S ****ING POINTLESS. I'M ONLY DOING THE BAN BECAUSE I WANT TO CHANGE THINGS A BIT. NOW THIS MAY BE THE ONLY ****ING TIME I'M DOING IT, BUT THE NEXT IT WILL BE NORMAL

JESUS ****ING CHRIST I HAD TO TYPE THIS ****. YOU ****ING SHUT UP AND ENJOY A TOURNAMENT OR WHAT. IM DOING MY ****ING BEST TO PULL IN MORE FIU TOURNAMENTS BECAUSE OF THE SUCCESS OF THE SUMMER TOURNAMENT AND IM JUST IN THE ****ING MOOD TO ALTER THINGS AROUND WHILE MAINTAINING A TOURNAMENT. I DON'T ****ING PUT ITEMS AND ****, THE LOW TIER **** WAS JUST AN OPTIONAL ADDON PENDING TIME. I DON'T ****ING PUT 2 STOCK AND 2 MINUTE MATCHES WITH SINGLE ELIMINATION. THAT'S ****TY TO WORK,

end of ****ing story.

...wow

is it really that serious? like..seriously?

AfroQT

Smash Master
Being told what to do? Do what you want, i never forced you to do anything. I just stated my opinion on how fvckin stupid it is to ban MK. ESPECIALLY in a state where a mk RARELY even gets top 3, let alone win. All your doing by banning MK is affecting players who dont/havent won any tourneys (I.e. Master_Raven).

Top Bottom